Thread: (Request) Someone Please make a Tutorial on AOR

Default (Request) Someone Please make a Tutorial on AOR

Can someone Please post a tutorial on how to do AOR (Area of Recreuitment) it would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: (Request) Someone Please make a Tutorial on AOR

I can tell you how to make AOR units, thats easy, but could someone please tell me how to make new Region IDs, so we can be more specific with AOR.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR-Boy View Post
    I can tell you how to make AOR units, thats easy, but could someone please tell me how to make new Region IDs, so we can be more specific with AOR.
    tell us how to make AOR units than..

Thats fantastic SPQR. I want AOR on my Copy of NTW. It would make NTW a whole new game.

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR-Boy View Post
    You rather mean resource name and not region ID (which cannot be changed). Resource name can be what ever word you choose let's say sexy_girl. When you decide the name you have to add resource e.g. sexy_girl (just the word) in:

1. startpos.esf in REGION\RESOURCES_ARRAY of the region(s) you want the units to be available.

2. In the mod.pack you shall make in units_table (in column Regions Id Ref of the specific unit) and in region_unit_resources_tables.

Here is how you'll work in startpos:

Open startpos and go in [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGIONS_MANAGER/REGIONS_ARRAY/REGION/REGIONS_RESOURCES, right click on a resource, clone, replace cloned one with the new.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Have in mind that from the moment you'll add a resource in startpos you have to have the resource present at least in your units_resources_tables or you'll get a CTD.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 02, 2010 at 11:38 AM.

Ladies ladies! Please. I was asking the same question as you Spartan, just in more complex (albeit incorrect) terms.

and for a tutorial on how to create a unit, they're in the previous page.

Thats excellent HusserlTW, thanks for a productive answer. i thought it had something to do with the startpos!
    Last edited by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠; June 03, 2010 at 12:55 AM.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Decanus

Icon6 Re: (Request) Someone Please make a Tutorial on AOR

Hi all, i´ve got a couple of small questions:
    1) Is it true that each new AOR can not have more than 10 units related to it?.
    2) If it is so, the solution would be to create (clone) a new RESOURCE in the same AOR?
    Thank you all in advance.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I have much more than 10 units. I didn't notice a problem.

I will double check this evening to be sure.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I checked, I have at least 30 units in France with AOR, no problem