Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Riczu74_CB_strategic_map_units/ships

"Is there any known bugs with this?"

I played the mod along 10 turns in RTW 1.3 and i havenīt found anything.You must only to be careful to made not to long ship,otherwise they will end with a lot of the ship over the land if you turn this near the cost.

"Have you tried inserting this into RTR or other Mods?"

No idea...this was only a test,that i made because our mod map will be much more bigger than the original map ...I heavenīt never thought of doing it into a separate mod,but if the others members of my team agree,why not...

"How does it behave on the campaign map?"

Gameplay screenshots:

Last edited by riczu74; November 03, 2005 at 09:06 AM.

could you make new ships for the battle map, too? (with this look)
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Nice!

1.Do these ships ever overlap? If they are in adjacent squares and facing in opposite direction don't they overlap? I would think from the size....

2.Would you be interested in making Japanese ships for our Jidai-no-ran mod?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

when will this be ready for download !!!?

Prof

for the battle map ? Is this possible? Are the naval battle not only automatic?

Asterix

"Do these ships ever overlap? If they are in adjacent squares and facing in opposite direction don't they overlap? I would think from the size...."

Only in the prebattle as you can seen and it isenīt so bad. :laughing:

"Would you be interested in making Japanese ships for our Jidai-no-ran mod?"

Sure,but at moment iīm to busy.Maybe next summer.

Lord_sgmorris

This is my first ship.Rome has more than 20 factions....maybe in a year

They look to me like the models for the far away ships in battle , may be this is what prof was referring to , if so then the ships are the same ....

naval battles could be possible too but would require retexturing of fields , use elephants as ships may be and anyway not sure it would look more than an arrow throwing battle.......

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

what i meant was: when you fight near the sea you sometimes see a fleet in the water. those look a bit weird. could need a reskin ^^
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

I think the models he used are the ones from battle scenes prof...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

How did they create the ships in the battle of Marathon on Desicive Battles show? Is there a special patch for RTW that CA didn't release? If yes, why not?
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Prof/Prometheus

No you are wrong.It isenīt the model of the ship you see on the battlefield.I use the strategic map cas model.The battlefield model are maybe a mix of this cas file with a standard cas or is the strategic map cas with other scale...i donīt īnow,but i will reserch.

Nice is the idea to do naval battle.I īnow from a mod about this... .Is this relased? The only thing i find is this,but i donīt īnow if this work

http://img.freeforumzone.it/upload/6...avalBattle.zip

If you want we can take this mod and make a better one,you for Res Gestae and i for Casus Belli. :laughing:

I didn't knew of the exhistence of this mod , tought it seems to work exactly as I was thinking , big meshes replacing the oliphants with the z axis of them lowered to merge part of them in the land , the problem is that it will always look like a go cart show , meaning the ships get close , the men shots their arrows , and after some collisions some ships turn on side ....I don't think there is any way to improve it due to the fact that we can't create new skeletons , and plus it would require to create a sea texture for one climate zone , and we cant animate those textures with slide types , also other units would be able to walk in this terrain like sort of miracle making troops , unless a heavy script prevents any unit apart the ships to walk on this land , but still should be all coastal and not on the sea a,d the ship units would still be land units on the strat map , I see so too many problems and disadvantages than real possibility to have naval battles , in the best hypothesis would be a crap looking naval battle I think ..... I think is better to focus just on other things that this one...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Default No problem

Maybe you are right

This can be an awesome mod!
    New pics on 24/4/2007

I have an Idea, I dont know if you can do it, but what about adding some little sailors on the deck? Making it look as if there are men on the deck since its bigger? That would be a nice touch. :-)

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Yes, I agree, you can add light infanrty on birimes, a little heavier on tririmes.... I know they won't be too big, but it's a nice idea.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

My friends you are late.I made a similar modell with soldiers 2 week ago.But the problem is that the vertex number will be to much big (> 18000)

what about seamonsters?

I found a way to reduce the vertex number.Now look my ship for the roman like this (only 4700 vertex) ,and more similar to the original one .

Pd.The mod will take many month to be finished,also if any modders will help me to made any models or will made models for his own mod.I īve no objections.

This is only a hobby for me not a fulltime job ... :sweatingb and "lt1956" no any modder can take a mod to be finished in 2 week :wink:
    Last edited by riczu74; November 17, 2005 at 09:38 PM.

Making models for SPQR and there were several didnt take 2 weeks. :-) Thats what I was speaking of, Models and skins arent really a mod. Game mechanics has to be changed to be a mod. But you did a nice job on those Ships. I hope you will share the roman ship model with some of us to see if we can help. Like I said I am contacting a couple people to see if we can get this done. It would be a nice addition to all the mods to have better ships.

You can still do the ones with the little men, right? It hink the men on there is worth it, makes it more realistic.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

This is my old model for the Roman ship. http://rapidshare.de/files/7873525/Roman_navy.rar.html .This will you help to see how it looks ingame and its a good way to test performance on your system .

Bye