Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Enlightenment

Default Re: Age of Enlightenment

Quote Originally Posted by MemduhG View Post
    Looks good +rep. Can I help out?
    sure
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

are those empire or ntw units or did you made them yourself?

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

is etw units, i don't have ntw (is too expensive for a addon wich is selled as "new game"), also just vanilla or mods not DLC , all i do is convert, assign skeleton, re-work skins, and make the weapon models and misc stuff

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I really dont know how to play with etw files. Im just a m2tw modeler. Ill try and make some things from scratch for you. What do you need?
    shum

well right now i need a proper bones assignment, checking the models

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

mod looks better and beter every day, +rep
    Last edited by Hrobatos; June 09, 2010 at 04:27 PM.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    more goodies

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Those units are excellent! I wish you all the best of luck with this mod Ataegina!
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

at moment i'm stuck at issue of the elephants, mtw2 elephants have towers so except for the one wich is "driving" the others are standing up at the tower shooting the muskets.

so at this moment make them work as mtw2 "elephants" unit with new models one rider + 2 standing up at tower shooting or using mtw2_hr_arquebus on the elephant works fine but death animation is a bit messed up.

suggestions?

Icon10 Re: Age of Enlightenment

### Update 18 June ###

the campaign map (this just shows what will cover in area, i will post ingame screenshots later)

- America (north,central, part of south)
    - Europe
    - Africa (north, central)
    - Middle east
    - Asia (into Bay of Bengal)

Factions:

austria
    bavaria
    britain
    cherokee (minor faction)
    denmark-norway
    france
    france-republic (emergent faction if conditions are favourable, unplayable)
    hannover
    iroquois (minor faction)
    marathas
    mughals
    netherlands
    ottomans
    poland-lithuania
    portugal
    prussia
    russia
    safavids
    spain
    sweden
    united states (emergent faction if conditions are favourable, unplayable)
    venice

Credits & Thanks

Gigantus for bare kingdoms, help with fix ctd's and his tutorials
    B. Ward for his modder resources packs, wich have been using a base templates for the coa's

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

nice, +rep

with that map how exactly do you plan on having india accessable by sea, if you would want that possible?? It would really defeat the purpose of colonizing india to have europe's only option to reach it by land.

well for that this would require a much larger map, and larger map leaves the problem of make balanced choice of settlements (regions) and even worse make landmass of continents looking very small, for instance great britain in world map scale map would barely host more than 2 regions.

note not even ETW have a direct access to america or india, uses the theaters selection ! also make large scale map is not easy to make from a scratch like the one used on this mod, its alot of work

about colonizing the mod is most focused in europe and americas, since mod will focus in the great wars of 18 century and revolutions (french and american), india will only be accessible by land or if you get control of one of the arabic sea ports.

india, well india will focus on the rise of the marathas and the survival of the mughals and of course european factions will be present there at time by protecting their interest (ie portugal and the dutch).
    Last edited by Ataegina; June 20, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

Very interesting...
    So is this mod essentially an ETW conversion, or are you just using ETW units to save time? What I mean is, are you going to try and make it identical to ETW with regions, and the use of gentlemen etc, or will you change these things and just use ETW units to speed up the mod-making process?

double post
    Last edited by \Vazul's Ghost/; June 20, 2010 at 03:09 AM.

As you are ahving Africa in this mod, you can also add some african native faction(Benin, Congo and Ethiopia for example)

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    Very interesting...
    So is this mod essentially an ETW conversion, or are you just using ETW units to save time? What I mean is, are you going to try and make it identical to ETW with regions, and the use of gentlemen etc, or will you change these things and just use ETW units to speed up the mod-making process?

short answer is yes, would be madness spent months making new models and skins when etw have all and only needs be imported to mtw2, this is the same of medieval mods in rtw wich used mtw2 models and skins

yes will use etw campaign features in map, but unlike etw we can use 200 regions and change the map as we want so dont expect to see france as a single region or spain NO no country will be one region ONLY anymore

so uses etw units and models and concept but using mtw2 full potential and bring back some fun and events, and all stuff making a more fun campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Wert View Post
    As you are ahving Africa in this mod, you can also add some african native faction(Benin, Congo and Ethiopia for example)
    Well for now will have some aor units and some specific units to represent the natives, regarding factions for now i dont have any planned, but isnt out of question. who knows what the future will brings

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

This mod has caught my interest. I'd love to help if I knew how to make textures and skin units, need to learn that. (I have photoshop and a college class in photoshop so that is a start I suppose, heh)
    Last edited by Sigma; June 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM.

well for that this would require a much larger map, and larger map leaves the problem of make balanced choice of settlements (regions) and even worse make landmass of continents looking very small, for instance great britain in world map scale map would barely host more than 2 regions.

note not even ETW have a direct access to america or india, uses the theaters selection ! also make large scale map is not easy to make from a scratch like the one used on this mod, its alot of work

about colonizing the mod is most focused in europe and americas, since mod will focus in the great wars of 18 century and revolutions (french and american), india will only be accessible by land or if you get control of one of the arabic sea ports.

india, well india will focus on the rise of the marathas and the survival of the mughals and of course european factions will be present there at time by protecting their interest (ie portugal and the dutch).
    this may seem a bit historically inaccurate on a large scale but you could just make a pixel-sized line of water at the very bottom of africa so that ships could reach india. no?

and about the focus being on europe and the americas, you could add more colonial factions like mexico and columbia and, according to this map, maybe brazil too. it seems you have quite a few empty faction slots. the limit is 31 or 32 factions, right? and if empire doesn't have the faction you could just make the unit uniforms a different color since that's all empire's units are anyway

cutting africa and turn into fantasy continent, hmm no

i know its not the best option but access india will be by land or by foreigner ports, the reason of india and bit of asia be present is the fact of india be a country with long history and wealth and also make the mod not only eurocentric, so this way will give an chance of play and see or re-made history by playing as a non-european country, plus why not india? wasnt india the british empire crown jewel?

adding colonial factions would be great but so far the team is just me and adding extra factions (skins,models,etc) to my current list would turn this mod impossible to see daylight. find me few more team members and we can talk about extra factions

short answer is yes, would be madness spent months making new models and skins when etw have all and only needs be imported to mtw2, this is the same of medieval mods in rtw wich used mtw2 models and skins

yes will use etw campaign features in map, but unlike etw we can use 200 regions and change the map as we want so dont expect to see france as a single region or spain NO no country will be one region ONLY anymore

so uses etw units and models and concept but using mtw2 full potential and bring back some fun and events, and all stuff making a more fun campaign

Well for now will have some aor units and some specific units to represent the natives, regarding factions for now i dont have any planned, but isnt out of question. who knows what the future will brings
    Awesome to hear! This project is going to be awesome; Great work Ataegina!