Thread: Username ideas for shogun2?

Default Username ideas for shogun2?

Username ideas for shogun2?

edit; to change usernames use the rename request thread in the Questions & Suggestions forum.

I was wondering if those of you who know a bit about Japanese history, may be able to suggest some usernames and artwork [for avatars e.g.] for people to use?

A little bit of relative summarised history would be interesting too!

I am also interested to here the usernames you chose and why you chose them, if you already have.

----------------------

e.g.
    I just changed my username, its not of the period but is of the culture…

En no Gyoja 役行者

En no Gyōja (役行者), or En no Ozunu (役小角), born 634, was a Japanese ascetic and mystic, traditionally held to be the founder of Shugendō, a syncretic religion incorporating aspects of Taoism, Shinto, esoteric Buddhism (especially Shingon Mikkyō and the Tendai sect but some Zen sects have also been heard of) and traditional Japanese shamanism. He is venerated as a bosatsu (a bodhisattva, or pursuer of enlightenmen).
    Authorship of the non-canonical Sutra on the Unlimited Life of the Threefold Body is attributed to En no Gyōja. Due to his mythical status as a mountain saint, he was believed to possess many supernatural powers.

Nb; sounds a bout right for me lols, he was kind of a Japanese merlin. I kinda wish we had Buddhism come here instead of Christianity, then perhaps our culture would have continued along druidic lines [kinda similar although totally different lols], which includes ‘honour worth’ [ones position in ancient british society was according to your honour and respect begot unto you] and the ideal of an honourable death ~ as with most warrior cultures.
    Last edited by Amorphos; June 03, 2010 at 05:35 PM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Username ideas for shogun2?

Maybe I change into:

将軍は、2つを完全に変更していた男

means: The man who wants Shogun 2 full modable .... if google translator isn't again crap

To be serious now:
    why changing the name, sorry, I don't understand it really mate.
    I mean, I didn't change since RTW my username or the avatar at least, why now?
    Nothing against the idea at all mate, sorry.

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

name looks cool, but i would suggest and english version to.

I changed from Attila to quetzalcoatl when m2tw came out, I didn’t dig the etw/ntw era so I never bothered again until now.

I absolutely love shogun era and culture though and felt it was time for change anyways.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Debating changing to AshigaruRevolt.

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by En no Gyoja 役行者 View Post
    name looks cool, but i would suggest and english version to.

I changed from Attila to quetzalcoatl when m2tw came out, I didn’t dig the etw/ntw era so I never bothered again until now.

I absolutely love shogun era and culture though and felt it was time for change anyways.
    Ah ok ... I understand now.
    No, I will not do, because my nickname is a "romanized verson" of my real last name
    Also if I will do, because my main intrest is at the "US war of independence" (american revolution) at british and US view and the US civil war. So my nickname must be changed in someone out of there ... Shogun 2 will maybe great -who knows it in the moment- but is not my personal main area of intrest.

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

Nakandakari Lobato

Good link, thanks

I suppose most people will choose samurai names [unlike me lols] so I guess that about covers it.

Still I am interested to here names and why you chose them

GoodSmurfin's Avatar Semisalis

片桐且元, Katagiri Katsumoto

Hello

Dodanodo's Avatar Tiro

well I didn't change my username, but I changed my signature instead. then again I didn't have one yet, but still.

Credit to Noif the Bodemloze for the signature.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Ha, who are these amateurs?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Shogun Darling of the Wiki Clan

I actually have no idea how to edit my username. Tried looking on the FAQ, can't see nothing on it.

I actually have no idea how to edit my username. Tried looking on the FAQ, can't see nothing on it.
    use the rename request thread in the Questions & Suggestions forum.

Nack's Avatar Biarchus

Does that only change your display name? Or does it also change your login name?

both

erm i think so anyway

god thats a thought, how the hell will i remember the japanese symbols for my username lols
    Last edited by Amorphos; June 03, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Nack's Avatar Biarchus

Okay.