Thread: Chaos gods

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Chaos gods

I wonder what are those?Are they like muslim or christian gods?Or do they have flesh and mind?Does anyone have their pictures?

Default Re: Chaos gods

They are definately not like christian/muslim god. They are a manifestation of feelings and souls that worship them (or something like that, there is no definite answer as far as I know). Each one has his own spiritual realm, in that he has a body and can interact with people he brought there.

Khorne, the god of blood and war appears like a huge muscular man with red skin and a black richly ornamented armor. Mostly with a dog or wolve head. And always a weapon, sword or axe, I don't remember. His realm is a black fortress, filled with seas of blood and mountains of skulls.

Tzeentch, the god of change never appears the same. Most of the time he has no form a mortal mind can graps. His color changes as fast as the eyes and mouths that appear randomly on his body. His realm is a "maze woven from raw magic" so I think it is a bit like him, shimmering always in change.

Nurgle, god of death, despair and diseases is a fat, bloated being, covered with pocks and small slimy creatures who drink his wound-excrete. His realm is a garden of stinking, rotting plants and mushrooms. He also keeps the Eldar god of healing prisoner to test new diseases on her, because she can regenerate faster than she can die of them.

Slaanesh, the prince of pleasure and desire appears as a incredibly beautiful person, either male or female, and his domain is a luxurious palace. You have to pass six domains before reaching this palace.
    1. a place that tests your greed with riches
    2. tests your hunger, by offering the best food and drinks
    3. offers to fulfill all your desires
    4. grants you absolute power about others
    5. full of mirrors that give you perfect self-images
    6. a not further described "perfect place", perhaps a combination of all 5.

Cenkiss, try this website if you are genuinly interested in finding out about them. It includes pictures of them aswell.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Yup, at least for Khorne and Nurgle. Take a look, it's really worth it, if your interested in warhammer stuff.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by grinder View Post
    They are definately not like christian/muslim god. They are a manifestation of feelings and souls that worship them (or something like that, there is no definite answer as far as I know). Each one has his own spiritual realm, in that he has a body and can interact with people he brought there.

Khorne, the god of blood and war appears like a huge muscular man with red skin and a black richly ornamented armor. Mostly with a dog or wolve head. And always a weapon, sword or axe, I don't remember. His realm is a black fortress, filled with seas of blood and mountains of skulls.

Tzeentch, the god of change never appears the same. Most of the time he has no form a mortal mind can graps. His color changes as fast as the eyes and mouths that appear randomly on his body. His realm is a "maze woven from raw magic" so I think it is a bit like him, shimmering always in change.

Nurgle, god of death, despair and diseases is a fat, bloated being, covered with pocks and small slimy creatures who drink his wound-excrete. His realm is a garden of stinking, rotting plants and mushrooms. He also keeps the Eldar god of healing prisoner to test new diseases on her, because she can regenerate faster than she can die of them.

Slaanesh, the prince of pleasure and desire appears as a incredibly beautiful person, either male or female, and his domain is a luxurious palace. You have to pass six domains before reaching this palace.
    1. a place that tests your greed with riches
    2. tests your hunger, by offering the best food and drinks
    3. offers to fulfill all your desires
    4. grants you absolute power about others
    5. full of mirrors that give you perfect self-images
    6. a not further described "perfect place", perhaps a combination of all 5.
    So,you say "spiritual realm".So,one can't go to khorne's planet and say hi to him.They are always everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    So,you say "spiritual realm".So,one can't go to khorne's planet and say hi to him.They are always everywhere.
    You have no idea how much the thought of that made me laugh.

they are ugly and will be crushed by the unstopabble fury which is gork and mork and that big ork whos name I forget (I remeber he fought commisar yarrick) shall lead the green skins to victory!
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

they don't live on (a) planet(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    they are ugly and will be crushed by the unstopabble fury which is gork and mork and that big ork whos name I forget (I remeber he fought commisar yarrick) shall lead the green skins to victory!
    Ghazkull won't beat Skulltaker.............
    Art //

:gasp:
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

:gasp:
    Chop!!
    Art //

wwwwwwaaaaaaagggggghhh

You could try, except you would be ripped limb from limb by hundreds of Daemons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Nazi Spy View Post
    You could try, except you would be ripped limb from limb by hundreds of Daemons.
    Depends who you are.

