Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Released - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle - yes it is mod-foldered

Default Re: Released!!! - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    I play on hard campaign and and medium battles usually.
    Same.

In most mods I'm all in favour of hard/hard, but I hate the idea of the AI performance bonuses getting all my heroes killed by inferior adversaries.

Speaking of which - has anyone played with enough of the factions - in custom battle or campaign - to give a rough outline of how the heroes line up in terms of battlefield prowess?

To provide a sense of balance, Hector always seems to be portrayed as second only to Achilles, even though the Iliad makes him seem inferior to Diomedes and Ajax, and not necessarily any better than the next tier of Greeks like Agamemnon, Idomeneus, Meriones - sucks that Meriones' not in the mod btw, even if he's not a king.
    Judging by The Spaniard's campaign story, I'm assuming that's the same here, but how do the other heroes stack up?
    Is Memnon a suitably all-conquering figure, or late-game cannon fodder? And Penthesileia?
    Can the likes of Deiphobus,Troilus and Paris offer much resistance to a Greek hero of note?
    Can Menestheus kill anybody at all?
    Is Aeneas the slightly mediocre man of the Iliad or the (arms and the) man of the Aeneid?

Played a little, when time allowed, with the original campaign, but mainly just as Diomedes' Argos, or sometimes Salamis or Ithaca - and since their camps were located near each other, you face pretty much the same heroes to start with, and I never had time to finish a campaign and take on the farther away heroes. So people's impressions would be appreciated.

The Spaniard's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Speaking of which - has anyone played with enough of the factions - in custom battle or campaign - to give a rough outline of how the heroes line up in terms of battlefield prowess?
    I was looking through the stats of the heroes and they pretty much line up with how they are lined up in the text. In the Iliad campaign (since this is where all the heroes are) Achilles is the best, followed by Hector. Diomedes is slightly above Ajax, but both aren't as good as Hector. With Aeneas, he's better than the non-unique heroes but he is just a little inch below Sarpedon. Both Aeneas and Sarpedon are below Ajax and Diomedes. The Atreide are both slightly mediocre, I didn't check them extensively. Penthesilia has a silver chevron which makes her quite the contender if you bring her over. Memnon has full bronze upgrades and three chevrons, which allows him to be a threat only if Achilles is dead or a majority of your heroes are dead, since I retained most of my heroes in my campaign he wasn't that much a of a challenge. The combined Ethiopian and Amazon troops do act as a good reinforcement and aren't necessarily canon fodder.

If you want to check this out yourself just right click on one of the heroes in the campaign map and look at the body guard.

When you talk about taking Troy early on do you mean in the new campaigns? I tried to make it much harder to take troy by giving the hero trait (ie. all heroes) large siege defence bonuses, and slight decreases to siege attack ability. Obviously if you go striaght for Troy with so many men it will fall fairly easily no matter what we try to code in, but the aim was to make it so costly that finishing the campaign would be very difficult due to lack of men and lack of funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post
    When you talk about taking Troy early on do you mean in the new campaigns? I tried to make it much harder to take troy by giving the hero trait (ie. all heroes) large siege defence bonuses, and slight decreases to siege attack ability. Obviously if you go striaght for Troy with so many men it will fall fairly easily no matter what we try to code in, but the aim was to make it so costly that finishing the campaign would be very difficult due to lack of men and lack of funds.
    Yeah it was one of the new campaigns. It was just a case of sending every unit to attack Troy and it was over in a few turns. I did take heavy losses but I had captured the most important city in the mod. Although, for some reason when I lay siege to Troy no other units tried to attack me. There were Hereos like Hector and Glaukos outside of Troy but they never attacked....They just let me take it....

Stupid AI

Speaking of the AI, what difficulty is Aristeia meant to be played on, for the sake of balance, M/M right? I've seen the AI controlled Paris kill Ajax, even though Paris had no upgrades (this was on H/H).

Probably best to play the battles on normal, the campaign on hard or very hard.

When playing as the Trojans in the main campaign and the Iliad campaign, one cannot possibly underestimate the value of Penthesilia and her army of amazons. That army is a devastating combo of archers and cavalry.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Finaly its out...for sure i will try this mod
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Quote Originally Posted by Lü Bu View Post
    Finaly its out...for sure i will try this mod
    It's been out for nearly six months now...

did any 1 have the bug ,that when you start a battle and you zoom into youre units an error popups and quits the game???

like i can play the battle but if i zoom in to watch the battle from close it gives that error...

You're computer may not be able to handle the units.

well i got zero lagg so my computer can handle them.... i guess

They are only sprites from a distance, the models only appear when you zoom in.

so you think my computer cant handle them?

well is there anyway u can test that out with me?,coz i realy wanna lay ur mod.

Im realy intersted in that area of events.

specially the Aristeia campaign.

so any help of u true msn or teamvieuwer would be very appreciated.

if any other person would help me that would be very appreciated..

greeting bennie

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by benniego View Post
    so you think my computer cant handle them?

well is there anyway u can test that out with me?
    Not sure how you want us to test it?

Quote Originally Posted by benniego View Post
    coz i realy wanna lay ur mod.
    LOL!

The most surprising incident in my campaign as troy was when assaulting the camp of achilles with hector. They fought head on for like 5 minutes and HECTOR WON, my jaw just dropped. He even managed to kill diomedes , ajax , phoinix and nestor. This campaign is just awsome!
    Rep me and ill rep you back. Make sure you leave your name.

g/data/thumbnails/17/usaflag.jpg[/IMG]

o0 i played normal alexander and when i bought the game i was able to zoom in the game,but if i zoom now onto normal alexander it also closes....

so i guess my alexander CD is broken...

well im off to buy a new 1 then..

Icon4 Re: Released!!! - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

Hey guys i have a small problem with the mod...

I install everything properly but the game doesnt run... is BBI needed in addition to Alexander or no?

Also im running it on windows 7. Let me know if u guys could help me!

I get an Error Message stating this:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome-Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

PLEASE HELP
    Last edited by Mark-C; September 09, 2010 at 07:28 PM.