Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: New Citizens Post Here

(A belated welcome to bOGia!)

Ah, coffee . Mmmm. Welcome, Caillagh!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

with all these new citizens we are having these days we need to organize a party; if you guys will provide some food (meat and fish to be roasted/grilled) and Lifth will provide "company", I'll take care of the wine

welcome to all of you lads
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Welcome, Caillagh (again, but the more welcomings, the better! ), and also welcome to Socrates1984!

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Hello everyone!

This is my first post in the Capitol and I am very proud about that!

Congratulations to Caillagh de Bodemloze too! Also, thanks for everyone who participated in any way in my application thread. Special thanks go to Flinn, my patron, and all his guidance around the forums, as well as to the other good people who offered to patronize me. Last, I have to thank my parents and relatives for...

Actually, scratch that; this community and its participants are one the best things that have happened to my e-life for the last 100 years or do. So, becoming a Citizen feels great and I will do my best to honor this trust.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1984 View Post
    Hello everyone!

This is my first post in the Capitol and I am very proud about that!

Congratulations to Caillagh de Bodemloze too! Also, thanks for everyone who participated in any way in my application thread. Special thanks go to Flinn, my patron, and all his guidance around the forums, as well as to the other good people who offered to patronize me. Last, I have to thank my parents and relatives for...

Actually, scratch that; this community and its participants are one the best things that have happened to my e-life for the last 100 years or do. So, becoming a Citizen feels great and I will do my best to honor this trust.
    yes yes, bla bla and all that, but tell me now, where's my wine?!? Did you really think that we allowed you here because we are good? Simply, we run out of waiters (someone should go to clean up that cellar, we have lost way too much employes in its dark recesses, recently ). However, if you are afraid of the dark and its dwellers, you can bribe me with some greek food, in general octopus and squids (and fish) win me over quite easily

Seriously now, it was my pleasure to patronize you, I look forward to work along with you in more areas of the site, just don't get overstretched and enjoy your time in the islands
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome, Socrates1984!

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Greetings everyone!

I would like to thank to all the fine citizens here, who deemed my application worthy and honored me with citizenship and I would like to thank to Soul aswell for patronizing me.
    Meeting with this community and staying provided me with much experience in the past and I will definitely stay here more for. I will try my best to continue my work under my newfound badge and to ensure the trust put into me will be not wasted.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Welcome Dragon.

Feel thirsty again
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Welcome Dragon,

I remember reading your application and would had voted in favor. Real life got in the way.
    Enjoy yourself and don't take anything so serious.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Hi, Dragon. Congratulations!

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Welcome Dragon,

I remember reading your application and would had voted in favor. Real life got in the way.
    Enjoy yourself and don't take anything so serious.
    Thank you. Well if you were there you could have drop a "yes" in. But no problem, real-life always messes with our plans.
    I always have my own, healthy skepticism, so nothing will be taken seriously except my current works.

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    Hi, Dragon. Congratulations!
    Thank you aswell.
    The last thing I would like to know just out of curiosity who was the second person, who voted abstain? I know Soul didn't vote, being my patron obviously. Of course if said person doesn't want to reveal himself that isn't a problem. I only asked for my own curiosity.

Lastly if you are thirsty Lifth, can I offer a good quality of cognac for the sophisticated flavors?
    Last edited by General Dragon.; March 31, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That would do
    But such a "nectar" is quite expensive unfortunately and I don't want you to go bankrupt by my fault. One (big) of the finest Belgian beer will do
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Ordinarily, I would demand a fine Cognac and a cigar; however since I missed the vote, I'll give you a pass.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon. View Post
    The last thing I would like to know just out of curiosity who was the second person, who voted abstain? I know Soul didn't vote, being my patron obviously. Of course if said person doesn't want to reveal himself that isn't a problem. I only asked for my own curiosity.
    It was me. As Curator I abstain on all applications. It's a personal mandate of mine which I have because I prefer to let the Citizens make their minds up with no possible influence from me (not that I expect they really care what I think anyway ), but I still click Abstain because I think it's important to at least participate in the process in that small, arguably useless, way.

For Citizenship applications, the votes are always public. You can click on the numbers in the poll to be taken to the results, like here.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    It was me. As Curator I abstain on all applications. It's a personal mandate of mine which I have because I prefer to let the Citizens make their minds up with no possible influence from me (not that I expect they really care what I think anyway ), but I still click Abstain because I think it's important to at least participate in the process in that small, arguably useless, way.

For Citizenship applications, the votes are always public. You can click on the numbers in the poll to be taken to the results, like here.
    That's totally up to you of course. I do wonder however how you could influence us by your vote, when we can only see that when the poll has run its course.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post

Well atleast I learned something new today aswell. I also understand your reasoning, which if I were in your case, I would do the same most likely.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I do wonder however how you could influence us by your vote, when we can only see that when the poll has run its course.
    You are right. Not the correct phrasing on my part. Basically, I want to participate in the vote without participating, and thus I don't normally post anything other than clerical stuff in the applications either. Neutrality during and after the fact.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Good day to you !
    Thank you for welcoming me here.

I would like to thank PikeStance, for his patronage.

I shall go back to working, studying and modding as usual.
    I have many projects concerning the future, and can hopefully be of good help for the Imperial Splendour Mod !

Oh, wait, I almost forgot ; free drinks to everyone !
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Blog Entries

Welcome Goutlard; it is customary, for new citizens, to serve some beverages to their older fellows; for me a bottle of wine will do good, red one if you don't mind

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

No no no Flinn! We agreed on this! It is going to be Whiskey only! And don't you dare put ice in them.