Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadliest Warrior - Spartan Vs Samurai

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Deadliest Warrior - Spartan Vs Samurai

These never-before-seen tests and battles examine the greatest warriors in history and pit speed against power, bronze versus steel

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Deadliest Warrior - Spartan Vs Samurai

Spartan Easily wins.

Care to explain? The samurai is superior in many ways just as the spartan is superior in others.

InF3sTeD's Avatar Decanus

Spartan wins because he was that massive bronze shield. Not to mention Bronze armour behind the shield.

Also a Spartan shield could work just as well an offensive weapon as defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by InF3sTeD View Post
    Spartan wins because he was that massive bronze shield. Not to mention Bronze armour behind the shield.

Also a Spartan shield could work just as well an offensive weapon as defensive.
    bullcrap

samurai wins because they were better wariors end of story. if you think that a bronze shield can save the spartan your worng. katana do slice trough it. bronze is not that strong material. its not steel.

dont forgot the exposed legs of the greek wariors. actually the samurai had more protection.

greeks were more trained to work together then single fighting. samurai is quicker therefore he will win.

people underastemate the samurai because he does not whear a huge armor like european wariors.

skill comes before armor.

LSD's Avatar Civis

Do take into consideration the Spartans were at least 1000 years(Not sure about the exact time range but you get the picture) before the samurais. Also do consider what kind of beast-soldiers they'd evolve into after about 1000 years of the Agoge and they also "modernised" to the newer war techniques etc ;p

Because Deadliest Warrior certainly is logical and scientific.

/sarcasmends.

InF3sTeD's Avatar Decanus

Ya the show makes me mad a lot of the time. The battle that really boiled my blood was the Spartan vs Ninja.

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by InF3sTeD View Post
    Ya the show makes me mad a lot of the time. The battle that really boiled my blood was the Spartan vs Ninja.
    I think the modern ones are more fair than the ancient ones.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Space Wolves's Avatar Primicerius

Celt vs Immortal.. LOL

20,284 Officers Lost in the Line of Duty as of 2010-12 this month- 124 this year
    Red: Suspect inflicted: Blue Accident
    Officer Christopher A Wilson: End of Watch 10/27/10: San Diego PD, CA
    Lt. Jose A Cordova Montaez: End of Watch 10/26/10: Pureto Rico PD
    Cpt. George Green: End of Watch 10/26/10: Oklahoma Highway PD
    Deputy Sheriff Odelle McDuffle Jr. 10/25/10: Liberty Country SD, Texas
    Officer John Abraham: End of Watch 10/25/10: Teaneck PD New Jersey
    Sgt. Timothy Prunty: End of Watch 10/24/10: Shreveport PD. Louisiana

Unfortunately people actually care for the results whereas I only watch the show to see the weapons, equipment and how it's used.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Unfortunately people actually care for the results whereas I only watch the show to see the weapons, equipment and how it's used.
    Same here. I like to see the weapons and dummies being horribly mauled, but I can't stand the woefully inaccurate sensationalism. I don't even watch the final battle, because it's usually so stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Haven't watched the episode yet, but I would think it be a very very close call. Both Spartans and samurais are ultimate fighter in their times and cultures. They are the "tanks" of their times.

But the episode that made me laugh is the "Spartan vs Ninja". A light weight sneaker vs a mobile "tank" hahaha.
    If you rep me, please leave your username so I can rep back
    Formerly known as Sarry. and My Political Profile!

Magno's Avatar Decanus

Spartan won for the reason the show explained- Katana's inabilty to penetrate spartan's armor as well as the fact that the spartan has 3 x 3 bronze shield that cannot be gotten past and if i remember correctly there was a pretty big margin of kills versus that of the samurai
    No heroes, no villains, only conflicting perspectives with regards to a specific object.

Visiar's Avatar Centenarius

Spartan wins because it had a shield that could be used to defend and attack. Also, to me it seemed the katana was too long for close range combat compared to the Spartan's sword.

But even though Deadliest Warrior does say the Spartan wins I wouldn't agree with everything on the show. (A pirate beat a knight).

"I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right"
    -Billy Graham
    When did you become interested in politics?
    The very instant I became old.

I love how people completely ignores the fact that "Samurai" had a history of 750 years with very different equipment, tactics and organization depending on time.

I couldn't see the show on the OP's url, so I saw the clip on youtube, and it really got me WTF. A steel blade can't even dent bronze but a iron sword can easily cut through lamellar? A man who supposedly trained archery for his whole life can't hit a man sized target until he's only 5m away? A compound bow at such a close range can't penetrate a thin sheet of bronze? Why do the Samurai repeatedly bash the shield instead of aiming at parts that isn't armored, hasn't he learned Kaisha-Kenpou? Why are the Samurai's wearing what looks like a Tousei-Gusoku yet fighting like a Gen-Pei War Samurai? That's like having a Norman Knight wearing a Gothic Plate! Finally, why the hell are they fighting anyway? This show doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Juggernaut; June 17, 2010 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    I love how people completely ignores the fact that "Samurai" had a history of 750 years with very different equipment, tactics and organization depending on time.

I couldn't see the show on the OP's url, so I saw the clip on youtube, and it really got me WTF. A steel blade can't even dent bronze but a iron sword can easily cut through lamellar? A man who supposedly trained archery for his whole life can't hit a man sized target until he's only 5m away? A compound bow at such a close range can't penetrate a thin sheet of bronze? Why do the Samurai repeatedly bash the shield instead of aiming at parts that isn't armored, hasn't he learned Kaisha-Kenpou? Why are the Samurai's wearing what looks like a Tousei-Gusoku yet fighting like a Gen-Pei War Samurai? That's like having a Norman Knight wearing a Gothic Plate! Finally, why the hell are they fighting anyway? This show doesn't make any sense.
    Remember, the computer doesn't take any of that in.

It just takes stats and data from the weapons readout and uses that to make the simulation.

So in other words, since the shield is so powerful no one can penetrate it. It's like the auto resolve button in Total war.

HAH, put a spartan against a pirate and watch the spartan still win.

The funny one was Alexander vs. Attila, that was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post

that last part left me rolling on the floor laughing

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

A spartan would own the puny samurai.
    Last edited by Robertclive; June 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM.

Rediculous. "300" wannabees. In my admittedly inexpert opinion, a samurai would massacre a hoplite 1v1. Hoplite equipment and tactics weren't even intended for use in that kind of combat.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to comment.
    Last edited by Boyar'sNephew; June 17, 2010 at 10:48 PM.

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast