Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Default Shogun 2

Apparently Shogun 2 will use hero units. Remind you of anything?

Default Re: Shogun 2

Lol, well if it is any consolation I doubt they were inspired by us. The original had kensai one man units.

I was talking to zenith about it yesterday though. The shogun campaign and ours have a fair bit in common, especially with our new epic cycle campaigns, which are a little like Mongol invasion.

EDIT

http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/02/shog...ough-hands-on/

There is the reveal trailer, or as the staff may want to consider it watching the funeral of CA before it has happened.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; June 02, 2010 at 06:48 PM.

The Spaniard's Avatar Civis

I guess Napoleon was the last new total war game for me.

Napoleon just didn't work well on my computer.
    Last edited by The Spaniard; June 02, 2010 at 06:55 PM.

I didn't even buy napoleon. I was thinking about it when game had reduced it to £8 temporarily, but just didn't see the point considering how similar it looks to empire.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

M2TW was the last new TW game I got. Kingdoms will most likely be the next. If I can find it, that is.

Somebody needs to tell CA that rock paper scissors isn't a strategy game, but a game of chance. They might as well use random commands.... (not as daft as it sounds, if they just left a game of shogun running 10 years ago playing against a human player with random AI command then it could have become invincible by now if it had remembered and evolved the successful ones).
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; June 02, 2010 at 07:30 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I liked the heroes idea from Shogun 2, it adds a lot of possibilities for modders.

It truly sounds like a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    M2TW was the last new TW game I got. Kingdoms will most likely be the next. If I can find it, that is.
    Same here.

How hard could it be to make Shogun 2 into a good game? The original Shogun was already good, they just have to improve the graphics, improve some other aspects and I would buy it. Wouldn't you? Instead they have to go and reinvent the wheel, which so far has turned out to be such a failure every time since (and probably including) M2TW.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Well, on the bright side, if they make Shogun 2 moddable (which, incidentally, I am positively sure that they won't), then it would be an ideal platform for Aristeia 2, or perhaps an even broader game about Greek mythology. Or perhaps not. CA has a knack for being disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by MeAgain View Post
    M2TW.
    RTW

Quote Originally Posted by 8500HC View Post
    RTW
    Are you bloody kidding me?? Blasphemy! Consider this your official Rofl BANNING!

Out with you!

Compared to the games that were released later, RTW is pretty good.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    Well, on the bright side, if they make Shogun 2 moddable (which, incidentally, I am positively sure that they won't), then it would be an ideal platform for Aristeia 2, or perhaps an even broader game about Greek mythology. Or perhaps not. CA has a knack for being disappointing.
    I heard Empire TW is no mod friendly. I doubt S2TW will allow great modability.

If it was it would be ideal for Aristeia, but it is unlikely. Still there was that petition which I signed, we can live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    Apparently Shogun 2 will use hero units. Remind you of anything?
    oh come on, didnt you like kensai?

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Well, at least the kensai weren't as massively over-powered as the legendary geisha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    Well, at least the kensai weren't as massively over-powered as the legendary geisha.

'twas all a lot of fun for me.

An army of Kansai would pretty much always loose against an army of regulars (i thought it was fun to lead in 20 men against several thousand lol), also in Shogun 2 they are talking about massively bigger unit sizes so I think their inclusion will be fun in a tactical sense and not game destroying. I an imagine putting one on a bridge and shooting up the army that's caught up fighting him, but I doubt he'd last very long.

its damn near imossible to make a perfect game, every time companys try there is always going to be somthing wrong. i never played the original shogun total war and the era hardly appeals to me. i was always in to napoleonic/empire total war era history and after playing M2tw was expecting great things but when a game you anticipact dosnt play on any computer made after 2009 attempting to play it becomes rediculiously expencive because you need to by a state of the art computer aswell and with only £30 english pounds stirling to my name it never happened. kingdoms was good but a bit too sepperated with the whole four games and shortcuts for the campains it was a bit painstaking. i think i will keep my old computer and play Aristeia and following campains forever then

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast