Thread: Japanese Orchestra Music

Default Japanese Orchestra Music

Hey everyone

Ive been trying to get pumped lately for Shogun 2 even if I do have a while to wait.

So ive recently been interested in the music of the time. Orchestra music known as Gagaku.

Does anybody know any Japanese orchestra's that play music such as the music from The Last Samurai (Although a movie not everyone likes due to historical inaccuracies it still had a beautiful musical score)

Other then choirs is there any Japanese composers that have made some good music of that variety? Anything classical Japanese should do.

Thanks Guys

Regards

Fattsanta
    GO GERMANY WORLD CUP FIFA 2010!!!!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Re: Japanese Orchestra Music

Try some Kodo

Last edited by Kinjo; June 14, 2010 at 02:20 PM.

Elyrioth's Avatar Senator

I hope they just re-use the original music, it was a masterpiece.
    I really thing it added to the game and is certainly one of the features, with the videos that has stuck in my head all these years.
    Na Géanna Fiáine

Try the Hans Zimmer music from The Last Samurai.
    recomend:
    A way of life
    Spectres in the fog
    A hard teacher
    Idyll's End
    Safe Passage
    Red Warrior
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by hardcore knight; June 14, 2010 at 02:30 PM.

Elmar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore knight View Post
    Try the Hans Zimmer music from The Last Samurai.
    Meh. That makes me think more of Hollywood then Honshū.

I like the original music by Jeff van Dyck, who'll be making a return. The same again or more along those lines would do me nicely.
    Though those Kodo fellas have some "oomph" behind them that I like too.
    Last edited by Elmar; June 14, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
    To Subaltern: Yes, every junior officer may carry a Field Marshal's baton in his knapsack, but we think you'll discard that to make room for an extra pair of socks before very long.
    Wipers Times

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    Meh. That makes me think more of Hollywood then Honshū.

I like the original music by Jeff van Dyck, who'll be making a return. The same again or more along those lines would do me nicely.
    Though those Kodo fellas have some "oomph" behind them that I like too.
    you cant "meh" Hans Zimmer, youll break the Universe, that soundtrack is a utter masterpiece and is much better then anything Van Dryck will make, and im sure he will make a fantastic soundtrack for Shogun 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    you cant "meh" Hans Zimmer, youll break the Universe, that soundtrack is a utter masterpiece and is much better then anything Van Dryck will make, and im sure he will make a fantastic soundtrack for Shogun 2
    thanks, It sure does!

lol....they should just hire some of the dudes that make the best anime music XD *yeah i like anime*

i d k there was this anime with really good music...it was about ghosts but the music was so classical japanese, they should hire that dude

but i think Jeff Van Dyk should be back...ETW and NTW without his music it wasnt the same...it felt boring

i can really see the campaign map with music like this

Last edited by Arcani 4 Ever; June 15, 2010 at 11:36 AM.

Van Dyck will probably just do a more varied and lavish version of the old Shogun, sticking only to Japanese music.

d k there was this anime with really good music...it was about ghosts but the music was so classical japanese, they should hire that dude
    Anime generally goes for more contempory music plus plenty of western classical music-I mean look at Samurai Champloo.
    Who cares if we don't learn from History, its bloodly interesting.

Too much weird stuff happens for god not to exist

Ladies like superior firepower literally and metaphorically

England>Scotland and rest of the world, only the Welsh come even close.

well...still leaving the responsability to the music to a japanese compositor will make a really good work...japanese are very proud about their past, culture and history...so if a japanese compositor makes the soundtrack for this game it will really take into account the period, the history of his country and will make a real masterpiece than not even foreing renowed compositors will make...

i really like it when you get consumed with the music while playing...and neither ETW or NTW were able to accomplish that