11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PASSED[Citizen] elfdude (Patron : Tankbuster )

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default PASSED[Citizen] elfdude (Patron : Tankbuster )

Client: elfdude

Client :
    Quote Originally Posted by elfdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankbuster
    What will you bring to TWC, why do you deserve to be able to be a citizen, and in short why should we let you be a citizen?
    I really don't know tankbuster, telling people my value is something that pretty much conflicts with my basic ideals of humility. My value is something that I desire to be obvious, through my action and motivation.

I find it as difficult to patronize myself as someone who has difficultly declaring one’s traits in any way objectively better than another’s traits. I will not even pretend that my posts are without flaw or offer something unique. In the end all I have to offer is my motivation to do the right thing and to help people. I do make mistakes; I will be the first to admit that. Still, I offer intelligence and knowledge to those who will listen. I answer questions completely and as accurately as I can manage.

I do love the debate and discourse forums and I even do frequent art and modding forums but the only contributions which mean anything to me are the ones that help other people. Whether that’s helping someone who is misinformed, ignorant or presumptuous overcome their biased perspectives by enlightening them or helping a kid realize his mother’s actions speak of her love for him or whether it’s offering confidence to ask the girl of their dreams out, I do not mind. I’m willing to put in time and effort towards that end.

In reflection, I’ve developed an attachment to this website and my feelings for the people who frequent it has been transcribed onto the forum that presents me with the opportunity to reach them. If there was any real reason I would want to be a citizen that would be it.

Patron: Tankbuster

Patron :
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankbuster
    Greetings, members of the CDeC!

I'm very proud to propose elfdude to you as a potential citizen/civitate. Since his application is (characteristically) humble, I thought I would do the task of promoting the heck out of him, as he rightly deserves.

I first noticed elfdude for his posts in the Athenaeum: he has a broad knowledge about various scientific subjects and demonstrates it often, like here and here.
    He also posts regularly in the EMM, where he's often the start of a thought-provoking discussion like here or simply a good contributor to the debate like here and here.
    On top of that (and the reason why I eventually chose to patronise him) I was for his exquisite contributions in the PH&A like here or here.
    The amazing thing is that I hardly had to search for these gems: go through his list of posts and you'll find that many of his posts are this way: almost invariably informative and conducive to further debate.

Due to his frequent posts in the D&D (especially the EMM and Athenaeum), he's gotten into some heated discussions, yet has managed to always keep his cool. That in itself is laudable quality, and it's why he has only gotten in trouble with the law on two occasions: (i) one zero point infraction for proposing medical marijuana as a possible solution for concentration problems and (ii) another zero point infraction for "inflammatory remarks" against basics. As far as I can see, however, he's quite courteous and respectful and I don't foresee any major problems with local TWC law enforcement.

In short, elfdude is a great contributor to the site in terms of intellectual capacity and overall helpfulness, and I trust he will wear the Civitate badge with pride and dignity when he cruises through the D&D or the PH&A.

Cheerio, and thanks for hearing us out

Matt
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

Default Re: [Citizen] elfdude (Patron : Tankbuster )

The posts Tankbuster has linked to are absolute gems. I'm going to search through the rest of his posts later on.

Also, he has two notes - do what you will with that

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

notes dont count

voting yes

I know, but some here might take a harsher stance on such things then others. When judging a candidate, we should have and use all possible information on them

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

damn you and your ability to view notes :

You'll be back.

one day man

For those who can't view those notes.

Both are issued for insulting others. One in March and one in May 2010. Considering they are for insulting others it might be wise to have a closer look on his attitude.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    For those who can't view those notes.

Both are issued for insulting others. One in March and one in May 2010. Considering they are for insulting others it might be wise to have a closer look on his attitude.
    Agreed. No matter if his posts are well-written if he is an absolute horror to be around he's not citizen material. However, considering he is being patronized, he must be doing something right. When it comes to a considerate attitude and respect for one another, a citizen must contain a goodly portion of both. But we each judge this differently.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

If the notes are indicative of a trend it will be perceptible in his other posts by way of a heated tone or other indicators. The examples provided are good, I will need to sleuth some aside from that though as obviously the highlighted posts should represent the cream of the crop.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

I'm on the fence about this. btw are the notes recent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

The posts are splendid, but I will wait for someone with a bit more D&D experience to tell their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    I'm on the fence about this. btw are the notes recent?
    29 May 2010

14 March 2010

For me they are recent notes and that's the reason why we should go a bit deeper in to this members posts. But that's my opinion on this.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; June 08, 2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

I agree with Hesus, those notes are very recent.

Content Emeritus

They are indeed recent, deeper we shall search!
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Mehhh, recent notage. In the D&D that is a bad indicator of possible behavior to come. Still, I like his posts.

I'm going to go ahead and vote yes. He is a good poster, and willing to help people. I haven't seen anything incriminating in the way of bad behaviour other then those notes. If the notes are indeed an indication of what is to come, it should be dealt with when it comes - we shouldn't be judging candidates on what they could possibly do, but what they've done

Content Emeritus

Ended up voting yes, I too like his posts.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

I agree with Elzabar. His posts are good and I think they are sufficient for citizenship. If it proves later that those notes were a warning of what to come, we will have to deal with it. We cannot judge him on what he may do in the future. Voting yes.

having considered his posts, i'm voting yes.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Voted yes as well, for basically the same reasons stated above. I find his approach refreshing and the stimulus of his argumentation logically sound. The server downtime cut my assessment of this user a bit short, but what I've read is enough to get my vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast