Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color Changes to Other User-groups

Default Color Changes to Other User-groups

Cause we at Moderation Staff are a bunch of inconsiderate dicks, we forgot to take the Curia into account when we asked Hex to change our user-group color. As such, here is a thread for Citizens and the like to discuss what colors would fit each other user-group the bestest.

Cheers,
    JrdBnta

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default Re: Color Changes to Other User-groups

JrdBnta...

Thanks for the platform and invite to "testify" the faith. Local Moderators shout....We're Grey,{not Gay} and we're gonna stay that way!!!!

Again, thanks awefully. Kay, next contentious user group please.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Hex

Moderation

Content

Technical Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Local Moderators shout....We're Grey,{not Gay} and we're gonna stay that way!!!!
    Speak for yourself lol....

Some of us were Grey and Gay!

I think the moderators should return to green or some other bright and vivid colour so that they actually stand out. They should also stay away from all shades of blue, that colour belongs to content! Some of us want to keep it that way too!

Hexagon

Content

Technical

Local Mod

Citizen

Divus

Phalera/Opifex

Novus

Magistrate/Tribune

Curator

Creative Assembly

I think that's everyone...
    Last edited by the Black Prince; June 15, 2010 at 08:34 AM.

I can't see Novus being hot pink. but otherwise those look like good colours.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

I think the moderators should retain their current bold navy since it does stand out where it needs to -- in thread warnings. This is the real reason for the bold. Any contrast to the normal font is OK though for visability purposes. Their is nothing magic about darkgreen. We are now the boys in blue -- call it the bold blue line. All shades of blue are not 'owned' by a singe member group.

I would also suggest that all Curial elected by popularity medals be the same color -- darkorchid is fine. Any other color is fine just as well.

I do think that the brighter color for Magistrate and Tribune is needed. I am not certain about the choice suggested, but I have left it alone.

I have not touched the local mod grey, but this is a live wire of death to touch without a significant support to change by those who hold the medal.

It might be good for our purposes to also set up polling for those who sport the labels to inquire about their own preferences. Make the polling visible to discourage stuffing the ballot.

Hexagon

Content

Technical

Local Mod

Citizen

Divus

Phalera/Opifex

Novus

Curator

Magistrate/Tribune

Creative Assembly

Edit: per discussions in content staff and a lack of agreement on a change, content color will remain blue. Technical can thus grab the distinctive green which avoids confusion with citizen red.
    Last edited by Viking Prince; June 16, 2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Content will remain blue per discussion in content staff
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

There's a limited number of distinct colours in the colour palette here. I was trying to avoid doing shades... the one missing colour is bright yellow, but on this background its very hard to read.

Novus perhaps?

@VP

there's a realm of difference between the Phalera/Opifex awards, which are for extra special citizens, the Novus award, for exceptional staff and Divus, for exceptional admin. Why should they all be the same colour? The same logic would suggest that all staff be the same colour, with Hex and Mods being emboldened only.
    Last edited by the Black Prince; June 15, 2010 at 07:56 AM.

Patrician

Well what is the purpose of the colors? For some it is because we wish to have sight recognition because of the job being performed. Hex and Moderation are two obvious examples of this reason because they do indeed edit and issue in thread warnings.

As to the elected medals. They are all distinctive, but they are also popularity based and Curial creations. I do not really think that the Divus is depreciated by being the same color as the Novus.

With the Senior Moderation Color freed up, you do indeed have a distinctive color available. You have chosen to assign it to the tech. That is fine.

btw -- I added the Curator purple to my list.

Edit: Also -- the Curial medals are now similar to the Curator color as well as in the color group for Hex. That should indicate an exalted position.
    Last edited by Viking Prince; June 16, 2010 at 02:25 AM.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

dammit, the Curator, I forgot that one, cheers!

Now added to my list too.

Those awards are distinctive and unique because at any one time, there may be only 1 or 2 people logged on who has them. They have distinctiveness not from being bold but from being unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    I think the moderators should retain their current bold navy since it does stand out where it needs to -- in thread warnings. This is the real reason for the bold. Any contrast to the normal font is OK though for visability purposes. Their is nothing magic about darkgreen. We are now the boys in blue -- call it the bold blue line. All shades of blue are not 'owned' by a singe member group.

I would also suggest that all Curial elected by popularity medals be the same color -- darkorchid is fine. Any other color is fine just as well.

I do think that the brighter color for Magistrate and Tribune is needed. I am not certain about the choice suggested, but I have left it alone.

I have not touched the local mod grey, but this is a live wire of death to touch without a significant support to change by those who hold the medal.

It might be good for our purposes to also set up polling for those who sport the labels to inquire about their own preferences. Make the polling visible to discourage stuffing the ballot.

Hexagon

Content

Technical

Local Mod

Citizen

Divus

Phalera/Opifex

Novus

Curator

Magistrate/Tribune

Creative Assembly

This
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Jeez just because the mods changed their colour doesn't mean everybody else has to, sure content and moderation look a bit similiar now but it's not like you can mistake one for the other - mods are dark and fat whereas content is light and lean. Simples.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post

Hexagon

Content

Technical

Local Mod

Citizen

Divus

Phalera/Opifex

Novus

Curator

Magistrate/Tribune

Creative Assembly
    i like this, i have always detested contents blue. Its such an ugly colour.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

just put everyone in blue and be done with it

since the mods changed to blue.

the tech staff is blue

the content branch is blue

so basically whats left are ''minor'' usergroups with the exception of the cities, the award colors (put them all with the same color, don't actually know why they have a color), hex, curator and CA

Get the cities with whatever color, if they want to change.

Put the hex and the curator in the same color, so important people? get the purple out there and spray them.

the purpose of the colors were to make things simpler...

So staff is blue, more important positions are purple.
    Last edited by karamazovmm; June 16, 2010 at 12:18 AM.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

How, about we make the colour for curial positions the same?
    Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

I think we should just leave the colours the way they are. Moderators deciding to change theirs doesn't mean that everyone needs to start fiddling with their colours as well

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Hex

Moderation

Content

Technical Staff
    This.

Simple. Basic. Makes sense.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

This would be better:

Hex
    Moderation
    Content
    Technical Staff
    Curator
    Tribune
    Magistrate
    Phalera
    Opifex
    Novus

Citizen

And this is my preferred option:

Hex
    Moderation
    Content
    Technical Staff
    Curator
    Tribune
    Magistrate

Phalera
    Opifex
    Novus
    Citizen

Both schemes are quiet and uncomplicated, unlike the current overload of clashing colours. I would also have the Divus as a dark green. I haven't listed it because there are so few of them, so it won't make much difference to the overall effect.
    Last edited by Søren; June 16, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Søren View Post
    This would be better:

Hex
    Moderation
    Content
    Technical Staff
    Curator
    Tribune
    Magistrate

Phalera
    Opifex
    Novus
    Citizen

Both schemes are quiet and uncomplicated, unlike the current overload of clashing colours. I would also have the Divus as a dark green. I haven't listed it because there are so few of them, so it won't make much difference to the overall effect.
    I support this actually.

Blue - staff
    Purple = curial positions
    Red = curial ranks

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

I also support that since it was the same as I proposed

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Patrician

Sorens idea

Quote Originally Posted by Søren View Post
    This would be better:

Hex
    Moderation
    Content
    Technical Staff
    Curator
    Tribune
    Magistrate
    Phalera
    Opifex
    Novus
    Citizen

Hex
    Moderation
    Content
    Technical Staff
    Curator
    Tribune
    Magistrate
    Phalera
    Opifex
    Novus
    Citizen

Or the Curial ranks can all take on the varous shades of green. Then you have bold red for hex, blues for staff, greens for curia, and reds (not bold, of course) for Citizen and related medals. In any case, I do think that Sorens idea is the best brought forward so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast