Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ran no jidai for Shogun 2?

Brynjolfr's Avatar Libertus

Default Ran no jidai for Shogun 2?

Do you have any plans on making a Ran no Jidai mod for Shogun 2?

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Ran no jidai for Shogun 2?

Too bad because there probably won't be any modding tools XD as there never is.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Heh at least no modding tools in the first 5 years

Biarchus

Don't forget the Steam patches that force modders to updtae everything and the trend to make files more and more inaccessible-more than a year after ETW and no-one's been able to redo the campaign maps. I really hope this mod gets released, mainly because I think CA / Sega will botch Shogun 2.
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

agreed,and as its on steam a lot of us cant\wont buy ca's game.so ran no jidai is still one of the most anticipated mods out there.

Just as my computer can't run ETW, it wont be able to run S2TW so I'll continue to anticipate this mod.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by rubenandthejets View Post
    I think CA / Sega will botch Shogun 2.
    They already have, as it won't be historically accurate, they won't even try to be historically accurate.
    They included Geisha... obviously they can travel through time if they show up during the Sengoku jidai, and I bet they will be super assassins too
    If they were gonna include that kind of unit, then the very least they could have done was to use Shirabiyoshi instead, at least they were already around and they were not confined to the red light district either, Shirabiyoshi also had a tachi as part of their outfit, making them much more awesome.

Also, after looking at some of the armors, I've noticed that the sashimono seems to be glued to the cuirass right between the shoulders, weird to say the least, I was hoping to see it properly attached to the back, complete with ukezutsu... but no (an ukezutsu is a cylinder that holds the flag in place).
    In the movie on their website we see a samurai wearing black armor... complete with Edo period nipple rings, I sure hope that's not the kind of thing we will get to see in the game.
    I also noticed some other things, but meh... I'm already nit picking and the game is not finished yet, so who knows what it will be like when it's finished, I'm sure that it will be their best game yet and I'm gonna like it even if it's not very historically accurate.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Well then I can only hope CA listens to its fans, and with that I mean the fans that like the Historical Accurate part of the game mostly

Sadly they are far more interested in making more cash through DLC's and expansions than allowing us to pretty much fix their games

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Well its funny, because if they listen to the fans BEFOREHAND, when they still can change things before the release. Only more people will buy the game.

Foederatus

Well yeah... they certainly could have cared more about what their customers actually want in a game, but many people want different things, so you can't please everyone.
    And they actually even had Stephen Turnbull help them out for the historical accuracy, so it's quite obvious that they ignored the fact that Geisha didn't even exist back then, they simply added it for fun, what a shame.

Those DLC's are just a good way to make people pay more then once for what should have been one game in the first place, but I do think it's Ok for them to make some money by making some expansions.
    I wonder what kind of expansions we could expect them to create for Shogun 2

The Onin war maybe? Altough it could also be the tutorial of Shogun 2.
    An Imjin war expansion? Could be because that happened during the late Sengoku war.
    Or the Mongolian invasions? If they do then I do hope to see some trebuchets with thunderclap bombs on the Mongolian side (they later used them in Japan as well, it could also launch incendiary bombs for extra joy).
    And if they do make the Mongolian expansion then they would also have all they would need for a Nambokucho war expansion (North and South imperial courts at war, it would be fun because they liked to use a lot of large swords during those days).
    And then they could also make a Genpei war expansion, it would have a lot of famous samurai in it, but it would probably be somewhat boring.
    But I sure hope they won't make some sort of "The last samurai" expansion (could be though because the movie was popular enough for it).

Last edited by Ichimonji Hidetora; July 13, 2010 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Fixed Turnbull's name ^_^

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Cool speculations Ichi, would love to see them. Maybe the Japanese Invasion of Korea(Goryeo) could also be a cool expansion.. But we haven't even seen this game yet, gotta judge this first when it releases.

rod_oil's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji Hidetora View Post
    The Onin war maybe? An Imjin war expansion? Or the Mongolian invasions?
    Or maybe even my favorite Genpei war?

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

Lol I wish CA would just release the modding tools for games like Empire Total War since they don't make anything for them anymore.

rod_oil's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji Hidetora View Post
    And then they could also make a Genpei war expansion, it would have a lot of famous samurai in it, but it would probably be somewhat boring.
    Hidetora-san, why do you think Genpei war expansion will be boring? Theres a lot of factions which were nominally belong to Fujiwara, Taira or Minamoto, but in fact they acted almost on its own will.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai View Post
    Cool speculations Ichi, would love to see them. Maybe the Japanese Invasion of Korea(Goryeo) could also be a cool expansion
    Yes I agree, it would be cool, that's why I mentioned it (the Imjin war).

Quote Originally Posted by rod_oil View Post
    Hidetora-san, why do you think Genpei war expansion will be boring? Theres a lot of factions which were nominally belong to Fujiwara, Taira or Minamoto, but in fact they acted almost on its own will.
    Yes, the factions and the people involved are interesting enough, but the armor/weapon technology & military tactics are at it's lowest, the technology level of the culture (like buildings/agraculture) are also very low, that's why I think it would be somewhat boring when compared to the other wars I mentioned before.
    The Genpei war is mostly popular because of the famous story that was written about it, most people who are introduced to samurai for the first time are told about the Genpei war and it's famous heros, classic samurai.
    But if I were to compare Japanese history to a computer game, then the Genpei war would be just like a tutorial level of the game, more interesting and enjoyable things come after it, for me it's just that simple.

Of course... other people could feel different about it like if they don't care about the low tech setting and no research options, and really like the archer cavalry thing...then it could be awesome.
    Anyway... I'm just looking at it from a game developpers point of view, the other wars clearly have more to offer to the players.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai View Post
    Heh at least no modding tools in the first 5 years
    Ame futte ji katamaru. After the rain, earth hardens

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Lol Davide stop haunting me with your quotes haha, but it is nice of you to translate Immediatly

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    Ame futte ji katamaru. After the rain, earth hardens
    そうなんですか。雨の後、洪水が起こったそうでしょう。 =p
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Ran No Jidai 2?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Wundai; August 02, 2010 at 03:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast