Thread: The Beer (Booze) Thread

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Beer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    /Support

Taxandrius's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Is Bacon View Post
    You guys drink a bit too much beer. It's frightening to hear this much consumption.
    What? One pint a day is too much?
    You're frightening...
    And a shame to the goal of every man in my area to be able to clean out a crate on their own to prove their manliness.

@Rahl: is that beer called "Undercover"?
    Is it by any means linked the beer "Slaapmutske" ("Nightcap") ?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bernem's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    varieties of North German beer
    speaking of which you have to try this one

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Miss me yet?

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Taxandrius View Post

I've not had that Nightcap beer but just from looking at it I'd say they are most likely very different from each other. The full title of the beer is "Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale" and is considered an American Strong Ale. Differences being in ABV, with the Undercover at 9.75% and the Nightcap and 6%. I don't know what the IBUs are for the Nightcap but since it's a Belgian beer the IBUs are most likely not very high, moderate at the most. The Undercover is 72.41 IBUs.

I'm guessing you thought there might be a similarity because of the names?

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Taxandrius View Post
    What? One pint a day is too much?
    You're frightening...
    And a shame to the goal of every man in my area to be able to clean out a crate on their own to prove their manliness.

Lol, Slaapmutske,
    Only the name wants me to Try it, Where do they sell it? =]

Content Emeritus

My friend gave me this since I let him drink a bunch of my regular Schlitz at a BYOB restaurant.

It's a 40 oz Schlitz malt liquor. God...it's going to be terrible... The restaurant is called Babe's and in every one of them there are only two items on the menu but unlimited sides. At the Babe's we went to the other day the two items are fried chicken and chicken fried steak. Sides include salad, mashed potatoes (taters), white gravy, corn, and biscuits.

Here's the website: http://www.babeschicken.com/

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowind3 View Post
    Lol, Slaapmutske,
    Only the name wants me to Try it, Where do they sell it? =]
    any decent beer store
    If your looking for funny names, look for "Dulle Teve" or "Potteloereke"

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Truth be told, we're more known for our wines than beer, but believe me - our beer is great. I guess I could say, after trying several Southern European beer brands, that we produce the best beers south of Belgium.

If you ever have the opportunity, try this lagger

Or maybe this one (I prefer it - but maybe that's me, I'm more into stronger beers)

Quote Originally Posted by Duberdicus View Post
    Truth be told, we're more known for our wines than beer, but believe me - our beer is great. I guess I could say, after trying several Southern European beer brands, that we produce the best beers south of Belgium.

If you ever have the opportunity, try this lagger

Or maybe this one (I prefer it - but maybe that's me, I'm more into stronger beers)

WHat's it like compared to other southern european beers? Tbh, I only know Nastro Azzuro and Morretti. Moretti is more like a combination between Stella and Maes, whereas Nastro Azzurro is incredible light qua taste, though medium on the stomach

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What is it like? Well, they taste better. Plus I think our beers are slightly more strong than the ones from the Spaniards and that. Italian beers are quite good, but Spanish ones, like Cruzcampo or San Miguel are awful. Especially the San Miguel. Well, you've got to try it to understand what I'm saying If you ever come here don't forget to try drinking a Sagres.

What is it like? Well, they taste better. Plus I think our beers are slightly more strong than the ones from the Spaniards and that. Italian beers are quite good, but Spanish ones, like Cruzcampo or San Miguel are awful. Especially the San Miguel. Well, you've got to try it to understand what I'm saying If you ever come here don't forget to try drinking a Sagres.
    I'l try is asap
    But I mean, how would you define the taste?

f.ex., I had a pint of Spitfire some days ago in "In the Bisschops Arms" in Helsingborg

Very bitter on my opnion and a quite neutral taste

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

There's always a pack of these in my fridge. I absolutely love it.

And this one is one is to enjoy and savour it thoroughly.
    --------------Arengada--------------

Content Emeritus

A new review!

Another day, another Lagunitas. This time it’s their *deep breath* Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale…but I’ll call it Undercover. It came in a lovely six pack (limited release). I’ve bought so many good beers in 22 oz. bombers that I think I’ve slowly caused an antagonism with six packs as if they’re not going to be good. This is, of course, not true, especially with Lagunitas! I poured the Undercover into a very cold glass that I had in the freezer. This made the head come up vibrant and thick, it being a very frothy off-white head that left some but little lacing as it receded. It smells absolutely delicious with sweet, spicy, piney, maybe some grapefruit and dark cherry. It really smells like candy. Like a…yummy beer-flavored candy…

Appearance is a clear copper color. The first flavors to tantalize the tongue is the caramel sweetness that hints of toffee. This is mixed with a very nice hoppy bitterness and spice that also hides the alcohol flavor well, although you still have the lingering flavor of the booze. The hops are extremely piney and the grapefruit smell is revealed in the flavor as well. Actually, all of the flavors stay in the mouth for awhile which is pleasant. You’re literally tasting the beer after it’s already down your throat and warming up your stomach with its 9.75% ABV. But this is not a bad thing. The lasting flavors are very enjoyable. It’s not an aftertaste. The body is medium with malts being moderate as well. Nothing is overdone in this beer. The warmer the beer gets the more the alcohol is noticeable but I don’t find it to take away from the beer’s taste enough to be negative.

This is a fine American Strong Ale with some extra hops courtesy of Lagunitas’ tradition!

4/5 Stars!

Marston's Old Empire IPA was gooood.

Mr Tuna's Avatar Senator

Cruzcampo and San Miguel aren't that bad, they're only very light to drink, so much, it even feels like you're drinking Fanta Lemon, compared to other, great beers its awful but as a quick refreshment, its not that bad.
    Drinking does to life what turning the radio up does to a car's engine problems.

-TnC

San Miguel is from Philippines anyway.

wtf 10,000 posts. I need a life.

Bernem's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by HansDuet View Post
    San Miguel is from Philippines anyway.

wtf 10,000 posts. I need a life.

Get a life, drink a beer

Like this one:

A Bavarian Weissbier with a yeasty, fruity taste.

Content Emeritus

Just bought...

One of my favourites is the Austrian beer zipfer

Also, I like the Belgian dark beers, the names I don't remember because they were so many....

oh, and of course Kozel is great..............Kozel > Pilsner
    [ Under Patronage of Jom ]
    [ "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21 ]