Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: - Preview II - The Barbarians -

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: - Preview II - The Barbarians -

Here is a Langobardi Warband warrior.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heerbann_langobardi.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	279082

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

He looks really dangerous, thanks for a preview

And he does have a long beard

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Sign of a true Longobard Has he got also hair on the back part of his head shaved? Why his tunic is black-white striped? I would except a common barbarian warrior to wear more faded clothes. Btw. Does a Longobardi unit means that Longobardi faction is still in or is it just AOR/mercanery unit? My guess was that Longobardi are the faction left in favour of Kushano-Kidarites.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; May 23, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

Has he got also hair on the back part of his head shaved?
    For this unit, yes.

Why his tunic is black-white striped? I would except a common barbarian warrior to wear more faded clothes.
    I am a proponent of the theory that clothing of this era`s warriors was colorful, let it be be civilized or Barbarian factions.
    Common levied peasants, however, are another matter ...

Btw. Does a Longobardi unit means that Longobardi faction is still in or is it just AOR/mercanery unit? My guess was that Longobardi are the faction left in favour of Kushano-Kidarites.
    The Langobardi are in the game.
    Due the faction got replaced by the Kushano-Kidarites make another educated guess

I am a proponent of the theory that clothing of this era`s warriors was colorful, let it be be civilized or Barbarian factions.
    Common levied peasants, however, are another matter ...
    I can see a reason in such theory.
    Due the faction got replaced by the Kushano-Kidarites make another educated guess
    I have made a complete analysis considering faction importance at the start date of the mod and later during the timeframe of the mod, gamplay balance, popularity of the faction among the players and information we have from previews and yours and Joars answers to our question

The WRE: major power, certainly in
    The ERE: major power certainly in
    Imperium Constantini:I could imagine it merged with Romano British or represented by rebels but roman factions are quite popular among the players so I guess it is probably still in
    The Romano British: not very important player on the world stage, their history is quite obscure but they were one of the most popular factions in previous versions of IBFD so I suppose they are probably in althought I could imagine them being part of IC faction or rebel
    The Sassanids: major power, certainly in
    The Persarmenians: previewed faction, important balancing factor between Rome and Persia, almost certainly in
    The Lakhmids: the same as the Armenians, very probably in
    The Mauri: previewed faction, counter balance for Roman southward expansion, culturaly unique but historicaly not major power on world stage, probably still in
    The Huns: major power, certainly in
    The Hephthalites: alredy previewed faction, major power in the east, almost certainly still in
    The Slavs: not united and quite obscure faction at the start of the mod, more important later in the 6th century, still quite unique culturaly, I really hope they are still as they are one of my most favourite factions but in other hand I am afraid there is still enough resons for them to be a probable candidate for replaced faction
    The Picts: did not have any importance outside the British Isles but on the other hand they are very unique faction both culturaly and unitwise, makes a counterbabalance for Romano British expansion to the North and other important factor farcations located on British Isles are ususaly very popular among mases, but I still consider them one of the most possible candidate to be replaced
    The Alamani: at the start date still an important faction pushing on Roman borders at Rhine, but later on the Franks and the Burgundii became a bigger threat on on Rhine Limes and finaly at the end of the fift century they lost their independence tot he Franks, potential candidate for replaced faction
    The Burgundii: quite important power in 5th century, IMO, probably still in
    The Longobardi: alredy confirmed
    The Franks: important power, certainly in
    The Saxons: quite important in their region and also a popular faction, almost certainly still in
    The Visigoths: certainly still in
    The Ostrogoths: vasals of the Huns in first decades of the mod but later they become very important players on the European stage, very probably still in
    The Vandals: major power, certainly still in

Excellent analysis.

As promised, here is a Vandal unit - A heavy Spearman:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vandal_Heavy_Spear.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	281757

Enjoy and comment!

Looks good, I like the shield pattern and a colorful tunic under the armour.

Agent007's Avatar Civis

Good, and I like the fact that this heavy spearman also looks menacing somehow, with the dark tones in the armour and the red on the shield.

On popular wish, here is Galic unit:

A naked ( ) Berserker:

Name:	Gael_Naked_Berserker.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	288656

Enjoy and feel free to comment

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    On popular wish, here is Galic unit:

A naked ( ) Berserker:

Name:	Gael_Naked_Berserker.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	288656

Enjoy and feel free to comment
    so we get to see guys with winking smiley faces for crown jewels charging on us?
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

No, you will get the full version of his crown jewels. The winkey smiley is for youth protection

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

No, you will get the full version of his crown jewels. The winkey smiley is for youth protection
    yeah, because I was going to level with you and say that it is scarier with the smiley on
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

great!!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Here is a Langobardi Warband warrior.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heerbann_langobardi.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	279082

... all the previews are simply fantastic! But this one is my preferred guy! Gaiten do you know that he is almost perfect? Sadly the Fascist rules of TWC prevent me to give you some rep, but sooner or later it will be done! This is a Langobard Sacred Oath in the name of Vodan!

You are welcom, Diocle.
    If you are interested you may visit my Deviant page (-> http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/)

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I've given you a Lama badge Gaiten!
    I hope you like it and ....... it may also speed up the realise ..... the lamas are great workers .......

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    I hope you like it and ....... it may also speed up the realise ..... the lamas are great workers .......
    And headstrong

Stunning. Just stunning, especially the portraits. I cannot tell you how perfect I think they are.

Just please include the Slavs as a faction, thank you.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast