Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Total War

Default Shogun 2 Total War

So in the wake of the Shogun 2 TW statement, will this mod continue to be made for Kingomds? It seems there might be less mod work if this were made directly for Shogun...

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Shogus 2 Total War

Quote Originally Posted by brymht View Post
    So in the wake of the Shogun 2 TW statement, will this mod continue to be made for Kingomds? It seems there might be less mod work if this were made directly for Shogun...
    We know nothing about the modding possibilities on Shogun. If Empire and Napoleon are any indication it would be physically impossible to make this mod for Shogun II. If, by some providence, the Shogun modding is as good or better than Medieval II, then we will consider our options when that is determined. This is primarily a mod for Medieval II.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    We know nothing about the modding possibilities on Shogun. If Empire and Napoleon are any indication it would be physically impossible to make this mod for Shogun II. If, by some providence, the Shogun modding is as good or better than Medieval II, then we will consider our options when that is determined. This is primarily a mod for Medieval II.
    as it should be! we have ( players and modders of Total war games) no idea what the modding possibities will be, if it will actually be a viable ( fun and exciting platform) we have only seen very preliminary previews which in my personal opinion aree not that promising this mod is already quite sophisticated and dynamic for the mtw2/kingdoms engine (which all know and enjoy!)

Senator

yeah i dont even think there is a release date for shogun, and this mod includes combat that might not be available in Shogun, like combat with shields(i could be wrong, but the era that Shogun is in arent a major factor in Japanese warfare :hmm) so i like this mod as a m2tw mod. btw just have to say Tibetan Factions looks awesome!

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

As far as I know Shogun2 will be made on Empires engine, meaning zero modding tolerance.

And AUH will cover a much bigger variety of factions and warfare than Shogun... Seriously, this fascination with feudal Japan is just a waste of real diversity China and surroundings offer. Can't wait for AUH!

I think you should just continue on the Kingdoms/Medieval engine because they are more focused for modding and plus the company said Shogun 2 will be out sometime in 2011.

Sassori's Avatar Tiro
    Inside a mountain cavern, surrounded by old monitors and old PCs. And a black dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Voyager View Post
    As far as I know Shogun2 will be made on Empires engine, meaning zero modding tolerance.
    If that is true, I know I wont be getting STW2 (my empire disc ended somewhere out of the window) and I'll be getting AUH for sure.

Default Re: Shogun 2 Total War

Shogun 2 cannot be as good as this mod seriously since its probably only cover Japanese factions and maybe Mongolia. Beside we all know that the modders are better than the Total War team, the vanilla and kingdoms expansion is a peice of sheet compare to any mod in here, the only reason i buy those is because it is required for these mods to work.
    Last edited by Babygod22; June 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

not sure if it's worth anything, but Shogun 2 modability will be even worse than ETW/NTW
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Always funny to see people claiming stuff about a year before release

is that so?

too bad Kieran said it in an interview

http://angryjoeshow.com/?p=7342
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

"There will not be mod support for Shogun 2"

What part of this quote says that it will be less moddable than E:TW ?

crap, i meant Med2TW/RTW

:S

but the game will use binaries instead of .txt files and easy editable files with notepads and other editors..

besides,shogun will be a steam game and as a lot of us cant use steam this mod is where we are heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    What part of this quote says that it will be less moddable than E:TW ?
    It does not say so. Mostly because it would hardly be possible.

Marcion's Avatar Semisalis

If it's as moddable as ETW that would mean we couldn't mod the map, so this wouldn't really be possible in it.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

If the Shogun2 game sucks as much as ETW did than it would not even be worth to try it, but as Swagger said it will most likely be impossible.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

I doubt Shogun 2 will be more than a Empire expansion in disguise.

Steforian's Avatar Semisalis

I say, we slip an undercover modder into the Shogun team, so that he can find and/or create a loophole to allow extensive customization of the engine/aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steforian View Post
    I say, we slip an undercover modder into the Shogun team, so that he can find and/or create a loophole to allow extensive customization of the engine/aspects of the game.
    Than we make him persuade SEGA to NOT go Steam exclusive and I might actually buy that game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast