Thread: How to remove new units from DMUC?

Default How to remove new units from DMUC?

Hello, i've got a question about how i could remove some of the units that is included in DMUC.

I would like to remove these following:

Additional Austrian Units by Pressuen Gloria
    Additional Swedish Units by Pressuen Gloria

I think they just mess up my unit roster and i would like to remove them from the game.

Now how do i go from here? I guess i need to fix somethings with the .pack files, no?

Help would be much appreciated
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Proud user of:

Default Re: How to remove new units from DMUC?

Have you tried going to Options -> Gameplay Options and choosing DM CORE (extra units off)? Though this will remove units for other factions as well but you may not even notice when playing against them. What's important is that your faction is arranged to your liking.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; June 18, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

Hmmm alright thanks for the tip, would prefer just to remove those Swedish units Thanks anyways!
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Proud user of:

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

you could do as Jean=A=Luc says which will work fine for all the additional units for selective deactivation you could download the Db editor from here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280329

once installed edit the xx_units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions from true to false (where xx is the name of the mod you wish to deactivate) this will effectively stop those units from being recruited

let me know if it works ok, or if you get stuck
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Thanks for the help Hammer! I've got a little bit of a problem - i really dont know wich Pack file i should load with the DB editor

Proud user of:

you are using DMUC 6.0?, it is normally the DMUC core_pack, is it just those units in the two MOD's you want resctriced, if so let me know I will make the amends and upload my core file so you would just need to unzip then
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Ahh yes im using DMUC 6.0 and i actually just need to remove the Swedish units since i've not used them in my current campaign. I kinda dont like the idea with to many units (Quality before quantity). It would be great if you could take your time and help me, since i'm quiet new to modding ETW I've had some problems to find the values where i will remove them from the game

Proud user of:

Oh NV i just found it Thanks for the help!

Proud user of:

no probs., if you get stuck give me a shout

this is always very helpful http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=332238 gives a good overview