View Poll Results: Should I add my units to the Peninsular DLC?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

166 88.30%
  • No!

22 11.70%
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign Legions Mod 7.5 -New British and Austrian Updates

Default Re: Foreign Legions Mod (Hotfix 2.1.1 OUT! Units now TRULY recruitable in Peninsular Campaign and other issues fixed)

@♔EmperorBatman999♔

I made 3 more info pics and icons. You need to rename them as last time.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Foreign Legions Mod (Hotfix 2.1.1 OUT! Units now TRULY recruitable in Peninsular Campaign and other issues fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    @♔EmperorBatman999♔

I made 3 more info pics and icons. You need to rename them as last time.
    Thanks, added special thanks to your team.

I just wanted to say that I love this mod.

I am, however, wondering if I've done something wrong. I have it installed along with the All in One Mod (using the version of this mod that ToonTotalWar has provided in his thread, and much thanks to him for that by the way!), and most of the units show up in the campaign and work fantastically.

Oddly, though, some of them do not. Specifically, the Westphalian Grenadier Guards and the Saxon Garde du Corps are, as far as I can tell, not available to me in the European Campaign. They are, however, available for use in custom battles (and they work just fine there). Is this how it's supposed to be, or am I looking at something that may be messed up on my end? (It's entirely possible I screwed something up on my end, but I was wondering if this was my fault or not. It may also be something specifically related to the AIO mod, though I don't know how to confirm or dismiss that.)

Regardless, this mod is a great addition to the game and I thank you for it. (Also, Bavarian Fusiliers have awesome hats.)

PS - If it turns out that the Grenadier Guards/Garde du Corps aren't available in the campaign as a result of your decision, and not my own ineptitude, is there any chance that someone could explain to me how to enable them in the campaign?

Well, they should be in the campaign. I'll look into the issue. It may've also been possible Toon could've changed something.

I've checked and they are indeed in the GC, but in a very high military building level along with Guards of Honor and Velites.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; August 17, 2010 at 04:33 PM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Well, they should be in the campaign. I'll look into the issue. It may've also been possible Toon could've changed something.

I've checked and they are indeed in the GC, but in a very high military building level along with Guards of Honor and Velites.
    So is my mod ok then?? as i never tested it before release? thanks

Argh, I forgot to mention that I'm also using LME in addition to AIO. (That was a foolish mistake on my part, and please excuse me because I was on my way out the door as I posted. ) I'm also using the AIO-compatible AUM that Toon provided in his thread (which, again, I forgot to mention like a fool).

LME will only work properly (with sound and all) if the main LME .pack file is the last thing listed (in my case with the mod manager). I'm not sure what that means for modders, but maybe it will help those of you who know what you're talking about to figure out why this might be happening? Or maybe my load order is wrong?

For reference, here is my user.script.txt:

mod "mod_BSM_Napoleon.pack";
    mod "Toons_Battle_AI.pack";
    mod "Foreign_Legions_mod.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.3.pack";

It's actually only the Westphalian Grenadier Guards, and the Saxon Garde du Corps that don't show up at all in the GC. The AUM units, the LME units, and everything else aside from those two from your mod work wonderfully. I'm wondering if there's some sort of conflict between LME and this mod. Either that, or I must have messed something up and should start eliminating things until I find the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonk View Post
    Argh, I forgot to mention that I'm also using LME in addition to AIO. (That was a foolish mistake on my part, and please excuse me because I was on my way out the door as I posted. ) I'm also using the AIO-compatible AUM that Toon provided in his thread (which, again, I forgot to mention like a fool).

LME will only work properly (with sound and all) if the main LME .pack file is the last thing listed (in my case with the mod manager). I'm not sure what that means for modders, but maybe it will help those of you who know what you're talking about to figure out why this might be happening? Or maybe my load order is wrong?

For reference, here is my user.script.txt:

mod "mod_BSM_Napoleon.pack";
    mod "Toons_Battle_AI.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.3.pack";

It's actually only the Westphalian Grenadier Guards, and the Saxon Garde du Corps that don't show up at all in the GC. The AUM units, the LME units, and everything else aside from those two from your mod work wonderfully. I'm wondering if there's some sort of conflict between LME and this mod. Either that, or I must have messed something up and should start eliminating things until I find the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I'm assuming LME means Le Montee Empire, right?
    Do you know if they did anything at all with Grenadier Guards and Garde du Corps for any faction?

I'm assuming LME means Le Montee Empire, right?
    Do you know if they did anything at all with Grenadier Guards and Garde du Corps for any faction?
    Yes, LME is La Montee Empire. I don't think they changed anything with them, no.

I just checked the building list in the campaign, without any other mod loaded than the Foreign Legions mod .pack file Toon provided in his AIO mod thread. They were not showing up for the last two barracks buildings (Military Academy and Staff College?). They were, however, still showing up in the custom battle screen.

I'm going to do the same now with the mod file from your OP in this thread, because I'm curious.

EDIT: Strange. I removed all mods to check that everything was working, and had no issues. I then redownloaded and reinstalled FL2.11 from the link in the OP, and still no Grenadier Guards/Garde du Corps in the GC for France, regardless of the fact that they show up in custom battles just fine. I don't know what could be wrong here.

I have all the DLC (except for the pre-order units), including the Peninsular Campaign and the 10th Hussars bonus unit from signing up at the Totalwar.com forums.

I'm really stumped now.
    Last edited by Gonk; August 17, 2010 at 06:12 PM.

I wouldn't know then, sorry.

I wouldn't know then, sorry.
    There's gotta be something weird going on on my end. I don't really know what.

Thanks for the help, though! Much appreciated.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

It seems this mod and I have a direct conflict with each other. Anyway, I downloaded the new version today and I put it in my data folder and then moved to place it in my user.script and I entered game and I do not have any of the new units recruit able or in play battle mode.

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

yes!

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CK23 View Post
    It seems this mod and I have a direct conflict with each other. Anyway, I downloaded the new version today and I put it in my data folder and then moved to place it in my user.script and I entered game and I do not have any of the new units recruit able or in play battle mode.
    That's odd, it works for me.

Hi all,

I cannot see also any new units , I'v started campaign as Prusia (Have pretty all technology discovered + bulidings) + conquested the Bavaria , Kurlandia..

My user script look :
    mod "NoLimits.pack";
    mod "NTF.pack";
    Do you have any ideas what's can be wrong?

Cheers,

The units are only available to France. The Prussian Enstrangers were made up of Prussian POW's after Auerstadt and Jena.

Hey, the units look great, but I can't get them to come up in my game.

What'd I do wrong? (I'm a relative newby when it comes to this stuff)

Here's my data folder

Try to keep fighting France?
    To enjoy the units, try playing France.

Got this loaded and working - very nice mod - thanks.

With regards to the Westphalian Grenadier Guards, and the Saxon Garde du Corps....

Am I right in saying that the unit description for these is actually just "Genadier Guards" and "Garde du Corps" ? I see no "Westphalian" or "Saxon" prefix to any of the new units, whereas all the others seem to be ok i.e. "Irish", "Bavarian" etc. Makes it a little confusing. Is this an oversight or have I done something wrong. I have tried it with no other mods loaded and still the same.

Oh... and please please do a Neuchatel battalion. I just love those yellow uniforms.

Thanks......

They are vanilla units other factions use, so I took them and made France able to recruit them while giving them proper uniforms. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

As for the Neufchatel battalion, yes I like them too. I will get working on them. I got school so I keep forgetting. But the Neufchatel are definately on my list.

Try to keep fighting France?
    To enjoy the units, try playing France.
    I did do the French European Campaign, I read where you told someone that on another post. I've got the mod thing with a check mark beside it. When I start it up, I looked at Napoleon's army to see what I could recruit with him, all plain vanilla French units. I look at the research panel, to see if I need to build any particular building, all it showed was vanilla French units.

They're supposed to be recruitable right from the get go right?

I did notice one change... all the sudden some of the country names are different. Like, Kingdom of Denmark-Norway... I don't remember that being there last time?
    Last edited by austin.weathers; September 17, 2010 at 11:19 PM.