Thread: Man Of Honor

Default Man Of Honor

Two days ago, when I was fighting with the Germans, my General died in the battle, although I have won the battle at last. After I returned to the campaign map, the system informed me there is a Man Of Honor from that Legion, and ask me whether I would like to adopt him. I agreed, and the Legion has a new commander.

My question is, how did this happen? Is this happen randomly? Or you can do something with it?

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Man Of Honor

Man of hour is what you mean I suppose? Well anyways, I believe your general was a recruited general, not a family member. Therefore he can be adopted into the family if he is successful in his military career (heroic victory is needed, I think), which can lead to situations like this. If an army fights without a general and gains a heroic victory, you get the chance to recruit the captain as a man of hour, too.

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Kohvi View Post
    Man of hour is what you mean I suppose? Well anyways, I believe your general was a recruited general, not a family member. Therefore he can be adopted into the family if he is successful in his military career (heroic victory is needed, I think), which can lead to situations like this. If an army fights without a general and gains a heroic victory, you get the chance to recruit the captain as a man of hour, too.
    Yep true.

a Recruted egenral isnt part of the royal familiy but, if he does well in some wars he becomes the man of the houre and then he's a familiy member. happend even to my gouvenor xD
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

It happens when a captain gets one heroic victory.

Haha, its Man Of Hour, I though Honor is kinda strange to me, hehe

So whats the exact condition for a heroic victory? Say, you loss 200 against the enemy's 1,000? Something like this?

Taelok's Avatar Senator

You have to have a ratio of something like 80% enemy destroyed with no more than 20% of yours. Those figures aren't quite right however, but you get the point.

Also, in the case of Man of the Hour event, you can sometimes have them happen without a heroic victory, but just a 'clear victory'. Rare though. Additionally, you'll get Man of the Hour far more often if you have fewer family members - it's one of the mechanisms in place to ensure your family line isn't slowly extinguished.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotenus View Post
    It happens when a captain gets one heroic victory.
    ye a recruted general united has the influnce stats and boost morals like a real familiy general , but it isnt a familiy membe r = captian like, so it can still be part of the familiy be being the man of the houre, i got SS to proof , if i can find it..
    - Esoteric -

:

It happens a lot more when you don't have "enough" family members. The RTW engine always controls the balance between the amount of family members and the amount of provinces..
    Vale,

haha, thanks guys. Its all clear for now.

Anyone know if it is possible to do that with the Emperor unit you recruit in Rome?

RS2 BETA Tester
    Check out my Hard Rock/Metal Blog Slaying The Faithless
    Like Mafia? Good sign up for Pirate Ninja Robot Zombie Mafia IN SPACE

I've read that it is.

Well I will have to try it today then and see how it goes.
    Now to find some crazy naked Gauls and some mercs of my own so I don't waste a legion on it

RS2 BETA Tester

Quote Originally Posted by dcmort93 View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible to do that with the Emperor unit you recruit in Rome?
    Yep same... he's just calles emperor but he is infact a general unit/captain , just win alot of good battle's and he's in.
    - Esoteric -

:

If you really really want him to become member of your family, send him alone to some enemy stacks and use the auto_win cheat... But you don't know this from me.
    Vale,

ITS NOT WORKING :|

RS2 BETA Tester