Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want my Daimyo with super saiyen powers

Default I want my Daimyo with super saiyen powers

quote from ign pc :

"One particularly novel development is the introduction of hero units. These are warriors who have perfected a fighting art and can carve their way through enemy armies without much trouble at all.
    Based on mythologized historical figures like the warrior monk Benkei, hero units are a nearly unstoppable force on the battlefield, capable of holding bridge crossings against entire armies, or smashing through a battle line to engage the enemy general."

i wanted to make this topic to find out what Total War fans like about this "mythologized" hero gameplay. imho this is going in the opposite direction of what i like about the older TW games.

what do you guys think?

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: I want my Daimyo with super saiyen powers

I think it sucks. "Mythology" doesn't belong in a Total War game. I want as close to the real thing battles as possible, not some random monk beating the snot out of my 3,000 Samurai warriors.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

If they do it properly it will simply mean that the hero is a powerful unit that can fight through many men but will eventually get overwhelmed. If they do it badly he will be a Dynasty Warriors copy and kill thousands of men and ruin the game...
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Nnnnyynngh the line about heroes holding a bridge on their own better be false. :/

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Nnnnyynngh the line about heroes holding a bridge on their own better be false. :/
    Its been done before by multiple leaders of men in the past. Horatio did it for Rome.

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

I want Shogun Total War though, not Age of Mythology Total War.

Although an AoM-style TW would be legit and a half. So was AoM, actually. Need to reinstall.

Kuhndog's Avatar Centurion

Does CA seriously think we, the fans, want superheroes in what is supposed to be a realistic game. Do they have 10 year olds working there now? This better not be like it sounds. Or I am definitely not buying it. I am ok with the whole Shogun thing, but heroes that can destroy whole armies? That kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?
    Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhndog View Post
    Does CA seriously think we, the fans, want superheroes in what is supposed to be a realistic game. Do they have 10 year olds working there now? This better not be like it sounds. Or I am definitely not buying it. I am ok with the whole Shogun thing, but heroes that can destroy whole armies? That kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?
    You will notice that throughout the years, the games are getting more and more ludicrous. My theory is that the makers of the game are finally suffering the curses of old age and their brains are turning to goo.

It explains everything!

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Go to the Total war official site. They outline that the heroes CANNOT survive waves and waves and serve a motivational purpose. Basically stick them with an army and they will kill many men AND inspire other troops.

I like how Rise of Nations did heroes...hopefully CA emulates this.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaristh View Post
    You will notice that throughout the years, the games are getting more and more ludicrous. My theory is that the makers of the game are finally suffering the curses of old age and their brains are turning to goo.

It explains everything!
    Rome Total War had War Dogs, War Pigs, giant elephants, battlefield assassins, battlefield gladiators, Amazonian women...

Empire Total War had none of this.

Think before you post!

Heroes shouldn't be too powerful they should be able to take on enemies frontally but once they get shoot at by enough arrows or they are surrounded it should be game over and seriously 1 heroe holding 1 bridge is just ridiculous
    BTW anyone know how CA will fix the problem of heroes in different unitsizes?

Kuhndog's Avatar Centurion

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
    Rome Total War had War Dogs, War Pigs, giant elephants, battlefield assassins, battlefield gladiators, Amazonian women...

Empire Total War had none of this.

Think before you post!
    There is a such thing as war dogs and war elephants.
    Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I hope the Hero is a Master Swordsman with his retainers so that it is a small elite unit like Berserkers in VI. If it is a single person it will be completely silly.

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, in ETW a gentleman can hold a bridge against a full stack. Well, why shouldn't a super-samurai do better than that stupid gent?
    But seriously, just shower that man with arrows or charge that man with cav or blast him with artillery, why everybody think he is invincible???

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfire View Post
    what do you guys think?
    I think people are taking the idea out of context and exaggerating the issue. It's not going to be much different from having generals and such in the previous games, mixed with the Kensai unit of the first STW. Which was, to wit, a single-man unit that could take on entire groups of lesser men. Which reflects, quite well actually, the fearsome reputation and skill of famous and well-trained individual samurai. Remember, samurai were the landed, warrior gentry of Japan; one for every twenty peasant soldiers, IIRC. It makes sense that there will be relatively few of them with extraordinary gameplay capabilities.

No,just no.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Personally, I feel that when CA stated the new game would go back to basics, they may have also meant that the fantasy crap will come back too (like some people said above). If anyone remembers the druids/'battlepriests'/monks/headthrowers/Ancient Egyptians/etc. in Rome... Well, I just don't think that that'd be a great place to go, but one never knows. Rome was a huge success, so Shogun may be as well. I just REALLY hope they don't make the 'faction color' mistake again (of course in Shogun this would be realistic to a certain point) or the Egypt one. That's all I have to say. Hell, we may even get lucky and get an actual moddable platform this time.

Default mythology?

the question of myth or not could be anwered by refering to the battle of stamford bridge....i cant see the english "big upping" the barbarians at the gates ...musta been some truth to it. Why couldnt japan have like men as these.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I kill hero units all the time, my musketeers just gun them down super easily.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast