Thread: Will Samurai have use of typical multiple weapons they all carried

Default Will Samurai have use of typical multiple weapons they all carried

Unlike knights in the west samurai started with the bow and graduated to also having a sword. Their massive 7ft mounted samurai longbowmen being the classic example of this. So I would like to see the multi-skilled samurai with their sword, bow and spear at once. I do not think the total war game will do this well though unless its automatic. I would not want to micro manage the changing of weapons, it would make it very clicky.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Default Re: Will Samurai have use of typical multiple weapons they all carried

That would be awesome. It wouldnt have too much micro. Attacking from afar makes it a bow, alt makes him charge up with sword, and melee range its a sword; just like M2. Then you can have the special ability a conversion into a spear. In M2 clicking a button to make your archers fire flaming arrows wasnt too much micro was it?

How about the balance though. They would need to make samurai much less numerous and more expensive than knights in M2TW

That would be nice.

I think it would have to be managed though, otherwise it's just too complicated.

Bow to soften the enemies (while standing or charging but far away), switch to spear for the charge impact, dismount and switch to sword to finish the job, or stay on spear and break through formation. That would be epic.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

the most i can see is archers who are also very good in melee (and you can just change that yourself in the stats) but toggling 3 weapons? thats a bit tricky
    You look great today.

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

I would like to see more samurai units with different weapons (Samurai Archers, Samurai Swordsmen, Yari Samurai, Nodachi Samurai, Samurai Lancers, Samurai Horse Archers.....etc)

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

In RTW the Roman infantry would throw one or two javelins then charge in. Couldn't the Samurii do the same thing.... just longer.

I don't think any of their weapons were one shot weapons.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

It would be great to see samuri's fighting with different weapons, maybe getting floored and drawing the sword sword to stab off his attacker!
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

It would certainly benefit the defensive player, as archers wouldn't really require much support.