Thread: Training Characters

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

Default Training Characters

One feature I would like to see in STW2 is essentially a continuation and enhancement of the technology tree introduced in ETW/NTW, except for characters. I would like for my Daimyo and his heirs to study at universities to improve their governing skills, study at budhist temples/churches to increase moral virtue or righteousness, study the art of war and combat with a warmaster, study self defence with a Karate Master to improve personal security and improve the chances of surviving an encounter with a Ninja and so on and so forth. I think this would add a great touch to the campaign and make a massive difference in character development.

Conversely you could let you Daimyo spend too much time with his gilded Geisha's becoming a fop but master of court politics or send him constantly into battle without any refinement at all and become a blood thirty maniac both hated and feared.

What do you all think?

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Training Characters

It would essentially be an expansion of the original game's Drill Dojo, but with separate institutions to hone different traits. I think such a thing would be an interesting addition, and add more characterisation elements to the hero units.

I was thinking more along the lines of this;

In NTW/ETW constructing certain buildings allows different technologies to be researched by your gentleman ie. Barracks - Conscription - 5 turns. What i envisage for STW2 is that constructing certain buildings would allow different Disciplines to be studied by your Daimyo or his heirs ie. Masters Dojo - Aikido (your Daimyo has learnt the art of unarmed self defence from the martial arts masters themselves +20% to personal security) - 5 turns. Conversely you could train your Ninja's to improve their chances of assasinating enemy characters.

BTW Lobato +rep great minds think alike!

I think that there should be Dojos throught the country where someone can be trained in martial arts....He could also gain experience from Sohei monks or Ninja of the Iga province..

But I wouldn't necesarily limit it do martial arts dojo's, there are alll sorts of buildings that could imbibe different skills on your characters Temples, Geisha houses, Universities etc. etc. etc.

Question: Was state government administered by the Samurai class or did Japan have court Eunechs like China whose role was specifically to manage state affairs whilst the Daimyo busied himself with more pressing matters like Warfare and indulging in the learned skills of his Geisha's?

What about ninjutsu??? I mean, they could be training for people to become a noble samurai, to lead the forces in battle (He could start the game with another name and then change it to the clan's name), or he could be trained to become a shinobi! He could also learn martial arts from the sohei... Or karate from the Ryukyu kingdom in 1590 when it was conquered by the Shimazu clan... I also read that Shaolin monks in China defended the state from Wokou pirates...SO, a available game option is to recruit some pirates for the Daimyo (a bit fictional but it can do the work). So some martial arts, stemmed by the Shaolin could also be included

@Lobato

Would be cool to be able to cutomize the ACTUAL weapons that your Daimyo carries to battle, never even thought of it! The screenies posted in this forum by Pointwolf seem to indicate that some characters maybe customizable to that point, perhaps these are the hero units?

Maybe they can add high and mid ranking officers that are promotable with exp and education.........

so your 20 stack army commander tree like

1. Daimyo or family member if no ...
    2. high rank officer "army comander" (hard to obtain) one per stack and can be trained further also
    3. mid rank officers "commander of group" unit tapes like infantry , cavalry..2 or 3 max per stack" they can be promotable they are candidate of "army commander" rank but need high education
    4. low rank officers "unit commander" (one for each unit)....they can be promotable they are canditate of "group commander" rank

idea about "auto command ai"
    so instead of giving your army's command direct to ai you can order your mid ranking officers like attack,defend, fallow, guard me ... if they would dead youre unit out of command..for short time

for ex as a daimyo or army general you can order your missile group commander" to skirmish and "infantry commander" to attack and "cavalry commander" to fallow you

for manual instead of clicking each unit you could click to group commander to select grp and order him some "war maneuvers" and "strategic tactics" if he capable he listen your orders if not just basic orders ...

so you freely control your main general or daimyo maybe they add direct control who knows
    think while you swing your katana or yari (customizable Armour and weapons) while your hatamato guards you
    Last edited by TheBlindKing; June 15, 2010 at 04:46 AM.
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by ClothedBarbarian View Post
    @Lobato

Would be cool to be able to cutomize the ACTUAL weapons that your Daimyo carries to battle, never even thought of it! The screenies posted in this forum by Pointwolf seem to indicate that some characters maybe customizable to that point, perhaps these are the hero units?
    Well, little things are customizable to the samurai weaponries, like the hilt of a katana or the type of a yari...I guess there should be an option where you can choose the weapon of the samurai : daisho, no-dachi, kanabo, yari, yumi etc.... He could also be trained in many arts and thus carry the weapon baised on his training