Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179204219220221222223224225226227228229
Results 4,561 to 4,571 of 4571

Thread: The Beer (Booze) Thread

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: The Beer (Booze) Thread

Planning on drinking a 2008 Zerbina 'Ceregio' over lunch today, which was given me by my boss. But first, the prosecco.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

The other night tried Delirium Noel and Delirium Tremens. Preferred the Tremens.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

The over saturation is definitely being seen in Sweden as well. For the last 5-8 years I have had a habbit of visiting Systembolaget when visiting a new city and buy a bottle of each beer from the local assortment of beer (Systembolaget is the national Swedish liquor monopoly for all beverages above 3.5 %).

But in the last 2 years the number of local beers have exploded which have forced me to only buy a few of them. The good thing is at least that beers have started to drop in price again, the microbrewery trend really encouraged brewers to increase prices (from 1.5-2 € toward above 3 € per bottle for any interesting beer). But with the over saturation it looks like the worst overpricing is disappearing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaðarholmr View Post
    Why buy nice beer when you can make bad beer yourself for a fraction of the price?
    I suspect you are the only thread participant who is running out of oil money to pay for the beer .

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella d'Este View Post
    Bow i haven't drunk the Trappist beers from outside Belgium (and the Netherlands = La Trappe). Anyone drunk those?
    In a way La Trappe reminds me of Gouda cheese and other Dutch specialties. Excellent production quality, not very expensive and rather unexciting. There are of course also a lot of very exciting breweries in the Netherlands but La Trappe really feel like the Heineken* of trappist beer.

*I have also noticed that Heineken taste a lot better in the Netherlands than in markets like Sweden and Italy where it is brewed under license locally.
    Last edited by Adar; February 15, 2016 at 09:13 AM.

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
    Received some 16 year old tawny port for my birthday. Assuming it'll be nice, but don't know exactly what foods to pair it with.
    Well, coming from a Portuguese you should take this as gospel: we either drink Port before having lunch/dinner, as an "aperitive", or right after it, alongside some sweet dessert. Never drink Port alongside something salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I accidentally ended up at Brouwerij De Prael during a short stay in Amsterdam. They had some kind of Fig ale that turned out to be really awesome and the place is conveniently located near the train station so I recommend it to anyone visiting Amsterdam.

Their website (Dutch only)
    http://deprael.nl/
    I'm now living pretty much 5 minutes walking from it . I'm trying out that fig ale later this week - just found an excuse to try out the place. I love fig. Back in Portugal we have some cool fig liquors, but ale... that's fresh.
    Last edited by Vítor Gaspar; February 22, 2016 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vítor Gaspar View Post
    Well, coming from a Portuguese you should take this as gospel: we either drink Port before having lunch/dinner, as an "aperitive", or right after it, alongside some sweet dessert. Never drink Port alongside something salty.
    I don't quite remember which birthday I got that bottle, but either way it's advice given too late.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Vítor Gaspar View Post
    I'm now living pretty much 5 minutes walking from it . I'm trying out that fig ale later this week - just found an excuse to try out the place. I love fig. Back in Portugal we have some cool fig liquors, but ale... that's fresh.
    I almost revisited the place when I went back to Amsterdam in September 2015 but did not get the opportunity to do so. So I am curious on how they are doing.
    Last edited by Adar; February 22, 2016 at 10:34 PM.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Having a Guinness in celebration of my homelands national holiday!

Quick, delete that before the rest of the forum murders you!
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Please don't! It was St Patrick's day for God's sake!

I had a lovely 2000 Apsley Gorge Vineyard Pinot Noir last night. I'm still developing my palate, but it's interesting to decant an older wine like that and pick up different flavours as time passes. Certainly a lot better than the younger wines I usually drink.

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

I realize nobody has posted here in a while but I am wondering if any of you beer enthusiasts like me have an untappd account.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk