Thread: Japanese Voice-overs

Default Japanese Voice-overs

Wouldn't it be brilliant to have proper Japanese voice-overs (and subtitles) as an option, instead of just faux-Japanese accented English?
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Default Re: Japanese Voice-overs

there should be a possibility to choose between original Japanese audio or English audio. Absolutely.

That's what I liked about the original STW. They actually had Japanese voice actors doing the voices, and you had the option to choose between Japanese voices or Japanese accent English. I really hope STW2 will retain that.

even age of empires 3 managed to get a correct voice actor for every faction and unit , CA couldnt get a proper arabic speaker the one in NTW and ETW sucks he makes too many grammatical mistakes , and the native americans speak english while in aoe3 all native american factions speak their own language

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

I don't think they'll go back to this, honestly. The English-with-a-Japanese-accent would probably be a bit easier to implement, and I'd imagine the casuals would prefer this instead of Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum482 View Post
    I don't think they'll go back to this, honestly. The English-with-a-Japanese-accent would probably be a bit easier to implement, and I'd imagine the casuals would prefer this instead of Japanese.
    if they make english with japanese accent i might not buy the game ..

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    if they make english with japanese accent i might not buy the game ..
    But think about it. Would you rather have crappy Japanese or proper English? The Russian, Spanish, even Italian voices in Empire/Napoleon were horrible.

I loved the Japanese voice-overs. They really helped with the immersion.

i prefer horrible japanese over english in japanese accent i mean thats so retarded

I recently played Metro 2033 with Russian voice-overs and english subtitles. It was very awesome!

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Well, you got your wish...
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

...even though it's been a year.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Better late than never!
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

The speach at the start of battles is great but I still get my general in an out of breath voice screaming 'The men are running from the battlefield! SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!" sounding like he's actually fighting while he screams it. Its sort of comical I don't mind it too much but it would be better continuity if it were in Japanese. And where did 'the enemy general is fleeing like a whipped dog!" go? that was the best english/japanese accent ever.

edit: being new I hadn't realised that this thread was over a year old. Looks like i got drawn into a necro....
    Last edited by Sammi79; July 13, 2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: necro thread