Thread: Building tech tree

fumle's Avatar Civis
    Denmark, the little black spot in europe...

Default Building tech tree

Hey
    I liked the concenpt behind the building trees in stw and mtw, the "new" one however aka the one used in rtw to ntw is pretty simple i guess CA did that for new players, but for me i think it made the building tree is way to simple and to easy to rush...
    What does you think?

For those of you who don't know what im blabberign about:
    in stw and mtw: you had to combine building to unlock advanced units, this means you could train lower tier troops with a simpel spear dojo, but if you wanted lets say heavy cavalry you needed some advanced stabels + a swordsmith (if i remeber correctly^^). This did not mean that one have to build every damn building to get some decent units, but it meant that you had to plan your building procejts better to spare ressources etc.

In rtw and m2tw: if you wanted infatry you simply needded to upgrade barracks, if you wanted archery you had to upgrade archery etc. but this made it very easy to get hier tiers units, you coudl take 3 castels clsoe to each other and "specialse" them, one focus inf another focus archery and a last one focus cavalry, in a few turns you could get those castels to produce a elite army.

in etw and ntw: same system as above, but one building to inf and cavalry and another to cannons, thsi is probaly reallistic since more or less all of the units was armed in more or less the same way.

btw. i like the concept that some buildings are builded troughout the region, that shoudl stay forever!

/Fumle
    "Quantity has a quality all its own" Joseph Vissarionovitj Stalin.

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Building tech tree

I wouldn't mind either way. I agree that towns outside the capital settlement should remain regardless of what some lazy players say.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Dodanodo's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Building tech tree

yes altough one thing has to go. schools in towns. bad idear. think about it. the most important place to develop new tech. especially in those times, you don't but that in an unprotected town, but behind high city walls. I thought that was kind of silly in Empire.

anyway, yes I agree with your idears.

Credit to Noif the Bodemloze for the signature.