Thread: .esp to inkscape?

mp0295's Avatar Vicarius

Default .esp to inkscape?

Is it possible to use Illustrator files in inkscape? I have searched everywhere on google and i can't find any answers. I just want to modify some vector brushes to use in gimp, nothing too complicated

Track & Field = Life
    http://www.last.fm/user/mp0295

Default Re: .esp to inkscape?

I never got Inkscape to open .eps files either. But I did have a gimp plugin which could handle it.

Edit: I think it was called something with Ghostscript or something in that line.
    Last edited by lolgast; June 14, 2010 at 05:00 PM.

TWC Son of the One and Only Abbews

mp0295's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah I've seen that on a couple sites. Do you mind telling me how it work or what exactly it does? It's documentation is a little sparse. Is it like i need to open the .esp in GIMP then convert it to SVG?

Track & Field = Life
    http://www.last.fm/user/mp0295

Well I remember installing it was a pain. And when you opened a .eps file and saved it as .svg you don't have the different objects in the vector as usually. It just becomes one big one.

the only thing i knew inkscape was good for was to make those awesome inkspot potraits of peoples faces. Wat else do yall use it for?

I used it a couple of times for rearranging vector sets and deleting parts of the vector, And a couple of small thingies like on my avatar.