Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

Default Bug Thread - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

Before posting in this thread please do the following:-

A) Read the FAQ.

B) Ensure you are posting a bug (note that anything covered in the FAQ is not a bug)

C) Remember that the installer we make available to the public has been tested and does work. If you have difficulty installing the mod or crashes while starting a campaign this is likely caused by your own installation or something you have done wrong. Before asking for help please do the following:-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(i) Ensure you have RTW - Alexander & Barbarian Invasion installed

(ii) Try reinstalling all of RTW, BI, Alex and the mod.

(iii) If using vista or windows 7 try running the Alex.exe as administrator

D) Do read the consolidated list of known issues below. Some of these are bugs with the original game, not the mod. Some are quirks with the game engine, and finally some may be mistakes made by the mod developers.

E) Failure to adhere to these rules will result in your post being moved to the infamous ridicule thread so as to prevent confusion to other players and the bug thread being clogged with nonsense entries.

F) Suggestions or personal preferences are not bugs, and will be moved to the suggestions thread or ridicule thread depending on my mood.
    (If I happen to notice it, I can guarantee that I shall put it in the ridicule thread - Zenith)

KNOWN ISSUES

1) There is a possible crash when exiting some battles which use reinforcements. This is a known Rome - Total War Alexander bug and can not be fixed.

2) You get the error message "cant find skeleton 'fs slinger new". This is a quirky bug which seems to affect a small number of people. If it happens to you it can be fixed by unpacking the 'pack' files. Check here.

3) If you experience a random crash which can not be reproduced, this is likely one of those mysteries of computing and ought to be ignored.

4) If you get a crash with the following error
    "failed to find texture/germans/data/models_unit/textures/Akontistai_Anatolian_orange.tga"

Then download and use the attached file in and as per the instructions in this post.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; July 31, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

TiagoJRToledo's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Bug Thread - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

I don't know if it's a bug, but I noticed that the scrolls (the messages, the Esc menu, etc) are with squares. You know, like pixels... I'll post a screenshot when i get the chance...

"My advice to you is: get married. If you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."

Perhaps you have extremely high contrast? It shouldn't really be noticeable.

Please try to keep this thread for bugs only.

I have a problem: I install mod, load game,try custom battle all goes fine and when i try to launch campaign at the end of load appear message GENERIC ERROR: INSUFFICIENT VIDEO MEMORY TO LOAD REQUESTED TEXTURE SET!
    Last edited by zmv; June 16, 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Make sure you have vertex shaders on. How old is your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post
    Make sure you have vertex shaders on. How old is your machine?
    What is vertex shaders and how can i check it out???

My computer is Athlon 5200+, 2.71, 4gb, radeon 4850 its not old if not young
    Its something strange happening with my TW games i just check my rome-alex expansion and try to start new campaign but each time it drop me into windows without any message, same story with mod rusichi on medieval!!!
    What this can be????
    Last edited by zmv; June 16, 2010 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zmv View Post
    What is vertex shaders and how can i check it out???

My computer is Athlon 5200+, 2.71, 4gb, radeon 4850 its not old if not young
    Its something strange happening with my TW games i just check my rome-alex expansion and try to start new campaign but each time it drop me into windows without any message, same story with mod rusichi on medieval!!!
    What this can be????
    I'm not certain, but you should try to reinstall all of the games. If you are having problems with a number of mods it is impossible for Aristeia to have caused it - as it does not alter the original game files.

grouchy13's Avatar TW Mercenary Veteranii

disregard my original post
    Last edited by grouchy13; June 16, 2010 at 05:23 PM.
    Under the Patronage of the Venerable Jom Patron of the one true Shogun wealthmonger, Antipodean son IZob, Terrifying Sultan of the Blitz totalwar_legend & Warden of the Iron Throne Dux

Foederatus

I play Troia lias campaign and i am sieging pergamon with the ethiops. The atreides falls out with a phrygian akontistai in his pool and the following error:
    failed to find texture/germans/data/models_unit/textures/Akontistai_Anatolian_orange.tga

regards kaddirrh

and rep .... very nice mod

Hi downloaded and followed instructions to the letter but the game only gets to the first load screen and then crashes with the follwing message:

"Generic Error - unable to find skeleton fs_slinger_new"

Any ideas? Running on a fairly new rig with original Rome, BI and Alx installed. Using the Alx exe and downloaded to the Creative Assembly - Rome Total War folder

Unpack your pack files (see first post in this topic).

i know this isnt a bug but its a question directed at computer knowlageists (if thats a word) i recently had to uninstall all of my Rtw games including Bi and Alexander including mods. but uninstalling alex didnt go to well and i had to delete certain files manualy which normally works. but the problem is my computer still thinks alex is installed when i put the disc in to reinstall the menu offers to let me play it but not install it i checked in the control pannel and i found it was still down as a aplication, but i couldnt remove it from there, i tryed removing it in safe mode but that didnt work either. i am confussled and i rearly want to reinstall alex so i can play this mod any help would be amazing. i run on windows xp cheers

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

You'll probably need to clean your registry, try something like CCleaner - but be careful and backup when it asks you to etc etc.

Icon13 Re: Bug Thread - Aristeia: The Epic Cycle

Per post above "I play Troia lias campaign and i am sieging pergamon with the ethiops. The atreides falls out with a phrygian akontistai in his pool and the following error:
    failed to find texture/germans/data/models_unit/textures/Akontistai_Anatolian_orange.tga"

Any word on the fix for this? I ran into this issue in my Troia campaign.

Oh yes, use the attached file. Obviously a tired mistake I made once upon a time

Just replace the file of the same name in your aristeia data folder.

(something like this)
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\aristeia\Data

The fix worked beautifully, Thanks! An excellent Mod BTW!

Have you tried to uninstall thru Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs? Usually, if you remove this way it will remove the registry keys. You need to look for "Rome Total War - Alexander". I have removed my Alexander and re-installed a couple of times always this way and works fine for me. Otherwise, yeah if you just select files in your program file and delete, then you will have problems with registry for sure.

can you give me some clues on the "fs_slinger" bug? i am not familiar with unpacking, so i am realy confused. i tried using both the unpack.bat and xpack.bat in aristeia, alexander and rome data/pack directories and nothing came up, still getting the missing file error message. could you explain exactly which bat file should i use and in which dir, as well as what exactly should i do? thanks in advance

If you use vista or 7 you might need to extract it somewhere else, as Vista probably wont let you extract to program files. Please seek a tutorial on extracting.

When I attempt to fight near a watchtower, the battle map starts out okay and then suddenly it's freezing up so my pointer is duplicating all over the screen. Then it just goes hazy orange/red and I have to CTRL/ALT/DLT out and do End Task.
    I can press exit to retreat from the fight and when I get back to the campaign map everything is fine. This only started just now, never happened to me before.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast