Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Add Missing sounds in the Greek firethrower units.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: How to Add Missing sounds in the Greek firethrower units.

Hi Ishan, i'm trying to install this fix on King Kong's superweapons for Tatw, but i'm wondering.. i don't have those 3 crusade files on the path that you speak off.. so i thought weird but well i'll just try..

so i did everything else, copied everything in, took the 6 files and added those, changed heavy to light, delete the sound files, restart tatw, etc etc, but i still had musket fire..

so my first question, is this related to these files i don't own? (probably)
    could someone perhaps upload these files for me, seeming my own clean install doesn't have them?

In any case thank you very much have a nice day

Hi Hero of the West,

You need to unpack the game first in order to see those files i'm sure your crusade campaign folder is not unpacked. You can also specific unpack only the .evt files just read the tutorial for specific unpacking in my sig and use *.evt to extract those file types only that will save your time.

hi Ishan thanks for the help unfortunately it's not going to work.. my computer was missing some .dll to run it , i tried to install those but my antivirus is eating them.. can't catch a break

a friend of mine tried.. but he doesn't get how to unpack the file in the crusades folder, he only unpacks medieval vanilla he says.. wéll he had more succes then me

i'll lobby around the forum a bit for a while , i already wasted 2 hours on this because of bad luck

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Yeah, normal Win 7/Vista bs.

Copy all the msvc*.dll from the main Ediveal II Total War folder in with the unpack_crusades.bat is and run it.

Yeah do what Sir Ron suggested read this tutorial for unpacking it has the missing .dll files as well.

thanks for the help guys have some rep+ unfortunately still musket fire so i'll start once over with fixing try it again

If nothing works then upload all the files(in a .zip folder) that you modified i shall a take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    If nothing works then upload all the files(in a .zip folder) that you modified i shall a take a look at it.
    thank you very much i don't have much experience with aranging sounds.. i only worked once on a music mod and that was easier to my opinion

here are the files SEE EDIT it's an update for the MOS mod so it's based on those files.. all changes are off course made on the MOS files and files of vanilla if they wheren't in MOS.. so that's all fine

you also encounter file i used for KK's superweapons.. i'm also working the bugs out of that one.. so if you think of testing it, don't look weird if you see silver units, the sound bug, or a crash with harad unit.. hadn't had much time to work on those problems

thanks again for your help, very curious why the files aren't working.. the tutorial was more then sound so it's either a stupid mistake from my part or a weird error..

EDIT: the files i send where probably wrong.. somehow some files where overwritten.. this should be more correct http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJ19U3BU .. the problems aren't solved.. it was just right before sending yesterday i unpacked another mod by accident in the same folder overwriting alot i think.. also i made an error in campaignscript line 42777 needs an 9 otherwise you will get a parsing error..

grtz HotW..

ps sorry for the incovience..
    Last edited by Hero of the West; February 22, 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Sorry for responding so late bro but i was very busy.
    Anyways i checked the files and they are modded correctly at the right places. So my question is do you delete the .dat and .idx files in the mod\data\sounds folder prior to launching the mod? Coz without it your saved changes won't be detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Sorry for responding so late bro but i was very busy.
    Anyways i checked the files and they are modded correctly at the right places. So my question is do you delete the .dat and .idx files in the mod\data\sounds folder prior to launching the mod? Coz without it your saved changes won't be detected.
    yes i deleted all of the sounds except music, as stated in the thread

That's strange it should work without a hitch then.
    Hmm do one more thing then in your EDU the name for your unit is Firethrower rename that to Greek Firethrower. And delete the idx and dat files and check if that works.

hmm first i tried to put greek before it.. and remove files.. no effect.. then i tried going in the sound file and removing the greek part there.. then deleting the files, also no effect

Well i used the same method just 4-5 days ago now in Regions mod and it worked without a hitch not sure what's wrong in your mod setup, you have modded it correctly though.

well it's indeed a bit weird but not much we can do about it.. if it doesn't work it doesn't work it's not like i have ever heard greek fire in RL.. so musketfire it is

MerkeKING's Avatar Foederatus

Hi, a 14 years reply heh

I want to tell you about a method that, although it doesn't work, looks somewhat interesting.

Try to only pack the sounds of the flamethrower, just those. Nothing about ambient sounds, interface, anything.
    You will see that that folder only weighs 460KB, around there.
    Then, now the detail is to remove the sound files (IDX/data) from the Vanilla folder and only leave the Sounds folder empty in the Vanilla Med2 directory.
    Now do the same with the mod: delete all sound files.

Now open the mod and you will see how it packages the sounds. You will see that the SFX.dat file has EXACTLY the same weight as the folder; and if you try to unzip it with the IDX extractor tool, you will see that the flamethrower sounds ARE packed.

So, there is a code error there. Some command line is not being interpreted correctly.

Now I'm re-installing Medieval 2 because, anyway, deleting vanilla sounds to package those from a mod is not normal. After trying I will write how it went.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12