In Warhammer Fantasy the Khorne champion Valkia killed a Slaanesh Daemon Prince and tried to take his head to Khornes throne. She died on the way but Khorne was unhappy (He would have let her in his presence) so he revived her and made her into a kind of semi-daemon prince.
    Art //

The Ork's name is Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka (his full name), considered to be the greatest Ork currently alive he lead millions of Orks during the Second and Third wars for Armageddon. He is currently, as far as I know, on the run being pursued by Commissar Yarrick, the Imperial Guard forces still alive and under his command, and a full Black Templar Crusade fleet. In otherwords when they finally catch up to Ghazghkull, he's *$(%ed.

@Cenkiss and grinder: The Chaos Gods are metaphysical entities of immense psychic power. Born of a single emotion, concept, or action they single minded, megalomaniacal, and utterly self serving. Each God has a sphere of influence from which they draw power from. The more the emotions and actions from which they were born are exibited the more they grow in power. Each Chaos God reaches into the dreams and thought of mortals seducing them with wonderful promises and gifts but in the end the promise of a Chaos God is fickle, oft broken, and bound to lead to damnation. Note all the info below is only a preliminary discussion on the Chaos Gods and Chaos itself. There is way more I need to and should add.

There is a infinite number of Chaos Gods, however the top four (Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Slaanesh) are powerful above all else and are collectively known as the Dark Gods and the Ruinous Powers. Each God is born from the following actions and emotions listed next to their names and I've included their most common monikers:

Khorne "The Blood God" - War, hate, rage, murder
    Nurgle "The Great Lord of Decay" - Disease, entropy, despair, physical corruption
    Tzeentch "The Changer of the Ways" - Hope (divorced from all other notions. Pure hope), change, psychic powers, mutation
    Slaanesh "The Dark Prince of Excess and Decadence" - Lust, greed, pleasure, pain

Khorne is described as a hugely muscled daemon cladded in many layers of thick, oversized bronze armor.
    Nurgle is envisioned as a huge, fat, and gas bloated creature with many layers of dead, necrotic, leatherly flesh, his innerds spilled out and played upon by nurglings. It is said that from the exposed guts of nurgle Great Unclean Ones are formed.
    Tzeentch is often described in the form of a great cloud of chromatic energy. Of all colors, every changing shape. Sometimes he is portrayed as a god avian beast, mutated to the point of being indescribable.
    Slaanesh is described as taking a humanoid form. With great and flowing golden hair, with a body half female and half male. Slaanesh is known to prefer a male form but can take the shape of a man, woman, hermaphrodite, or a androgynous form.

Each Chaos God has their own choir of daemons. From least powerful/lowest caste to most powerful/highest caste the hierarchy of Hell is as follows: Daemonic Beast-> Daemonic Steed-> Lesser Daemon-> Daemon Prince-> Greater Daemon-> Chaos Gods

Each God as mentioned before has their own species of daemons I have included next to each god the list of their daemons and in parenthesis their caste:

Khorne - Flesh Hound (Daemonic Beast), Juggernaut (Daemonic Steed), Bloodletters (Lesser Daemon), Bloodthirster (Greater Daemon)
    Tzeentch - Screamer (Daemonic Beast), Disc of Tzeentch (Daemonic Steed), Pink/Blue Horrors and Flamers (Lesser Daemon. This is big baller has two types of lesser Daemon), Lord of Change (Greater Daemon)
    Nurgle - Beast of Nurgle (Daemonic Beast), Palanquin of Nurgle (Daemonic Steed. I think these were removed from fluff but included for completeness sake), Plaguebearers (Lesser Daemon), Great Unclean One (Greater Daemon)
    Slaanesh - Fiend (Daemonic Beast), Mount of Slaanesh (Daemonic Steed), Daemonette (Lesser Daemon), Keeper of Secrets (Greater Daemon)
    Last edited by Outlawstar15a2; June 06, 2010 at 10:15 PM.