Thread: New Here

Default New Here

Hey guys, I am new to twcenter, but I have been playing Total War games for a long time now. I really want something different rather than just playing Empire and Napoleon all the time. I really would like to play one of the mods created for either of the game but I do not know how to use the mods. I tried once but I know I did it wrong and would just like some help with placing it on my computer so I can still enjoy playing these two great games. I guess it just seems a little daunting for me to try and mod the game because I am not that great with computers.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: New Here

Ok its dead simple really, bold text denotes stuff you need to change as it depends on your computer user account name etc.

Download the mod you want and extract it from the zip or rap file to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\data
    (that only applies to win 7/vista but will be similar on xp which is differnt as it only has one forlder called program files).

Then look at the mod readme on the thread and see what what it tells you to place in your USER.SCRIPTwhich is found in
    C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts
    Note appadata is a hidden folder so either type appdata after C:\users\yourusername\ so it becomes C:\users\yourusername\appdata then navigate manualy or enable the veiwing of hidden files and folders.

In your user.script you then need to add the pack names of the mod (a mod consists of one or more .pack files where all the data is stored).
    They go in the script in this format
    mod "modname.pack";
    Not that not all the packs need to go in the script so check the install instructions of the mod you want.
    Heres is my complete user.script
    mod "balloon.pack";
    mod "GreatWar3.8.pack";
    mod "landbattle.pack";
    mod "flame.pack";
    If your user.script does not exist then you need to make a new one, simply right click go new/textfile, rename it user.script and enter the mod names and save. Make sure the encoding is Unicode (should be default).
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; June 05, 2010 at 08:05 AM.