Thread: Rise of Persia 2.2 Forced Diplomacy

Default Rise of Persia 2.2 Forced Diplomacy

Hey there, I've been playing ROP since yesterday, and gotten pretty far. The major problem is, is that I'm in 3 pointless wars, and I was wondering if someone ever released forced diplomacy 2.2? I can't keep fighting India forever, not to mention Ionian Hoplites... I'm also pretty technical, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to add the ROP script to 2.2 with out altering the other scripts? I tried it before, to no avail and I'm running out of options. Any advice or help is much appreciated

Default Re: Rise of Persia 2.2 Forced Diplomacy

I did it for my install, but sadly my computer is broken and i can't remember what i did. When i get my computer back (could be many weeks) i can help you if no one else does, but you'll have to wait...

I just did this for my game today, and it seems to be working fine. Ill copy the files and upload them for you.

Right. In the attached zip are the files that (should) allow you to force diplomacy. Bear in mind that this is my own amateur effort based on the work of dimebagho and others. Ive done this on my ROP 2.2 game and it works for me. Backup your , so that you can undo any changes if it goes belly up.

1. Download the file and unzip. You should have a folder called data.
    2. go into your ROP folder (location is most likely c/programfiles/activision/rome total war/ROP/) and copy the new data folder over the old one
    3. When in game, initiate diplomacy, click the ? at the top right of the screen. Then click the show me how button. make ridiculous and outrageous demands, but make sure you offer 100g whatever happens.

I would only recommend doing this if you have a fair experience of computers, I wont provide any additional support for this.

In case you're not familiar with this solution already...

If you have problems with FD or just don't want to use it and you're just interested in getting out of pointless wars, do the following:

Use the add_money cheat to give yourself tons of cash.
    Send a diplomat to your enemies with a peace offer sweetened by that cash.
    Once they've accepted, use the money cheat to remove that cash from them with add_money internal_name_of faction, -x (remember about the comma after the internal name of the faction).

Presto.

You can also remove enemy units from your borders or territory and put them somewhere more logical, like the crucial settlement they should be defending from a more threatening enemy, but which, in the AI's endless stupidity, they have ignored to focus on you.
    Find a spot you want to send the enemy to, go to the console, write show_cursorstat and then write move_character "Character Internal Name" (quotation marks included) result of show_cursorstat.

Bear in mind that you have to know the internal names of factions and characters in order for this to work. They can be found in descr_strat.txt and descr_names.txt respectively.
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers