Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: {UPDATE}Improved Musket,Cannon,and Explosion sounds V3 Video!

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Default {UPDATE}Improved Musket,Cannon,and Explosion sounds V3 Video!

VERSION 3 IS OUT!

Hi everyone. This is my first mod.I made it to my personal liking by combining some musket sounds from Dignan's Diggypopmusket mod, some cannon sounds from crazypeon's sound pack and some explosion sounds from whoever made mod_soundv2 ( I can't find the creator to credit him at the moment). So with their permission I would like to present to you my mod. I pretty much took the beefy sounds and replaced some of the "weak" ones just to give the game more of an earth shattering feel to battle! If you like it don't forget to +rep me!

If you guys have any suggestions , please let me know.

See a short video at:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_4I0ireHkM
    and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_2pbZu2r9U

V3 Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE0NFgLOj-U

Enjoy!

The first file is the original mod file
    The Second is the multiplayer compatable version
    The third file is the new version
    The fourth file is a multiplayer compatable v3

Installation: Activate in mod manager- or if your using the multiplayer version just add the bassiersoundfxv2.pack file to your data folder and enjoy! Otherwise you have to create a user.script.txt file. Just find any old .txt file, copy it, place it in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts, MAKE SURE TO RENAME THE .txt user.script !delete everything from that old file, add the line mod "bassiersoundfxv2.pack"; exactly like that, make sure you have the bassiersoundfxv2.pack in your NTW/data folder and there you have it!

P.S. Dont Forget to +rep Dignan and crazypeon!
    Last edited by LtRowland; September 12, 2010 at 11:00 AM.

Default Re: Improved Musket,Cannon,and Explosion sounds

good work!but how do i use this mod?

By adding mod bassiersoundfx.pack; in the user.script,it works,the sound of cannon is fantastic,it is from Master and Commander right?i could say i have been waiting for a sound mod like this for a long time,looking forward for your update!
    Last edited by libindi; June 17, 2010 at 06:43 AM.

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Yes you can add it to the user.script or if you use the mod manager you can activate it with that. And yes it is from from master and commander. I still noticed a few explosions I missed especially with the shrapnel shot.

I'm guessing it doesn't work with multiplayer? Because of the user.script.
    Currently I'm using Ultimate Sound Mod v2 but it seems to be no longer supported. I love the musket sounds in that mod, though no cannon sounds sadly, and one of the main reasons I use it is because it's multiplayer compatible.
    Gonna give it a try to see how it sounds anyways though.

EDIT: My God, the sounds in this mod are epic. I really like the musket sounds, they're similar to Ultimate Soundmod but seem to have a bigger thump. Cannon sounds are pretty good too, not so monotone like the vanilla ones.
    Is there any way to get this multiplayer compatible because I really want to be able to use this mod more freely. Please continue to improve it out of beta stage.
    Last edited by vince0018; June 18, 2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Edited after testing mod; giving opinion.

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Thx vince0018 I'm glad you like them. I plan on putting out a multiplayer friendly one as soon as I can and I'm currently working on v2 with new mortar sounds and some other fixes.

I am not able to activate the mod manager
    Last edited by 007Jua007; June 18, 2010 at 12:21 PM.

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by 007Jua007 View Post
    I am not able to activate the mod manager
    You don't have to use mod manager you can just add the file to the ETW data folder and add the line bassiersoundfx.pack; in the user.script.

Ow!! Great sound mod!!!!!!!!!!!!

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Hopefully sometime today I will have some videos posted so everyone can see the mod in action!

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Improved Musket,Cannon,and Explosion sounds V2

Version 2 released! I changed the mortar sounds fixed some bugs with musket sounds and some other stuff.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I can nothing else say than this: BRAVO!
    +rep

Edit: Is it possible get other links? These files from Fileplanets queue are painfully
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; June 19, 2010 at 02:16 PM.

Could I please get detailed instructions for installation? I downloaded the Multiplayer version for NTW. Do I place the file in the Data folder in Napoleon? Where can I find this user.script mentioned above? Sorry, I´m not very familiar with all these folders.

Thanks though, looks like a great mod!

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    I can nothing else say than this: BRAVO!
    +rep

Edit: Is it possible get other links? These files from Fileplanets queue are painfully

Yes I'll try and see if I can find another free site where I can upload files, I know it's a pain.

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aberle View Post
    Could I please get detailed instructions for installation? I downloaded the Multiplayer version for NTW. Do I place the file in the Data folder in Napoleon? Where can I find this user.script mentioned above? Sorry, I´m not very familiar with all these folders.

Thanks though, looks like a great mod!

If your using the multiplayer version just add the bassiersoundfxv2.pack file to your data folder and enjoy! Otherwise you have to create a user.script.txt file. Just find any old .txt file, copy it, place it in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts, MAKE SURE TO RENAME THE .txt user.script !, delete everything from that old file, add the line mod "bassiersoundfxv2.pack"; exactly like that, make sure you have the bassiersoundfxv2.pack in your NTW/data folder and there you have it! I hope this helps.
    Last edited by LtRowland; June 20, 2010 at 12:09 AM.

Could you tell me where you got those death screams in the videos from? And if its not in a mod uploaded in this forum could you upload it or link me please?

"If your using the multiplayer version just add the bassiersoundfxv2.pack file to your data folder and enjoy! Otherwise you have to create a user.script.txt file. Just find any old .txt file, copy it, place it in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts, MAKE SURE TO RENAME THE .txt user.script !, delete everything from that old file, add the line mod "bassiersoundfxv2.pack"; exactly like that, make sure you have the bassiersoundfxv2.pack in your NTW/data folder and there you have it! I hope this helps."

Thank you very much! Worked nicely. The mod is awesome!!

Aberle

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

Yes the screams are from the Atmospheric Battle Sounds mod found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275757

And thank you Aberle I'm glad you like it!

You can attach the files of the mod in your opening post, LtRowland. Just click on "Manage Attachments" when editing it. You can attach files up to 50 MB in size. That's the beauty of this board.

Thanks for the mod, btw. :o)

LtRowland's Avatar Civis

I know I tried, but it keeps telling me invalid file. I'm fairly new to this so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast