Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blood, Guts, and Gore!?....

Default Blood, Guts, and Gore!?....

Thanks to Shireknight, his little insight/clued statement gets me thinking...

"I'm as blind as a bat, I've been staring at the cover picture of Shogun 2 for hours and I've just noticed it has a huge 18 certificate warning stuck on it"

Is he speaking about an "age-restriction" warning??? If so, no more "Blood Mod" (which imho, was done well) need and we may have actual limbs and cut up people in this TW!!! Now I am, by no means, blood thirsty, however this type of warfare (as well as all war) is gruesome and if deplicted correctly, may create some Total Immersion!

In addition... Cantopsynch states on the same topic (page 3) that Shireknight may be refering to..."firstly, erm...I think what shire is refering to is a historical character who cut his own head off, during a charge, to inspire his men to bravery! ". Dismemberment... wow!

Thoughts???

taken from: http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...ay.html?page=2

Kuhndog's Avatar Centurion

Default Re: Blood, Guts, and Gore!?....

Hopefully so. Maybe they curse in Japanese?
    Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar

I'd like the option. But to be honest, I'd rather spent my system resources in having that much more men on screen at once than elaborate gore.

Quote Originally Posted by Maizel View Post
    I'd like the option. But to be honest, I'd rather spent my system resources in having that much more men on screen at once than elaborate gore.
    Me too I guess. No blood has never hurt me before I guess.

Agreed to all of the above... but for those who have the ability to max it out... why not?!?!? should be interesting!

I had posted about this in that thread the same thing a while ago, I would definitely hope so. The thing is, I doubt they would need to change the age certificate from the current 16+. I mean, 15 rated films have lots of blood and gore in them anyway so the same should carry over for games if CA so wish.

They don't have to go for all out limbs chopping off, blood spurting everywhere, and people getting decapitated, but some proper blood coming out of dead bodies, and blood coming out of sword/arrow/bullet injuries would help add to the immersion greatly. Like I said on the other forums, I mean no offence to the current blood mods out there, but some "proper" blood included in the actual game would look much more realistic and better than what we can manage to get with blood mods.

I can't see anything holding CA back from including some good ol' fashioned blood and gore and there is no reason why it wouldn't add to the experience; war after all is not meant to be a pretty thing
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Check out the concept art released by IGN. Lots of blood there. And the 16+ rating this time leads me to believe we will at least get M2TW gore and hopefully more
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Well the samurai were well know for cutting off heads (and even examining them after battle) so I think it would be appropriate to include that level of violence. The previous Total Wars were way too 'clean' and completely unrepresentative of 'Total War' and the brutality that came with it.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

i agree "a tw player" with ya... but at the same time disagree; i'm not talking "kill bill" type of gore... just actual war gore; thus decapitation is a must!!! we have masters of the sword on the battlefield and you should get at least a few of em

anyways... what shireknight is speaking of is "18"...

yes the trailer says 16... but what do you think shireknight is talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Ragga View Post
    i agree "a tw player" with ya... but at the same time disagree; i'm not talking "kill bill" type of gore... just actual war gore; thus decapitation is a must!!! we have masters of the sword on the battlefield and you should get at least a few of em

16 for Europe and 18 for US?

i like that thinking kuhndog !

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Well the samurai were well know for cutting off heads (and even examining them after battle) so I think it would be appropriate to include that level of violence. The previous Total Wars were way too 'clean' and completely unrepresentative of 'Total War' and the brutality that came with it.
    This.

i like that thinking kuhndog !
    Thank you kind sir.

Yeah I know, decapitation would be great (I know, I'm now sounding like a blood crazed maniac lol), but I was talking about what you could get away with just the current 16+ rating. Ie. they wouldn't even need to change the age rating to achieve that.

The other draw-back is that decapitation would probably decrease the fps with the added eye-candy, whilst "regular" gore would probably achieve a better gore:fps ratio.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

... actually, I would think decapitation would draw even less demand than NTW's horse drag'n a man... and honestly, it would be much cooler too!!!

To be honest it must be really OTT gore if its made the certificate an 18.

Games and films based on wars and historical battles always get rated lower for violence which would get an 18 in another genre simply because there is an actual reason for it being present (see films like Saving Private Ryan).

So either CA have gone for OTT stuff like ridiculous head decapitations with blood flowing over everyone (which I would love btw), or they've included Samurai Se... nevermind.

Strategos Alexandros's Avatar Centenarius

If CA included guts, this will happen in a battle.

Note: A guy wo wants ultra-realism is playing a battle with his friend. Are you such a guy who wants ultra-realism? Consider if you are such a guy before you continue to read.

The battle begins, the armies collide. The general (the guy wo is playing) is looking from above. He moves some of his troops to the left flank, when something catches his eye. A ripped apart warrior lies dead on the ground. But that wasn't what bothered him, there is missing something on this person. He starts thinking what is wrong. Is it his arm? No, the arm lies 10 yards away. Is it his head? No, that lies 20 yards away. And then his friend saw the missing part. CA forgot to add the Gallbladder!
    (In the mean time his army has led a crushing defeat) He becomes extremly mad and decided to make a fuss about it on the TW forums. There he finds out that CA also forgot the rectum! They just extended the colon. Ridiculous! Now he becomes really mad, only to find out that CA also forgot the Inferior Turbinated Bone. Wich compagny on earth forgets to add the Inferior Turbinated Bone!

Later he gives the game a final change. During a siege battle a man fell of a wall, died and again something strucks his eye. The man fell on his hand, normally this would break nearly all his bones in his hand but by close examination he finds out the unciform bone is only deshaped. This pisses his extremely off and he decided that the game sucks.

This, my friends will happen to the people who said yes on the question if they wanted ultra-realism.
    Vale,
    Strategos Alexandros

P.S. Would you please point out if I make any grammatical or spelling errors? It would be very much appreciated. I will rep+ you if you can also explain the error to me.

Things like dismemberment during battles where extremelly rare, sure, tendons may be cut, people might get serious wounds, but a head being chopped off during the middle of a battle? That was virtually impossible unless the enemy was just standing there waiting for the blade to hit him.

We're talking about human vs human fights here, this isn't warhammer, there isn't any space marines in this .

Yes I suppose, either way though, there definitely needs to be some sort of proper gore in a TW game (MedII "gore" isn't proper gore ) - I can't see why anyone wouldn't want it.

So CA - If you haven't already decided to put in proper gore (which I suspect you have judging by some of the artwork) please put it in!
    My specs:

"This is by far sounding like it's going to be the bloodiest and most gory Total War ever." (http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...ay.html?page=1)

I bloody well hope so!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast