Thread: Battle of Aljubarrota and my early discoveries

Default Battle of Aljubarrota and my early discoveries

One of the things in my country sparked my taste in history were:

The statue of Viriato; One of the first guerrilla tactics user ever, proved to me that sticks and stones brake bones, especially if you were a roman, he went from fisherman to chief of the Lusitanos and not only defended but counter attacked the Romans conquering alot of provinces.

When i as in the 9th grade i went to the newly discovered roman ruins (Eburobrittium) in Óbidos here in Portugal and i sneaked of the group and got myself some 308 BC roof tiles and brick with roman markings and a premium tour (me and my friends sneaked of again) of the sewer system, it was creepy and we got jumped by a MYTHICAL CRRREATURE a small mice eating snake, scary and cool none the less. It's because of these adventures that i'm so interested in history.

Same thing in Castel of óbidos, we had to fill up a quiz which asked the date of death of some old medieval time priest, we were supposed to ask local folk about it, not this Indiana jones, i jumped some ropes into his funeral chamber and just read it of his tomb!
    Last edited by myrmidones; June 14, 2010 at 08:45 PM.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Battle of Aljubarrota and my early discoveries

thats friggin awesome

What Aljubarrota have to do with Viriathus?

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by myrmidones View Post
    One of the things in my country sparked my taste in history were:

The statue of Viriato; One of the first guerrilla tactics user ever, proved to me that sticks and stones brake bones, especially if you were a roman, he went from fisherman to chief of the Lusitanos and not only defended but counter attacked the Romans conquering alot of provinces.

When i as in the 9th grade i went to the newly discovered roman ruins (Eburobrittium) in Óbidos here in Portugal and i sneaked of the group and got myself some 308 BC roof tiles and brick with roman markings and a premium tour (me and my friends sneaked of again) of the sewer system, it was creepy and we got jumped by a MYTHICAL CRRREATURE a small mice eating snake, scary and cool none the less. It's because of these adventures that i'm so interested in history.

Same thing in Castel of óbidos, we had to fill up a quiz which asked the date of death of some old medieval time priest, we were supposed to ask local folk about it, not this Indiana jones, i jumped some ropes into his funeral chamber and just read it of his tomb!
    You mean to say you stole historical artefacts and probably damaged a historical site? Those are crimes, sir. What a horrible thing to do people like that destroy our heritage for future generations. We would all like to have a stone or tile from a historical site but you don't just take them. Please don't do this again.

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just read the OP.

You should be ashamed of yourself, really.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Condestável View Post
    What Aljubarrota have to do with Viriathus?
    I bet, the OP believes that military genius Nun Alvares Perreira is a reincarnation of Viriathus.

Edit.
    Ooops. Sorry, necro-thread. Shouldn't be drinking that much...
    Last edited by Henry of Grosmont; October 11, 2012 at 01:49 PM.