Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Ottoman Empire

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Ottoman Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yes the sources for Karamanids and Aydinids are extremely limited. Tureuki our Turkish historian has created two unique rosters. We have created new units for them using the Anatolian Principalities units and our own Ottomans. So they are a nice mix between the two. They each have their own flavours with the Aydinids focusing more on lighter marine style units while the Karamanids on heavier units and also more Turkoman and Tatar (given also their proximity to the Ilkhanids historically). They also get a few Arab mercenary units too.
    Ah yeah, that sounds cool. Don't know why, but I am somehow kinda pumped for Karaman. They are gonna be tough as hell against the Ottos and even worse, the Timmies.

Edit: Btw: How exactly did the relatios between Karaman and the Mongolic successor dynasties looked like? Just asking, because today I found a couple of nice manuscripts from pre-Timurid Persia. If they are of any use I could post them here.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; December 07, 2016 at 05:32 PM.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Yup, the beyliks will be interesting to play.
    Im sure i will try Aydin campaign as soon as we release the campaign version.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    Ah yeah, that sounds cool. Don't know why, but I am somehow kinda pumped for Karaman. They are gonna be tough as hell against the Ottos and even worse, the Timmies.

Edit: Btw: How exactly did the relatios between Karaman and the Mongolic successor dynasties looked like? Just asking, because today I found a couple of nice manuscripts from pre-Timurid Persia. If they are of any use I could post them here.
    Historically the Timurids actually took as allies disaffected Turkoman tribes in Anatolia. They reinstated the Karamanids which had previously become an Ottoman client state.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

If they are of any use, I have posted the manuscripts in an other thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15193248

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

I really love how colorful you made this time period. I especially really love the Deli cavalry! Great work

Btw would it be possible to include a unit of recruitable Silhadar to represent a Kapikulu cav? They would be an interessting counterpart to the Paramonai guard cavalry and I think it would be a perfect fit for the guard as represented in the mod

Thank you for your kind words and support. Yes, we already have a Kapikulu Sipahi cavalry which is not present in this preview. There is also a heavy infantry Baltadji guard unit which is not in this preview.

Uf that sounds amazing. Is there any chance you could show them? Imho you are pretty much our mod only for the late middle ages for me, the amount of dedication is amazing!

Man I need this mod so bad

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Here you go

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Oh hell yeah!! They look badass! Will the Kapikulu Sipahi get a "late variant" armor upgrade like the normal ones too? What are those big two headed axes called?

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

So amazing!

so detailed, will you have a janissary swordsmen unit btw? I see them portrayed in a lot of paintings with the typical janissary outfit and a sword but almost never see them in mods or the vanilla game?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Wagh View Post
    so detailed, will you have a janissary swordsmen unit btw? I see them portrayed in a lot of paintings with the typical janissary outfit and a sword but almost never see them in mods or the vanilla game?
    Yes, we have a Neffer Janissary swordsman unit. It is the same as the Neffer Janissary archers but with a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Oh hell yeah!! They look badass! Will the Kapikulu Sipahi get a "late variant" armor upgrade like the normal ones too? What are those big two headed axes called?
    I don't think they have an upgrade the Kapikulu, I am not sure though. Ottomans have a very large roster so it is not really a priority. Also, there is the issue of them having too many janissary type units and the janissaries only appeared about 20 or so years after mod start date.

I think that the axe is called a 'balta'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltadji

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yes, we have a Neffer Janissary swordsman unit. It is the same as the Neffer Janissary archers but with a sword.

I don't think they have an upgrade the Kapikulu, I am not sure though. Ottomans have a very large roster so it is not really a priority. Also, there is the issue of them having too many janissary type units and the janissaries only appeared about 20 or so years after mod start date.

I think that the axe is called a 'balta'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltadji
    Phew the Ottoman roster is pretty awesome. I will probably play them first. Well you could maybe script them to appear in the campaign 20 years into the game like we do it with the hellenistic Thureos and late reforms. I dunno what that would mean for their earlier gameplay but it's probably more of an Azap and Sipahi gameplay then?

Those neffer ones also look really cool, but I mean a janissary swordsmen unit with that famous hat they wore with the long part at the back. I've seen them around in quite a few paintings with swords so I reckon they'd be accurate

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Phew the Ottoman roster is pretty awesome. I will probably play them first. Well you could maybe script them to appear in the campaign 20 years into the game like we do it with the hellenistic Thureos and late reforms. I dunno what that would mean for their earlier gameplay but it's probably more of an Azap and Sipahi gameplay then?
    Yes, we have the janissaries appear after the janissary reform of Murad I. Indeed, the earlier gameplay will be restricted to yayas, azaps, nokers , turkomans and sipahis. It will be harder and they will need to rely on having higher number of troops until the janissaries unlock. But then they will be very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Wagh View Post
    Those neffer ones also look really cool, but I mean a janissary swordsmen unit with that famous hat they wore with the long part at the back. I've seen them around in quite a few paintings with swords so I reckon they'd be accurate
    As mentioned before we already have an exaggerated number of janissaries (I think there are about 7-8 janissary units) and the ottomans do not need another unarmoured unit. As such, we chose to have only the neffers with swords. They are janissaries too but wear more armour making it a better unit.

Fair enough

Trust me iv seen those units and they are great