Discovered some ctd's in the last few days which I am sorting out. Nothing too serious, just annoying.
OK Border. When you are ready PM me and I will make you a new thread if you want. The time that DM for RTW will be updated to version 9.0 is coming...
DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 || DarthMod: Empire v8.0.1|| DarthMod Napoleon v2.65
DarthMod Rome v9.0.1|| DarthMod Shogun Workshop
My retirement message || My Live TotalWar Podcast Interview
Join the official pages
My Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Review (In Greek)
So when DM 9.0 will be ready? I just want to back to RTW and I hope I could start with DM 9.0.
I think once he gets all the bugs ironed out then (I think) he'll move onto Rome.
But hey, I don't want to push the guy, if you've been looking at the DM Empire page then you'll see that he's coming out with a new patch like every 3 weeks.
ok, thanks for answer.it'll probably take a while, as Darth is also working on Empire.
I think once he gets all the bugs ironed out then (I think) he'll move onto Rome.
But hey, I don't want to push the guy, if you've been looking at the DM Empire page then you'll see that he's coming out with a new patch like every 3 weeks
Great news!This post will be updated tomorrow with news on this submod release date!
I've updated the title post with the inclusions for this mod and will upload the files in the morning. The files will be uploaded as a zip file and you'll need to manually add them in.
Please make a back up of your old files first.
finally, Border Reiver...a long awaited sub-mod...congratulations and good luck with the further improvements
i will sure play it, and will give feedback and suggestions...i just hope you don`t quit updating it as the possible future inclusions made me excited !!
Proud To Be Orthodox Christian
Anyways, it's good that it's done and ready to be tested by the angry mob that have been waiting about a year for this splendid stuff. It's Worth it I'm sure.
P.s. I hope you did rename "Vaxjo" to "Tribus Suiones" as you said you would, even though the description tells a different tale.)
@VictorianVictory......I guess you were
That's right, I'm too busy with my other mod to test this (however I will support it) and is largely untested and will need feedback from everyone.it's good that it's done and ready to be tested by the angry mob
Woops, I have updated the title post now.P.s. I hope you did rename "Vaxjo" to "Tribus Suiones" as you said you would, even though the description tells a different tale.)
@Palatinae....thankyou. The large map version is virtually finished, however it has one major problem and that is it doesn't work unless you use a specific desktop shortcut I created which takes you directly into the julii campaign. I look forward to your feedback.
EDIT: Added an installation section to the title post.
First of all I would like to thank Reiver and Darth for the great job you are doing. In fact, having the need to say something in regards to that made me register.
At some point of my life I was very interested in ancient Rome and Greece so I am basing my words both on what I think will be better for the gameplay and both on the historical facts that still have not faded away from my memory. Of course it is only my humble opinion and nothing else and the only reason that I am bringing that up is the fact that I would like to add some feedback to the project that I enjoy using. No disrespect, to the creators of the mods, is intended!
I will go by the numerical list so as not not confuse myself, mainly (having dyslexia is a pain in a butt when writing )) And again, whatever I am about to say is only my subjective opinion...
1. Julii - it would be better to have them less money but more troops, in order to match the Gauls. Being on the frontier and protecting Rome from the barbarians requires a bigger army. Giving even bigger (and better - say more archers and cavalry) army then in the vanilla version would be, in my opinion more suitable then money - it will eliminate the step of building the army and will reflect better the Julii gameplay position. The lack of large sum of money, on the beginning, on the other hand, will prevent their rapid advancement, as a bigger army will require more resources to maintain and to retrain after the battle...
2. Brutii - now, they are the ones that should have more money. As, according to the original game they come from a very ancient patrician family and thus should have some of that familial gold at hand. But in order to prevent their rapid advancement in the beginning - they should have as half of the number of units at their disposal, when the game starts, then now.
3. Scipii - although it says, in the vanilla game, that they are stinky rich, it is OK for them to have the money amount in between Julii and Brutii as long as they would have very strong fleet (Even trirems). This way one can say that their money went to building the fleet... Moreover, that would reflect historically the fact that during one of the Punic wars Romans have realized that they need a fleet to snap the Carthaginians and had had built one, which in turn allowed them to disrupt Hannibal's supply lines and win the control over the islands in the Mediterranean sea . And they (Scipii) still can be made not be able to progress so rapidly, in the beginning, if they would have to build an army for invasion, from a scratch (a.k.a. they will not have any land units -aside those guarding the city, in the beginning)
Another point that should be reflected, in my opinion, is their (as per vanilla game) drift towards the Greek culture. It would be nice if there could be an option, only for this fraction - either military or diplomatically - make some "clients-states" from Greek cities and/or even Greek rebels fraction cities. In my raw vision of it, the result of such option would be: a. The Greek -if they to accept the notion, will be continued to be ruled by themselves, but, at the end of every year they would either send a nice dinarii contribution to the Scipii or they will provide some Greek troops to the Scipii army. In return, the Scipii will have to protect their "clients" from any attacks, otherwise the Greeks will revolt against them - their mutiny tendency should be increased, compered to other conquered fractions, in case they become a "client-city". b. It should also be much easier for Scipii to bribe generals and captains of the army (including rebels) from Greek origin. This will also will reflect some of the processes that occurred historically...
4. Britons. They should have not one but three cities in their possession, at the beginning of the game. It will still hold their rapid inland invasion but will guaranty that any other fraction will not eliminate them right at the beginning of the game by simply crossing over and assault Britons' only city. (Hey, if I am to play as Gauls or Germans - I would do it. One island early counter strike invasion and you have a. eliminated a rival right on the beginning b. secured yourself an island full of rebels to conquer...). Besides, Britons were united to SOME extent by the time Julius the Caesar had his invasion of the islands planned, in the real world.
5. Having 30 more provinces is nice but we will need some family members to rule them... It would be nice and suitable for the purpose, in my opinion, to extend the "adoption into a family" option. Say, if an army, without a family member, wins several battles and/or wins the city then the captain (of that army) should be offered as an adoption option.
That basically it, for now. Thank you for reading all this. One last thing - I can't wait until the rest of you future inclusions will be implemented! Hurry up, dude
Last edited by momusgl; July 09, 2011 at 01:58 AM.
Last edited by momusgl; July 08, 2011 at 11:54 PM.
Here comes the first "bug" of the mod
When you play as ANY Roman faction, every second time the senate assigns seats it takes all the members of the family and puts them in the highest positions possible, in the senate. And it just cycles - no positions, all highest position, no positions, all positions, and so on...
Last edited by momusgl; July 09, 2011 at 02:18 AM.
Another thing that I think is that the senate awards for their missions should be made 5000 and 2000. As it is too easy to play with the 7500 award (and I am playing on the hardest level, both the game and the battle) - cause it gives you enough money to boost your cities AND the army (and you gonna have some money left!), while the lesser award (of 1000) should be increased cause otherwise almost every-time it is not worth the effort. Or better, the awards should start with a base level that will increase itself over the game period. It is one thing to get 5000 when you just in the beginning and it's another thing when your six cities give you 15 000, to spend, every turn... Same thing goes for the 1000 award.
Last edited by momusgl; July 09, 2011 at 01:55 AM.
Is it possible to make a feature that one can make the senate more happier with you, on the senate floor and office assignments, by giving, say, 30 000 dinarii, as a present to the Roman SPQR faction?
Also, "bread distribution" (as in real history of Rome) feature, in order to increase popularity with the masses, would be nice to have.
One smaaaaaaall complaint It is somewhat hard to see the diplomats in white tunics, on the snow terrain. Especially if they are standing in a forest area.
Same goes, say, for Gallic diplomats wearing green and standing on a grassy terrain. And on the battle map, in that small window where you can zoom in/out of the map, it is somewhat hard to see the position of Carthaginian army, inside the city, because their white colour is blending with the city colour. A black borderline on their triangles and stars will help, perhaps?
Last edited by momusgl; July 09, 2011 at 02:27 AM.
@ Momusgl...thanks for playing the mod and having it work. That's a good start for me and the mod! So where to start ?
I guess the changes I have made is to try and slow down the rapid advancement of the Brutii, Scipii and Britannia. All three of which when AI controlled have invaded out of control in the first 6 turns, especially Britannia.
2 & 3. The Brutii usually have overrun Greece within 30 turns, and needed at least early on to be stopped. Both the Brutii and Scipii are not troubled for long and quite soon build massive armies and take regions at will. I have removed the greek ownership of italian cities to prevent greeks being in the senate.
Although the ownership doesn't correctly imitate history, it is a gameplay option. Cities like Segesta and Syracuse still have greek rebel city ownership (there are others).
4. Britons had to be slowed down, I have given them one town, as they are not threatened by the Gauls early or if ever.
5. The adoption of man of the hour occurs in the game anyway doesn't it? I can't remember how this works?
This will be slowly implemented in stages into this submod prior to releasing the large map. If I released it now I would be too unhappy with an unfinished product.The large map version- is it that "future inclusions" mod?
This isn't so much a bug, but the game programming allocating senate seats to the senate, the other factions take about 10 turns or so.Here comes the first "bug" of the mod
This is a work in progress and I think essential aspect. Anytime I have ever played the game I am broke about 20 turns and unable to build more troops or buildings (primarily as the Julii). Even the limited testing I did a 7500 boost in revenue quickly disappates when you raise another 1000 men. I do agree that 1000 is too low and that's why I made it 2500 denari to be worth the effort.....senate awards for their missions should be made 5000 and 2000
The game balance of money is very difficult to work out, especially as the number of cities increase. I'd love to hear feedback on VH/VH (as you play) later in the campaign as well.
This part of the game cannot be modded unfortunately, with the exception of the appreciation and displeasure turns which I changed on the senate text. This is a heavily (and originally not finished by CA) modified file, which is a work in progress and I am looking forward to hearing if anything occurs that you have never heard of or seen before...... make the senate more happier with you,
About the carthaginian colour, this is standard DarthMod colour, but maybe I need to change the colour on this. I'm fine with the whit tunics and green for the gauls.
Feedback is always welcome
so where can i download this mod ?, im not seeing it ! cheers
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)