Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FAQ - Problems running NTF

Default Re: FAQ - Problems running NTF

ok i got it working but it dosnt work now xDDDD

i played as poland and saved the campaign but when i try to load it it just stoppes working 0,o

i know whats up now

my user script is empty ;///

can you help us with that??

i reistalled it twice and nothing happened ;/

Hi husserlTW, thanks for adding a non mega-upload link. Now i have some problems with running the mod, When I was asked to select SP and MP, i always get CTD regardless of which campaign theater i select, I've downloaded the fix archived files but when I found data_NTF Folder its empty. I made sure I've uninstalled my previous versions of NTF and installed 3.5.1 in the napoleon install directory. Hope you can help me

Sorry, I've done also the steam trick but when I select a campaign then a faction it would just bring me back to the main menu. I've downloaded the FIX3_4.7 but don't know where to put the files, I've checked the NTF folder and can't find the same files to overwrite with the fix contents.

Quote Originally Posted by amanoyuuji View Post
    Sorry, I've done also the steam trick but when I select a campaign then a faction it would just bring me back to the main menu. I've downloaded the FIX3_4.7 but don't know where to put the files, I've checked the NTF folder and can't find the same files to overwrite with the fix contents.
    This fix is for an earlier version. Do you use other mods?

CHOTCHMCGEE's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 Re: FAQ - Problems running NTF

Need help, mod worked fine, out of know where crashes start. Can't load games and occasionally can't start new ones.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Napoleon.exe
    Application Version: 1.3.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4da83034
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211319
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000b9bc
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 39b8
    Additional Information 2: 39b8bff2f22b4c172c9f9c953d70c0af
    Additional Information 3: 0b4e
    Additional Information 4: 0b4e66f91cb4ab41ea7db4c41535308a

Laetus

I am having a CTD when ending my turn. I am Portugal and on turn 23. I am really enjoying the mod but this issue is a bit frustrating ...any solutions?

Hello,
    This is a great mod, i got the NTF 3.6 but i got a problem
    I'm unable to load saved games in NTF. I can start a new campaign, but after exiting the NTW and reentering I cannot load a saved game.
    I don't have other mods now.
    I can always start a new campaign. I just can't continue a saved game. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

I don't know much about programming and so...
    I did download the startpos 7z and put it here:
    Steam -> steamapps -> common -> NTW ->NTF->campaigns->2. there i placed the startpos 7z. is this correct?

Maybe a youtube video could help out a lot of players.

Pls help me i've been looking for hours now.

Mike

I suppose you have extracted startpos 7z first and then you have replaced startpos.esf in 2 folder, haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    I suppose you have extracted startpos 7z first and then you have replaced startpos.esf in 2 folder, haven't you?
    yes

Sorry but there is no point to make a video showing how to extract and copy a file. You should not have a problem after copying the startpos. The only thing I can suggest is to empty the saves folder.

Hey

I'm having a minor issue with unit names when using NTF and I was wondering if anyone knows how to resolve it.

I have the latest version of NTF and I think I have istalled it correctly as it seems to run fine except for one issue and that is the unit names for non-vanilla units. When I run the game without NTF they show up fine but with NTF they no longer show up.

My user script looks like this...
    mod "mod_BSM_Napoleon.pack";
    mod "Toons_Battle_AI.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";

also I have the latest UPC file

thanks
    Zeb.
    Proud supporter of Crystal Palace Football Club since I randomly picked them from a football wall chart while sitting in a caravan, on holiday at Presthaven Sands in North Wales in 1991.

Other Clubs I like:
    Local - Matlock Town & Chesterfield
    UK - Blackpool, Nottingham Forest & Liverpool
    Europe - Paris Saint Germain & Sampdoria
    National Team - England
    If England get knocked out - Japan then Italy

Disable any Additional Pack (launcher's menu) you may use.

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Hi

No problems with the game except it reads some of my mods and not others. For example I have no sound whatsoever, and the extra unit mods are not being read. There were no problems with the previous version. I have updated my user scripts in both the userscript and userscript.ntf. I have also moved all mods to the NTF data folder as well. Any ideas?

Idstaaner's Avatar Foederatus

Don't know if it helps you but you need to start NTF with "Europe-All Emergent" when you want to load a game in which you play an emergent faction in Europe (and Italy for an italian savegame). I realzied not until now (or I forgot it from time to time).
    Greets

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has already been answered but I had bought NTW awhile back and installed the NTF mod. I had at a later date uninstalled NTW but now re-installed it. I tried to play a coalition campaign and I realized the mod was still active somehow when I was given the option to play as the papal states/ other minor factions. I looked in my game files and deleted a folder titled NTF. Now when I click on the coalition campaign button my game crashes. Is there a way to fix this. Thank you in advance for any help it is appreciated!

In my above post I said when I clicked the coalition campaign button it crashes, it crashes when I try to play any type of campaign
    Last edited by Ishan; October 10, 2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Double Post

napoleon can't load game. It load for may time the first screen. Task Manager said that it is blocked (in italian "non risponde" don't know in english).
    I put the installation in true directory (/napoleon total war/), and menu of mod (the first when you choose campaign) but it can't work the game.
    Last edited by Ishan; October 10, 2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Double Post

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I'm running NTF 3.61 and everything is working except for one thing and that's when I select either all playable or all emergent from the menu in the next window just before Napoleon TW is loading.

It happen every time after I click on the "All Playable" or the "All Emergent" button and then a message pop up saying that I got files in NTF data folder, which doesn't belong to vanilla nor does it belong to NTF.

Why does it happen? Any ideas? I've checked the NTF data folder multiply times and I cannot find any file(s) in there that isn't part of vanilla or belong to NTF in any way. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but it's annoying.

Btw... I really like the loading picture you had in NTF 3.51, but then you switch to the current picture in NTF 3.61 and TBH I do not like the picture that much because it's too blurry to look at. Is there any way to bring back the old loading picture you had in NTF 3.51, because it matches quite well to what game the NTF mod is for.

I also wonder if NTF alters anything in the game I mean the effects of a building such as the lumber camp (effect: "-10/12% cost of constructing buildings in this region" or similar)?

The reason I mention this is, because I might have found a bug in the game and that's about the discount effect you have from the lumber camps (there are 5 lumber camps when playing Russia). The discount effect from the lumber camps doesn't work as it should and I could be wrong about this, but I don't think so.

Thanks for making NTF and keep up the good work.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Today I decided to try NTF Special Editions, which requires Toon's All-in-One mod pack and both these mods needs to be included in the user.script file.

What's the correct order for these mods?

mod "NTF.pack";
    mod Toons_Battle_AI.pack;

or

mod Toons_Battle_AI.pack;
    mod "NTF.pack";

I also wonder if the quote(s) character needs to be included for both of them or only NTF needed that.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234