Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Enlightenment

Default Re: Age of Enlightenment

Awesome work

Thanks to everyone

I will soon post some updates but right now i'm very busy with RL, but AOE is moving !
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

cool! this has potential to be better than empire itself!

1 word: AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i finally don't have to settle for the slow battles of sword fighting! I have been working on a private Napoleonic mod myself by converting Napoleonic 2 from Rome into medieval but ill just give up on that cause of this. I didn't get anywhere anyways other than ideas. Oh and will you be using the bigmap mod as a starting line? Please say no as I think Europe just fine size as in vanilla (well that and it lags my comp horribly.) What you should do is keep the European territories about the same but make the population of the cities much higher (like in 1815 or so the pop of London was 1mil) to real in more gold. Oh and another thing you should ask the people who made Napoleonic 2 mod for Rome about using there cannons and howitzers. Oh and 1 more thing: as i never have got to the Americas in medieval 2 (because I don't like sword fights) I would like to know 1 thing: does the cities in the Americas set up trade routes to Europe? If so you should think about the thing about making the little sea lane in Africa. Honestly I think this mod will be the best EVER!

EDIT: I just got the ability to add rep (idk how) so +rep
    Last edited by TheRoyalGuard1; June 26, 2010 at 09:32 PM.

thanks for the feeddback.

as for map this mod have his own map made from scratch wich features more than empire (3 theaters together) and european factions will on they majority start with colonies so this factor will make the territories out of europe not free of bloodshed.

on the mod colonies will be important role, not only for unique colonial troops but also for resources wich will be important part of the revenue and vital for the expansion.

also for this mod the population growth and such need be modified

as for napoleonic wars the mod will end at the rise of napoleon and also important feature the american revolution war.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    thanks for the feeddback.

as for map this mod have his own map made from scratch wich features more than empire (3 theaters together) and european factions will on they majority start with colonies so this factor will make the territories out of europe not free of bloodshed.

on the mod colonies will be important role, not only for unique colonial troops but also for resources wich will be important part of the revenue and vital for the expansion.

also for this mod the population growth and such need be modified

as for napoleonic wars the mod will end at the rise of napoleon and also important feature the american revolution war.
    after you release the mod, will you make some kind of "late campaign" that let the player play as Republican France, the United States, etc?

this mod is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from release, but a late campaign would be great but for now i'm just focusing on the main mod

hey is the beta of this game going to be an open beta or private?

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

I have a question as well, how does the M2TW engine handle the highly detailed models from ETW? Does it lag the game?

well so far is working normally, i've been playing custom battles with units in "large" setting and video all on max and for me this doesn't lag, but this is relative (depending your specs) but no this doesn't lag

Those are some great news thanks for the info ataegina

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

Ataegina, do you need mapper? I can try to make the map, something like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Empire TW game that always we have dreamed!
    Last edited by Hereje; June 30, 2010 at 08:15 AM.

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

Caused by lag.

wow o.o

thats great and yes i need a mapper, my only concern is the landmass will be bigger enough to have enough cities, for example will british isles have space to have like few cities? i've tested a world map in the download section and result this covered the whole world but landmass was very very small, this barely had enough room for two regions in british isles.

so yes big map, but ensuring theres space for settlements without be all crowded if you want do the map, welcome aboard AOE

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

I'll try it.

Sassori's Avatar Tiro
    Inside a mountain cavern, surrounded by old monitors and old PCs. And a black dog.

Very nice project!

We needed an "illuminati" M2TW mod! are you planning to add new artillery units?

yes theres 3 modified cannons from mtw2 more the mortar model, featuring from 3 to 24lber (cannon ball, explosive shell, grapeshot).

prussian grenadiers (muskets on first line looks a bit odd on the screenshot but ingame is working fine)

Nice.

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Great job with the mod, looks amaizing!
    REP++