Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Bug Thread - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

not really a bug - just an unedited text file - the text for when you defeat a faction (As the house of Dardanos - haven't tried any others since I fixed my computer) has the standard "roman strength has blah blah blah"

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Well, the Romans were technically Trojans, so it's correct

Thought that was fixed ages ago. Oh well.

That text is mentioned in a couple of places and generally, that sort of descriptions appear in a number of places in rtw even though they aren`t used anymore. Maybe you`ve corrected the wrong one.

problem finaly solved thanks folks. no need for the now charging ccleaner i instead found out how to do it with regedit the already incorpoated program on windows

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

preston's Avatar Semisalis

i get this error message when i try to play the mod. it says: Error cannot read the censored word dictionary file chat_filter.san
    MEMBER OF S.I.N.

Laetus

i tried to do a custom battle with hero against hero, but during the loading it crashes and says generic error failed to load data/textures (or something) #standard battle_glow general.tga

Laetus

When battle map finishes loading for campaign, I get Generic Error saying "failed to find texture 'data/models/textures/#standard_battle_glow_general.tga" , then the game ctd

help, i really want to see the battle map

mphet's Avatar Libertus

CTD when i load the battle.... ????

I get generic error: data/../tgw/data/banner/symbols1.tga This occurs when trying to load Epic Cycle or the regular campaign. A custom battle between Achilles and Hektor worked fine, however. Been a 3-4 years since I have modded RTW so I haven't a clue as to how to handle this. I skimmed the forums for an answer, but...

PS: Looks outstanding thus far!!!
    "The strongest passions and most dangerous weaknesses of the human breast; ambition, avarice, vanity, the honorable or venal love of fame, are all in conspiracy against the desire and duty of peace." -J. Madison

Only thing I can say at such a moment is: reinstall the mod, if that doesn't work; reinstall RTW.

And the winner is . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    Only thing I can say at such a moment is: reinstall the mod, if that doesn't work; reinstall RTW.
    "The strongest passions and most dangerous weaknesses of the human breast; ambition, avarice, vanity, the honorable or venal love of fame, are all in conspiracy against the desire and duty of peace." -J. Madison

Ah, thanks bull3pr00f, its hard to check and reply to this regularly.

Don't mention it; I just answer questions

I have a similar problem to one already mentioned-

when I start Aristeia it first goes to a load screen showing all teh copyrights, etc, and after a few moments the cursor appears over this screen with the "I'm thinking about it" circle (I liked the old hourglass!), the I get a doink sound. Nothing else happens. I hit esc and the load screen goes away and there's an error message saying a problem stopped Rome: Alexander from working properly - no specifics and no windows solutions offered. I've reinstalled Alexander and Aristeia and the same thing happens. Unlike the other guy though, all my other vanillas, inlcuding Alexander, and mods work fine. I'm stumped. Just a side note: my computer didn't like Europa Barbarorum, but for different reasons. Could it be I just have a tempermental system? Any advice?
    Last edited by jwoodsid; February 09, 2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Excellent mod, by the way. It'll kill me if I can't use it!

Check to make sure you installed everything in the right place, ie. your directories are Rome - Total War/alexander and Rome - Total War/aristeia

I vaguely recollect somebody once had a problem because the default resolution was left at 1980x1020

If you don't have an HD monitor check your preferences file (C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\aristeia\preferences) and change your default resolution to your monitors native resolution. Change the following entries:-

USE_WIDESCREEN:
    STRATEGY_RESOLUTION:
    BATTLE_RESOLUTION:

Other than that I can't think of anything right now.

If that isn't applicable you should try it on an installation without any other mods if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; February 09, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

I tried your suggestions but no improvement. nuts...

Would any other display setting in preferences.txt have a bearing on this?

Just to clarify: the aristeia folder should be in the RTW folder along with Alexander, BI, etc? I'm sure that's what you meant, I just want to eliminate any confounding variable.

Quote Originally Posted by jwoodsid View Post
    I tried your suggestions but no improvement. nuts...

Would any other display setting in preferences.txt have a bearing on this?

Just to clarify: the aristeia folder should be in the RTW folder along with Alexander, BI, etc? I'm sure that's what you meant, I just want to eliminate any confounding variable.
    Yes that is what I meant.

BTW - you could try using a program like CCleaner to remove all traces of Total war after you uninstall it. Then just try again fresh. Something may have one wrong in the registry.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; February 10, 2011 at 12:39 PM.

final analysis: my system just doesn't like the mod. With a different download, clean rtw/bi/alex install, its a no go. I'll be keeping this mod in the back of my mind though. maybe a later version will be more agreable?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast