Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Released - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle - yes it is mod-foldered

Default Re: Released!!! - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

Does alex run without Aristeia?

Sounds like corruption somewhere along the lines. Aristeia was built on Windows 7 mostly so that isn't an issue.

You'll probably have to reinstall all TW.

Libertus

what is this ? is it about troy? i see trojan troops and it will only work with alexander?

That's right, please read all the info topics.

Laetus

i wanna play this mod, but steam requires a launch code to launch modes, does anyone know which is?
    ex: for playing greek wars y write -mod:TGW -show_err -nm

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

-mod:aristea
    will do the job
    you could add -show_err and -nm if you like, but they are not necessary.
    edit: I still have to say how awesome I think this mod is! Really, it's one of my favourites.

i recently reinstalled and played troy total war for the first time in years lastnight. however after playing Aristeia it just no longers cuts the cake.

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Well of course it doesn't. And I have to say that I never really liked Troy Total War. Aristeia was our shot at making what we had wanted to make all along.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I am a new comer to this mod, looks brilliant, I will REP all concerned when I find out who you are Downloading now, will have to wait till later to play though,ironically I have an essay to write about the importance of 'arete, ἀρετή ' in Homeric society .P.s excuse the lack of accent on arete

Signature made by Joar

king salhaden's Avatar Foederatus

vrey good mod downloading now!!!!!!!!!!

Nice mod, although too dark and puts quite a load on hardware.

A mod is never "too" anything; a mod is made by the modders, and they specifically chose this atmosphere because they think it fits the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    A mod is never "too" anything; a mod is made by the modders, and they specifically chose this atmosphere because they think it fits the setting.
    We get philosophical, huh?

Would it sound better if I would have written "in my opinion", as I am pretty sure that modders are interested in other people's opinion. At least it seems to be that positive opinions and praise are welcome. And I'm sure that most modders are confident enough to be able to receive also feedback that is not purely positive.

Seriosly: I understand that the modders have aimed at a specific atmosphere, but I don't think the result is really good in that sense. It is simply way too dark. It is quite difficult to see where the units are and where they are going. There have been others here too who have complained about this and if I remember correctly, the response has been pretty much like "it is not dark". That lead me to think that perhaps there is some technical issue that makes the mod much darker with certain types of displays, graphics cards or drivers. Some see enough, some don't. This is just a wild guess though.

Edit: here earlier discussion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382585 And a further comment: this mod is really much mucn darker than any other RTW mod I've played. Something is wrong if you need to change otherwise good settings of a monitor...
    Last edited by chrisb; January 27, 2011 at 09:59 AM.

We get philosophical, huh?

Would it sound better if I would have written "in my opinion", as I am pretty sure that modders are interested in other people's opinion. At least it seems to be that positive opinions and praise are welcome. And I'm sure that most modders are confident enough to be able to receive also feedback that is not purely positive.
    No hard feelings I was just speaking my thoughts, as I have nothing to do with the mod or its developers.

Seriosly: I understand that the modders have aimed at a specific atmosphere, but I don't think the result is really good in that sense. It is simply way too dark. It is quite difficult to see where the units are and where they are going. There have been others here too who have complained about this and if I remember correctly, the response has been pretty much like "it is not dark". That lead me to think that perhaps there is some technical issue that makes the mod much darker with certain types of displays, graphics cards or drivers. Some see enough, some don't. This is just a wild guess though.
    The main problem is to see which units you have selected, yes? This is something that bothered me as well, but it is not specific to the mod. Some mods just have the preferences.txt file set that way by default because, *again*, the team liked that.
    Just go into preferences.txt in the aristeia folder and search for "arrow_markers". Change the "false" to "true" and you can see your selections again
    And a further comment: this mod is really much mucn darker than any other RTW mod I've played. Something is wrong if you need to change otherwise good settings of a monitor...
    That's indeed true, but as I said (and I really can't make anything else of it. It's simply the truth ) it's the modders' preference. You can tweak the lighting settings back to your own liking, of course. You just need to look up a tutorial in the workshop.

Next to that; if your monitor has got it setting set to pretty dark, then I can imagine you have problems seeing stuff in this mod. I can't help you with that any more than the guy who sold you the monitor can

No hard feelings I was just speaking my thoughts, as I have nothing to do with the mod or its developers.
    Good to hear, and no hard feelings here either .

The main problem is to see which units you have selected, yes? This is something that bothered me as well, but it is not specific to the mod.
    No, actually it is difficult for me to see *which units to select*, or what units of enemy are approaching. They are all so dark in a dark environment, particularly if there is some distance to them.
    Well, good to hear that it can be changed somehow, will take a look when I have more time.

Next to that; if your monitor has got it setting set to pretty dark, then I can imagine you have problems seeing stuff in this mod. I can't help you with that any more than the guy who sold you the monitor can
    Nope, monitor is not dark, all other mods are completely ok. There is very clear difference compared with this one.

The darkness thing was much more of an issue with the original Aristeia, the newer version should be significantly brighter than that with skies like these. The epic cycle lighting seems much more positively received, (and touching on your earlier point I changed it because of the original Aristeia lighting comments). We were still going for a dark atmosphere though.

It does seem much darker on my laptop than my desktop and it is to be expected that some people get a different looking result. You can try this free program which I find handy to alter the looks of some games to my own preference.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; January 28, 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post
    We were still going for a dark atmosphere though.
    It does seem much darker on my laptop than my desktop and it is to be expected that some people get a different looking result. You can try this free program which I find handy to alter the looks of some games to my own preference.
    OK, thanks for the clarification! I still think it is too dark, at least on my desktop, but - hey - it's just my opinion and I respect your artistic freedom! Thanks for the tip regarding the freeware too!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Just downloading the Aristeia 2.0 TEC version.
    I'm not sure which version i played a year ago or so (i believe quite right after its release, when was that actually?) and i have a new pc, so Aristeia will find its place again installed this week
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Glad to hear it! For a real challenge, I would recommend any faction whatsoever, but especially the House of Thyestes. Oh, and if you want an intense campaign focuses solely on strategy and tactics, try the Cypria and Iliad provincial campaigns.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Is there a recommended difficulty setting?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Normal is what it was balanced on.