Thread: Idea: Custom Armor

Default Idea: Custom Armor

hi there,

to CA members looking through the forums, just take a look at the idea and think about it, i know that you cant answer and i dont need an answer, but please think about it

samurai armors were mostly unique. it is quite obvious that it is impossible to offer a huge variety of armors in a unit.
    but what about the faction leader? i just had the idea that there could be a feature that the player can customize the armor of his faction leader. it could be like a menu in the throne room, where you see the armor parts put together.
    the player could choose from different helmets, cuirasses, arm braces etc. and could change the colour (or even add some detail stuff) i am thinking of something similar to the uniform editor of rainbow six vegas 2 or halo3, only in a strategy game where you will see your leader standing with his bodyguards wearing the armor that fits your taste
    this would be great for the immersion and identification with the faction leader.

share your thoughts!

Kuhndog's Avatar Centurion

Default Re: Idea: Custom Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaos View Post
    hi there,

to CA members looking through the forums, just take a look at the idea and think about it, i know that you cant answer and i dont need an answer, but please think about it

samurai armors were mostly unique. it is quite obvious that it is impossible to offer a huge variety of armors in a unit.
    but what about the faction leader? i just had the idea that there could be a feature that the player can customize the armor of his faction leader. it could be like a menu in the throne room, where you see the armor parts put together.
    the player could choose from different helmets, cuirasses, arm braces etc. and could change the colour (or even add some detail stuff) i am thinking of something similar to the uniform editor of rainbow six vegas 2 or halo3, only in a strategy game where you will see your leader standing with his bodyguards wearing the armor that fits your taste
    this would be great for the immersion and identification with the faction leader.

share your thoughts!
    It would be a nice idea for Online play.
    Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar

Like Dawn of War... Sounds good.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by bangell99 View Post
    Like Dawn of War... Sounds good.
    Thought exactly of the same thing!

You know what, it makes it actually believable.

Why not give us a choice for hero's armour, weapon and decorative elements, if we are already supposed to choose from list of avaible personal traits to customize it to our liking?

At least you will have a good reason to weep after a terribly lost battle, losing someone that actually mattered for the clan, that you felt attached to ... not these lifeless samurai robots of countless numbers, without a soul.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

NovaColonel's Avatar Miles

Very nice idea, but I'd actually like to see it taken one step further: Why not implement an 'army outfitter', where you can distribute armor and weapons you made before to soldiers you trained before. This'd make for some fascinating options, and also add a lot of depth (if, for instance, a basic blacksmith can make 100 yari per round, but only 10 naginatas). Unit maintenance costs could be derived by that of their equipment or training... this could reflect the resources available to players. Many men, much iron: large armies of well-equipped but undertrained infantry. Few men, little iron: small, medium-equipped armies with elite training and high upkeep. Many men, little iron: huge peasant armies, or medium-sized armies of unerequipped elites. Few men, much iron: small Samurai-only armies. And so on... it would also give a huge boost to players who have access to resources, just as it was historically.
    But since it's good old total war, we'll see nothing of that :-/
    My blog: http://novacolonel.blogspot.de/

Phenom I X4 @ 2.6 GHz - ATI Radeon X4870 1GB @ 800/1000 MHz - 4GB OCZ @ 667 MHz - Vista Home 64

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

It would only worth it if the custom armor is displayed on both the campaign and battle map.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

This is a good idea. I wish the fabled "unit editor" that CA was boasting about in NTW could be applied in S2TW. This way you could take command of a clan and totally customize the units under your command. This would fit the whole "uniqueness" in outfitting a japanese soldier. Would be cool to also be able to customize a faction symbol that your army would use on the battlefield.

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    This is a good idea. I wish the fabled "unit editor" that CA was boasting about in NTW could be applied in S2TW. This way you could take command of a clan and totally customize the units under your command. This would fit the whole "uniqueness" in outfitting a japanese soldier. Would be cool to also be able to customize a faction symbol that your army would use on the battlefield.
    It probably will. NTW's unit editor will be similar to the MPC from ETW. Unpolished and unfinished.

A better, more complete version will likely be released for S2TW, similar to how a better MPC was released for NTW.
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

i approve
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Chyeaaaa111 View Post
    It probably will. NTW's unit editor will be similar to the MPC from ETW. Unpolished and unfinished.

A better, more complete version will likely be released for S2TW, similar to how a better MPC was released for NTW.
    I sure hope so...it would definitely be an awesome feature
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

yes