Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E3 - Ideas?

murder_mayhem's Avatar Miles

Icon5 E3 - Ideas?

What do you think they will reveal at E3
    I was originally thinking the title & the sort of info on IGN and PC Gamer and a trailer not in game engine
    But after they have already said all that pre-E3 i am hoping that they might have some actual gameplay
    We can only hope eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Central Asian Qaghan View Post
    My condolences to any Muslims hurt in this attack.

Default Re: E3 - Ideas?

Yeah, I think we might see some screenshots and videos, that'd be nice.

i dont think we will see too much.
    probably more information on the game, i really hope they tell something about hero units, because i dont like what ign wrote
    and probably another teaser, i think it is too soon for screenies and ingame videos, but maybe CA is good for a surprise

Whats the problem with the hero units? That sounds awesome to me. Unless they are extremely easy to get, then it might be a little stupid.

Since CA claims that Shogun II is currently in the pre-alpha development stage, I strongly doubt that we'll see gameplay screenshots or videos at E3 2010.
    Last edited by Antissa; June 07, 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TW Junkie View Post
    Whats the problem with the hero units? That sounds awesome to me. Unless they are extremely easy to get, then it might be a little stupid.
    i mean overpowered heros, rumors say that ca is planning on icluding heros of stories and so on. i am open to heros like in M2TW kingdoms or NTW

Quote Originally Posted by Prisca View Post
    Since CA claims that Shogun II is currently in the pre-alpha development stage, I strongly doubt that we'll see gameplay screenshots or videos at E3 2010.

Their booth will probably feature Mr.Kieran Brigden and another CA Employee displaying the promotional video, concept art, and showing off a list of "amazing and revolutionary" features that will be in the game.

I base this on absolutely nothing, but my gutfeeling tells me theyre probably further along than they lead us to think.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Im expecting the announcement of the fact that the Peninsular GC for Napoleon is being released the 15th(or in that same week) ,and i am Desperately hoping for some more screens,artwork or whatever on Shogun II !

Irish guy's Avatar Semisalis

Hoping for gameplay, expecting more concept art and perhaps a Q&A.

Mods I use:
    Europa Barbarorum.
    Stainless Steel.
    Third Age Total War.
    Darth Mod (S2TW)
    Radious (Attilla)

Steam Profile: Sir Killsalot

Nack's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Maizel View Post
    I base this on absolutely nothing, but my gutfeeling tells me theyre probably further along than they lead us to think.
    Yeah, developers tend to do this on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisca View Post
    Well, I think I might remember that we also saw screenshots of Medieval 2 pretty early after announcing it, so I hope for something like that.
    Would be great to get a impression in which direction they move.

eran's Avatar Domesticus

Even if its Pre-Alpha they will show us somthing new, not a playable demo but trailer with some pictures taken from the game itself, because two trailers that show nothing from the game itself is really too much.
    As you can see the showd us Napoleon before it was ready too and the same about empire with its strange map.

We'll probably get the full teaser trailer at E3 (It ended weird, I doubt that was the whole thing) and some gameplay footage/screenshots.

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

If there isn't something more visual than concept art to show off at E3, I doubt they'd bother going. The art with seen is cool and everything, but it's hardly going to get people to take notice at a show like E3.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

I want to see screens of the castles and land in naval battles. Mind you Empire's alpha screenshots also feature actual cities and land in sea battles. They even had the audacity to show land in the background of the picture on the back of the box!
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Ward View Post
    If there isn't something more visual than concept art to show off at E3, I doubt they'd bother going. The art with seen is cool and everything, but it's hardly going to get people to take notice at a show like E3.
    This.
    Aside from that, and even though it probably won't happen, a glimpse at the map would be nice. (Mainly so we could stop all that "ZOMG, only 8 total factions??7?")

Innos's Avatar Campidoctor

I would be very surprised if they showed anything in-game. And if it is, it most probably wouldn't reflect what the end product will look like (anybody remember those very early Empire Total War screenshots?). It might be some artwork, or at a push an announcement of a proposed new feature. I doubt there will be anything substantial, in my opinion it's too early yet.
    U.L.B.C. | W.B.C.

"Rowing is the only sport that originated as a form of capital punishment."

-Joker-'s Avatar Semisalis

screenshots at the minimum and if we are a lucky a small clip

Hope they do some demonstrations at their booth...

akin to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_F_5gvVnMc

That would be true immersion!!!

I believe they're the persons that do the motion capturing for the TW games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast