Thread: I cant take it

Default I cant take it

I cant take it anymore I need this mod!!!!!!!!!!
    Lets talk about why we need this mod!!

Default Re: I cant take it

Play the RTW version, it's pretty good as well

Opifex

I'm sorry

As for the RTW version, I am hoping to be an improvement on it...

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Oh no you do not owe me an apology.

I'm only kidding this mod is going to be amazing.

But as for the Rome version I honestly have never tried it Ill install and give it a try.

Thanks.

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

Why we need this mod:
    It's the first of it's kind in m2tw. I'm rather astonished that like 6 years after release, there haven't been one(!) serious attempt at bringing back the game to roman times. the scope of the mod is great, the TW games are really more suited for "smaller" maps, as a grand campaign with a whole continent need to make enormous cutbacks on detail. I'm really psyched about this mod, and I've been a regular visitor on this forum for at least a year. I can easily wait a couple of months more, but I would not mind a screenshot or two

Excelent work Signifier, and good luck!

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
    (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

I to have been checking this forum for a year.

Why does everybody want this mod to come out so badly??

Just curious, for me its attention to detail mostly.And it probably wont play like Vanilla medieval.
    I played lots of mods for Rome and Medieval 2 and they usually felt like vanilla and I end up getting board quickly.This mod seams like its going to be one of the few that isn't going to disappoint.
    Last edited by SirWarts; June 19, 2010 at 01:42 AM.

Gertrudius's Avatar Hans Olo

Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    I to have been checking this forum for a year.

Why does everybody want this mod to come out so badly??

Just curious, for me its attention to detail mostly.And it probably wont play like Vanilla medieval.
    I played lots of mods for Rome and Medieval 2 and they usually felt like vanilla and I end up getting board quickly.This mod seams like its going to be one of the few that isn't going to disappoint.
    Personally, its a combination of the detail, a well done classical mod on the Medieval II engine, and the specific setting of the mod. I've been wanting a mod that deals with the Italian Peninsula with this scope for years. That and all of the thousand other little details that are going to make this the best mod in existance. *cue resonant evil laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Smeel View Post
    Why we need this mod:
    It's the first of it's kind in m2tw. I'm rather astonished that like 6 years after release, there haven't been one(!) serious attempt at bringing back the game to roman times. the scope of the mod is great, the TW games are really more suited for "smaller" maps, as a grand campaign with a whole continent need to make enormous cutbacks on detail. I'm really psyched about this mod, and I've been a regular visitor on this forum for at least a year. I can easily wait a couple of months more, but I would not mind a screenshot or two

Excelent work Signifier, and good luck!

*sign*

I'm totally looking forward to this mod. I really like the idea of using the whole map for just ONE country, far more interesting then a whole continent again.

Besides that, I've "met" the "feels like vanilla" thing too. I tried some mods for rome, (I'm ashamed to admit: not the predecessor to this one ), but EuropaBarbarorum was the only one, who got it (mostly) right to me. But for MW2, there still isn't any mod I like. Most of them still feel like Vanilla and, to be honest, I don't really like medieval timeframe. I don't like, how the spear militia and the normal spear units are so similar for nearly all factions. The recruitement pool (at least in EB) felt much more different than in every mod I've played so far. Rome was totally different in playing style from Carthage, or the Gauls, or Sweboz, or Makedonia ... I really liked that. And then there is the "siege machinery" problem. I just HATE it, when Catapults and Trebuchéts turn up for normal fiel battle. I think it's just totally unrealistic and ruins the fun for me.
    If I'm right, in this mod only the Greeks are able to build such things, right, right? Please, say I'm right

There is only one concern I have: difficulty. I'm just a casual gamer, I really like playing games, but if I want a challange, I play something against real people. I never understood the "z0mg, I just have beaten HalfLife 2 on max difficulty only with the gravity gun" attitude
    I hope, that this mod will not (at least on easy or medium) be one of these "Let's try to make the hardest mod possible" mods.

Besides that...I'm really looking forward to it

Captain Slow I to liked EB the most for Rome. Have you played DLV for Med2? I personally like it. It makes running a huge economy more realistic in my opinion. So far thats the only mod I like for medieval engine.IB has really cool looking units but plays much like medieval2 vanilla.

As for mods being way to hard. For me it depends on HOW there to hard. A way I dont like to see is basically letting the AI cheat, like giving them bonuses on the campaign map or battle map.

If it gets hard cause the AI is smarter and more logical that just makes it more exciting for me.

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
    If I'm right, in this mod only the Greeks are able to build such things, right, right?
    You bet!

There is only one concern I have: difficulty. I'm just a casual gamer, I really like playing games, but if I want a challange, I play something against real people. I never understood the "z0mg, I just have beaten HalfLife 2 on max difficulty only with the gravity gun" attitude
    I hope, that this mod will not (at least on easy or medium) be one of these "Let's try to make the hardest mod possible" mods.
    We don't normally hear of people desiring an easier difficulty Did you get burned as Gondor in the TATW mod? I don't think you'll complain on the medium settings of PItalica.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    Captain Slow I to liked EB the most for Rome. Have you played DLV for Med2? I personally like it. It makes running a huge economy more realistic in my opinion. So far thats the only mod I like for medieval engine.IB has really cool looking units but plays much like medieval2 vanilla.

As for mods being way to hard. For me it depends on HOW there to hard. A way I dont like to see is basically letting the AI cheat, like giving them bonuses on the campaign map or battle map.

If it gets hard cause the AI is smarter and more logical that just makes it more exciting for me.

No, I've never tried out this mod (I think it's "Deus Lo Vult", right?), but if I find the time, I'll try it.

Yes, I think the same way as you do: intelligent AI is ok, but cheating...it's just unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    You bet!
    Excellent! Like I said, I truely dislike the idea of ancient armies marching dundred of kiloemeters whilst towing some catapults around...I never again found a mod, which managed it like EB, whre only a few factians were able to build stuff like that, and then, it was hidiously expensive. If I found a mod, that would be worth it, I'd modify the edu files and simply make catapults not available

But still: Good to hear

We don't normally hear of people desiring an easier difficulty Did you get burned as Gondor in the TATW mod? I don't think you'll complain on the medium settings of PItalica.
    No, never played that mod and I hope, that your're right, I'll let you know if you were, when the mod is released

Last but not least, I still have a question: I've never seen roads on the screenshots...are there roads in the game?
    Last edited by Captain Slow; June 21, 2010 at 08:07 PM.

Opifex

Roads will only be present at special locations, to indicate the importance of Roman roads when they finally start appearing in the game.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Huene's Avatar Aimless Wanderer

is that paved roads or dirt. dirt roads i can see being everywhere. merchant caravans going from one city to another would wear tracks into the ground. paved roads would have been hideously expensive and time consuming to build.

Opifex

There obviously would've been some dirt roads, but we won't have them, so as to clear the landscape. Then when the paved roads come, they will form a stark contrast, going from a specific city to specific city, and not in a web of networks coming out of a city in all directions. We're all about stark contrasts and impressions, and I believe this will serve the task.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

That's a really interesting approach, I'm excited to see it.

...DAMN YOU! Know I'm all hiped up about this mod again!
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

There obviously would've been some dirt roads, but we won't have them, so as to clear the landscape. Then when the paved roads come, they will form a stark contrast, going from a specific city to specific city, and not in a web of networks coming out of a city in all directions. We're all about stark contrasts and impressions, and I believe this will serve the task.
    how will that affect the games perception of trade? or have you already worked around that

Opifex

The game's trade is unchanged.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

right but when you build a road doesnt it increase the trade between settlements?

Opifex

Roads won't be built, they'll be preplaced according to certain specifications. Via Appia will also become buildable only through script, you won't just randomly stumble upon it in your building browser.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams