Thread: Creating a Custom Princess/Custom General - issue

Default Creating a Custom Princess/Custom General - issue

Hi all, new to the forums so not really sure what i'm doing at this part. Basically i've started playing the WTW enhance mod with the GOTs 2.1 enhance mod with that, i created a custom general for House stark which works fine, i then tried adding my own custom Princess as you only get Alys Karstark and i felt marrying off my own generals to improve loyalty would be a good idea. Anyway my Princess shows up on the map with the correct custom portrait and traits, however she is only able to marry Ramsay Bolton or Harrison Karstark when i click over other generals it says there are none to be married however when using the Karstark princess she is able to marry my custom general as well as the others. I have noticed that when i propose marriage with my custom princess it say "Family Member" in the middle column of the two options, but using the Karstark Princess it says general in the middle column when marrying my own custom general. Simply i'm wondering if i've missed something obvious or if i have to make my general or my princess a relation to the ruling (Stark) family, and if this is possible?

Anyway, sorry for the poor grammar and spelling, and thankyou in advacnce for any advice

Cheers, MintyADL

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Default Re: Creating a Custom Princess/Custom General - issue

Not sure what the problem may be, but you should give your princess a relation to some of your other generals, elsewhere can be problems.

OT, can we have a(nother) sticky thread with "modding help and questions", à la TATW?

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Figured that may well be the problem just from some of the issues i'd seen. any chance you could tell me which files to change to add her to another family, say the Karstarks? As i tried adding her the relative section at the base of the faction, but the campaign wont start up if this happens. thanks in advance

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

descr_strat, names and descr_names (last 2 only if you're adding new names).

log will tell the problem that is kicking you back to menu, for any info check here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dge&highlight=

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

I think I may know where the problem lies (if you are still having it).

I was trying to do this exact same thing with House Hoare in King of Rivers and Hills. I wanted to marry my custom general into the ruling, family bloodline.

When I first created my princess I placed her in the "relatives" line, it seemed obvious to me this would add her to the family tree. Upon starting the campaign it would kick me back to the main menu. I then searched for custom princesses help to see what I was doing wrong and ended up here. I took her name out of the relatives listing to see if that would spawn her and it did. But as you say, she can marry my custom general. I read through Kilic Ali's linked thread above, which was informative but didn't seem to help me at all. Then I remembered that in the section where he was describing the order of family listings and things he said they get spaced with a tab. I really didn't think that could be the problem but I tried it and it's working fine now.

So what you need to do is when you add her name to the relatives line you need to make sure there is a "tab" separating her from name from the others (a tab on both sides).

I hope this helps.