Thread: Plague in my land

Default Plague in my land

I'm sick of this I raise my armies only to have about a hundred per army die each turn. Can you please remove the plague for the next release. It's very difficult to assemble armys far away to travel now, because I have conquered all of House Joffrey, Renly, and Tully as Stannis and it's impossible to raise effective armies to fight the Tyrells. The only thing that got them to back off was when I finally captured Loras Tyrell and had him executed, and they were plague free.

So please removed the sickness.

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Plague in my land

I couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Alone Elf View Post
    I couldn't agree more
    Thank You, and good choice for choosing Greyjoy.
    Last edited by Heart of Madness; June 17, 2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: GREYJOYS

I guess we could remove the plague.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

during my campaigns plagues and natural disasters appear quite often

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    during my campaigns plagues and natural disasters appear quite often
    I know thats why I asked to get rid of them because there is no sickness mentioned at all in the books.

EDIT: Wait are you playing as Tyrells? Because when I fight them their armies don't seem to have problems.
    Last edited by Heart of Madness; June 19, 2010 at 03:51 PM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

i have played as almost everyone, but only finished the martell campaign where i got a disaster every two turns

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    i have played as almost everyone, but only finished the martell campaign where i got a disaster every two turns
    The thing is, I get the disaster every turn, and it affects my armies and the place I most recently conquered.
    Last edited by Heart of Madness; June 18, 2010 at 08:29 PM.

I also get disasters (floods and earthquakes) every two turns, but most of the times I only lose about 100 civilians. I had plague only one time in my campaign.
    It would really be better without disasters.

Good, i will make a proposal in the Dev Forum to remove them.. Or make them less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer.of.War View Post
    I also get disasters (floods and earthquakes) every two turns, but most of the times I only lose about 100 civilians. I had plague only one time in my campaign.
    It would really be better without disasters.
    The plague got into King's Landing in my campaign, and killed 25,000 people!

Yeah. I stopped playing for now until the new version releases......because of the plague.

Playing as the Starks I was overrun by the plague by turn 20! If it could be cut out completely that would be great!

Plague does play a role in the books. The Great Spring Sickness is mentioned, a huge and terrible plague that swept across the Seven Kingdoms about 90 years before A Game of Thrones and killed hundreds of thousands of people. Something like a quarter of the population of King's Landing died (including King Daeron II) and half the city was torched before it was stamped out.

Also (middling ADWD spoiler):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    GRRM has said that plague and disease will play a role in A Dance with Dragons similar to the rise of religion in A Feast for Crows.

But yeah, plague as it is now is probably a bit overpowered in the game. If it can be toned down, that would be great.

Isn't the frequency of natural disasters in general quite high? In my Renly I have a flash flood or earthquake at least every 2 turns (mostly in one of my regions ). Even had 2 in the same turn

rules all

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

Yes we are drastically decreasing the chances of natural disasters in this mod to either almost never occurring or never occurring and just have scripted disasters.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Which file changes the plague? Mod workshop search is inconclusive