Thread: Parades

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Parades

Perhaps something that would be interesting is the ability to hold parades in your provinces, something to boost morale at home, and rub in the face of the conquered, a little something to give happiness in a province you need it in, maybe even be able to have the option to control your self ie: march the soldiers through the town into a circle thing like in the ETW tutorial. idk just a wip/idea/proposal

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Parades

Yes, I love having parades in forts with marching bands and everything. This would be a great feature.

I love the idea. Sometimes, if I'm fighting a battle that's not really much of a battle, I'll form up my infantry in a column, have them march and have my general stand by the side as if to survey his army.

Content Emeritus

It would be very neat to march your victorious Prussian soldiers through Paris after you captured it to the tune of Pruessen Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    It would be very neat to march your victorious Prussian soldiers through Paris after you captured it to the tune of Pruessen Gloria
    Or Vienna to the Konnigratzer...

Praepositus

Is it possible to make marching bands and such?

Civis

Nice idea. But it should be hard to make citizens and custom animations
    "Your majesty will faster see Vysla streaming backwards than lithuanians and their etmon routing"

Quote Originally Posted by Amaz View Post
    Is it possible to make marching bands and such?
    Brigadier Graham did it for ETW.

About citizens, yes it would be hard. Maybe give them the "waiting" artillery animation when they have nothing in their hands?

Content Emeritus

hmm thats a good idea, give them armed citizenry skins and arty animations, and I know Brigadier Graham made an awesome sound mod for NTW with Pruessen Gloria and other songs that you play the battle to

Content Emeritus

Now I have one question, anyone have ANY idea how to do this

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

This is rather easy..

Creating the band(s).

1. Your going to have to have like 3 unit for the band altogether. (Drummers, flutists, band leader with flag)
    2. Create the new unit, only your going to want a realistic unit size. (5 men)
    3. Give this new unit, for their equipment, drums and the corrisponding animation (Easy). Repeat this for your other small units, only adding the flute. etc.
    4. Add in some new funky marching tunes to be played when marching, theres already a mod that does this.

The actual band 'event'.

-Now your not going to want your band marching through a town, when the enemy is there. But unfortunatly its not possible to be on a map without the enemy present.
    So this is a no go. However, better idea below.

A marching bands usage.

1. Now lets assume here, we make these marching band units recruitable in the campaign. (Easy as pie)
    2. Its more than easy to add to these units the ability to incourage and make generaly more confident the other units in their the army. They can also scare the enemy? Bit farfetched.
    3. These units won't be able to fire back, or fight for that matter, just like the drummers/flutist in normal units.

Uses
    - March your band through an enemy town as the enemy units are routing, or when victory is certain.
    - March these units behind your units while the battle is ongoing, encouraging your units to fight better!

(I COPYRIGHT ALL THESE IDEAS!)
    Last edited by .Mitch.; June 20, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Mitch, Your humble servant♔ View Post
    This is rather easy..

Creating the band(s).

1. Your going to have to have like 3 unit for the band altogether. (Drummers, flutists, band leader with flag)
    2. Create the new unit, only your going to want a realistic unit size. (5 men)
    3. Give this new unit, for their equipment, drums and the corrisponding animation (Easy). Repeat this for your other small units, only adding the flute. etc.
    4. Add in some new funky marching tunes to be played when marching, theres already a mod that does this.

The actual band 'event'.

-Now your not going to want your band marching through a town, when the enemy is there. But unfortunatly its not possible to be on a map without the enemy present.
    So this is a no go. However, better idea below.

A marching bands usage.

1. Now lets assume here, we make these marching band units recruitable in the campaign. (Easy as pie)
    2. Its more than easy to add to these units the ability to incourage and make generaly more confident the other units in their the army. They can also scare the enemy? Bit farfetched.
    3. These units won't be able to fire back, or fight for that matter, just like the drummers/flutist in normal units.

Uses
    - March your band through an enemy town as the enemy units are routing, or when victory is certain.
    - March these units behind your units while the battle is ongoing, encouraging your units to fight better!

(I COPYRIGHT ALL THESE IDEAS!)
    That is excellent idea lol, maybe instead of actually holding parades in the settlements, just give the bands a public order bonus. Is there any way to make sure the AI wont go crazy with them, you know, have an entire army made up mostly of musicians? I still dont know much (anything) about modding ntw though so im gonna have no choice but to respect your copyright claim lol; I'm not sure however that this would fit with TGW

EDIT: Im working on it actualloy just downloaded PFM, have no clue what im doing ... yet
    Last edited by 'Gunny; June 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Brigadier Graham did this for ETW - separate units of musicians playing faction-specific music. I suggest you ask him if he can do it for NTW and save yourself some time old chap.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Brigadier Graham did this for ETW - separate units of musicians playing faction-specific music. I suggest you ask him if he can do it for NTW and save yourself some time old chap.
    You mean he did the EXACT same thing, well i suppose ill have to have a talk with the chap

EDIT: I did have a talk with him, we are now working on a band mod, now as soon as i figure this pack modifier and make the units he'll do the faction specific music
    Last edited by 'Gunny; June 21, 2010 at 05:22 PM.

or would it be possible to just make a little in game movie clip that plays when you take over certain cities of your army marching through and playing music

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    You mean he did the EXACT same thing, well i suppose ill have to have a talk with the chap

EDIT: I did have a talk with him, we are now working on a band mod, now as soon as i figure this pack modifier and make the units he'll do the faction specific music
    Yikes, if you don't know the basics of the PFM, then your gona have trouble, especialy when it comes to the warscape equipment.

Good luck though.

Content Emeritus

im learning though

Quote Originally Posted by UltraEgo69 View Post
    or would it be possible to just make a little in game movie clip that plays when you take over certain cities of your army marching through and playing music
    that a good idea but who here knows how to make those movies but not make em look cheesy? well i guess you could take clips from actual movies but then you get involved with copyright......

EDIT: just got an idea: we could have nanny make them! he could make them parade in a custom battle with a town with the enemy having only 1 unit! but then again we would need to make the units in the first place.......................
    Last edited by TheRoyalGuard1; June 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: IDEA!

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoyalGuard1 View Post
    that a good idea but who here knows how to make those movies but not make em look cheesy? well i guess you could take clips from actual movies but then you get involved with copyright......

EDIT: just got an idea: we could have nanny make them! he could make them parade in a custom battle with a town with the enemy having only 1 unit! but then again we would need to make the units in the first place.......................
    yea yea im working in it, been doing some hurricane proofing the last 2 days just in case and will be gone from friday to probably next wednesday