View Poll Results: Guesstimate the time of release!

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • January - February

7 13.73%
  • March - April

25 49.02%
  • May - June

3 5.88%
  • July - August

2 3.92%
  • September - October

4 7.84%
  • November - December

10 19.61%

Thread: Guesstimate the releasetime!

Default Guesstimate the releasetime!

I just figured I'd be the first to open up a guesstimate topic.

When do you guys think teh game will be released? maybe based upon CA's previous release schedules, or maybe just some hopeful thinking!

I;m taking it 2 months at a time, to make it a little easier on everyone.

I myself think(hope) march/april

Here goes

Default Re: Guesstimate the releasetime!

I think it will be released sometime in 2012. Perhaps sooner, for the 2011 holiday season, maybe.

If they follow the trend of Empire and Nappy, it will be Feb 2011 again.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Quote Originally Posted by XX55XX View Post
    I think it will be released sometime in 2012. Perhaps sooner, for the 2011 holiday season, maybe.

God, you hit the nail on the head,

I forgot to add, these dates are all in the year 2011.

And I forgot to add 2012. Well let's just assume the game will be released in 2011,

Well as it seems as though it's using the same engine so it now perfected in that way.

They made Napoleon in a year so I think that Shogun 2 could be done in the same amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyofengland View Post
    Well as it seems as though it's using the same engine so it now perfected in that way.

They made Napoleon in a year so I think that Shogun 2 could be done in the same amount of time.
    I doubt it since Napolleon borrowed a lot of stuff from Empire and Shogun seems that it will mostly be made out of scratch
    "The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned. " - Antonio Gramsci

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    I doubt it since Napolleon borrowed a lot of stuff from Empire and Shogun seems that it will mostly be made out of scratch
    I believe that they are keeping the warscape engine...
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Jonesy012's Avatar Libertus

I voted September/October time.

I can't imagine it being less than a year away, plus time to polish and finish, September time I'd say. Hoping for a bit sooner obviously

Thought PC Gamer UK interview said CA were shooting for a 2011 release. With that in mind, I hope for an Early Spring release, though their poem (In Spring it roams not), if in any way valid, makes me look to May/June at the earliest. At least if it's in May/June I'll be done with all of my uni exams.

I've put November-December because I think it will be out in 2012.

November-December 2011.
    They should make it right and as perfect as it can get.
    STW was EPIC
    donīt want STW2 become a disaster like ETW because they rushed ...

While I think the game will be more polished if it gets released September - December, although I do think (financial) pressure will probably force them to release way before that.

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

I think about a year from now.

That said it wouldn't surprise me if some work began right after Empire was finished, which means its already been in some level of production for a year, and they've been working full speed since Napoleon went gold in January.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy012 View Post
    I can't imagine it being less than a year away, plus time to polish and finish, September time I'd say. Hoping for a bit sooner obviously

Polish and finish?

Like they did with M2TW when after a year release the units would sit streching their feet while bowmen decimated them?

Or Like they did with Empire that gave CTDs every 3-4 hours at first... and then the BAI went stupid?

Nah... It'll be sooner than a year... and it'll not be finished and polished. The preview said "pre-alpha". They will go to Release in less than a year and the game will be playable 2-3 months after release and finished a 8-10 months after release.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

Polish and finish?

Like they did with M2TW when after a year release the units would sit streching their feet while bowmen decimated them?

Or Like they did with Empire that gave CTDs every 3-4 hours at first... and then the BAI went stupid?

Nah... It'll be sooner than a year... and it'll not be finished and polished. The preview said "pre-alpha". They will go to Release in less than a year and the game will be playable 2-3 months after release and finished a 8-10 months after release.
    Add a bit of nuance, and I think you're right. I also think S2:TW will be released sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Maizel; June 03, 2010 at 02:24 PM.

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Considering that this game will use the same engine as the last few games, I predict it will be released within a year from now, possibly February or March. At the very latest, summer of 2011.