Thread: Modding Historical Battles

klesh's Avatar Senator

Icon5 Modding Historical Battles

Do we know much collectively about how to modify or create new Historical Battles?
    I've not seen any tutorials on the subject, so I presume there are elements we cannot decipher?

Presumably it would be easier to modify existing battles, but I'm concerned that not having seen any already out there, there must be things we cannot figure out how to do.

I'm at work so I cannot look at any of the files pertaining to historical battles, but I'm very curious.

An "easy" one to look at initially might be the Waterloo Battle as a French player. From experience, the script involved in this battle might be the simplest, which is "Everybody (UK Army) stand still until Wellington is killed, then charge". It might be the most simple of the historical battle scripts to reverse engineer.

Anyone had any looks at these battles to see what we can mess with?
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Default Re: Modding Historical Battles

It would be very interesting to look at the AI for this, as the unit behviour is very different in these scenarios and gives rise to a very different battle, but I have no idea where the files can be found.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

You can find the scripts for the battles in Data.pack/Napoleon_historical_battles/ and then there you can find the _battle_script and a _battle.xml

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Pretty complex as you would have to code for all eventuallities, it would take alot of dedication to make it work but its certainly possible.