Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Released - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle - yes it is mod-foldered

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Released!!! - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

maybe "tomorrow" you can tell me how it was... for a month or two I plan to play this game "tomorrow"!

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Fantastic graphics and Legendry interpretation. The mod is really excellent.

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Agh! My whole windows partition has disappeared! I had to reinstall windows and have lost my campaigns!

Downloading again, but I have just realised my friend has taken my BI disc. I will set forth with Palamedes and Odysseus to talk him into giving it back

I'm sorry for not being online in a very long time. I've had a ridiculous amount of exams.

Anyway, I was wondering something earlier.

Would it be possible to incorporate a diplomacy contract which could decide the outcome of a battle.
    For example, similar to that of the Troy Movie, being able to challenge the enemy's best warrior and the winner shall be granted their troops?

It would allow some very, very cool scenarios.

For example Achilles versus Hector, or Achilles versus Memnon. This way you can have a fair, cinematic battle between two legendary warriors without them being peppered with arrows or surrounded whilst fighting an enemy hero.

Of course, still allowing hero versus hero combat within battle. Allowing it to be a Diplomacy script would mean they would be able to decline (If so giving them a Cowardice trait?) or accept.

It's just an idea, I have no idea if it's possible but it's worth a try.

~Kieran

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Quote Originally Posted by DDomega
    Would it be possible to incorporate a diplomacy contract which could decide the outcome of a battle.
    For example, similar to that of the Troy Movie, being able to challenge the enemy's best warrior and the winner shall be granted their troops?
    No.

Oh well, worth a try.

hannibalcaesar's Avatar Mostly Retired Modder

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    No.
    Actually, with a fair amount of scripting, it would be possible and decline-able (too complicated to explain now).

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

So, how is this different from the old Aristea? I'm still too lazy to download it.

hannibalcaesar's Avatar Mostly Retired Modder

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    So, how is this different from the old Aristea? I'm still too lazy to download it.
    new campaigns, new faction, memnon of Ethiopia, Ethiopian troops for troy, and other fixes, i'd assume.

Don't know why I bothered doing feature lists.

Pumped for this! Downloading now...

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post
    Don't know why I bothered doing feature lists.
    Neither do I.

The Spaniard's Avatar Civis

So anyone have any good stories about the new campaigns?

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

this is such and awesome mod, I am surprised these forums aren't more active.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

That's the fault of the people who download the mod. You all need to talk about it more!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    That's the fault of the people who download the mod. You all need to talk about it more!
    Well the only new campaign I've played has been an Achaean Iliad campaign. I've recently been engrossed with a Western Roman Empire campaign in BI, but I'm going to try a Achaean Cypria campaign.

So in my last successful Iliad campaign I started out by sending Patroclus by himself on a suicide mission against Sarpedon, fortunately he failed. My overall plan for the beginning of the campaign was to hold out long enough for Achilles to rejoin the war. This included covering all the bridges and fords along the perimeter of the camps. The Atreides covered the northern half while Diomedes and Ajax covered the southern half. The plan worked up until Hector showed up. Now this part I really liked, essentially all the Achaean heroes are no match for Hector, except Achilles. It makes you cautious whenever you see him leading a Trojan army. So Hector forces the retreat of Diomedes and Ajax too far south, cutting them off from the rest of the camp, making my defensive plan compromised. The Trojans also pushed the Atreides and Odysseus from the north, allowing them to lay siege to my camps. Fortunately on the southern front Hector had decided to siege the camp right next to Achilles, and on the next turn Achilles killed Hector and routed his force.

Just like in the Iliad, once Hector dies its game over for the Trojans essentially. Memnon arrived while Troy was being besieged and was defeated by Diomedes and Achilles. After Troy was properly exterminated, the campaign turned into a clean up job and the only hiccup I suffered was when Penthesilia showed up with two silver chevrons. Fortunately I captured the last settlement before she could kill anyone.

what dificulty was that on?
    when ever i do that campain all of the good heroes on the coast get slautered within like 12 turns. maybe i rely on them to much to turn a battle but some how after getting surounded and killing of 2/3s of the opposing army they die before i can get any more of my army to support them.

had to uninstall recently though i sort of over filled my computer with like 7 differnt rtw mods including Aristeia. still when i get alexander reinstalled it should be straight back on again i love the mod.

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

It was M/M, anything higher than that and heroes with two silver chevrons can be killed by one with one bronze.

I found that a Harder Difficulty is essential to make it go along like the Trojan war.
    I was playing it on Medium, and assaulted Troy immediately. It only took around 5 turns but I had captured Troy and as the Spaniard said everything else just seemed like a clean up job. It sort of takes away the whole epic long war if you put it on an easier difficulty, because taking the crown jewel of the Agean is great but afterwards you just feel as though there's no point in worrying with lesser settlements.
    That said I played it on the Hardest Difficulty and it was Great!! It really did feel like the Trojan War.
    I was constantly pushed back from Troy and eventually had to commission more forces from Greece to finally succeed.

I play on hard campaign and and medium battles usually.