Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Whiff of Sulphur - WHITE

Default Re: Whiff of Sulphur - WHITE

Could you clarify please which are the differences between the files on first post? I donīt know if I have to use all, some of them and the differences between them. Thanks for the awesome mod. +rep
    Last edited by Blingerman; November 15, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

WoS_3_1.zip is the latest version and is stand alone.

Glad you like it!

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

could u maby make a version whitout the Melle Smoke its a fps killer and will make it Tough for those whit less powerfull PCs it would also be good for multiplayer so u can see whats goin on better thank you

I have added a dustless version to the main post. It should remove the melee and walking dust and is stand-alone and not a patch.

Thanks sry but dont wanna be a pain but is there some way i can change the dust myself to go vanilla or something like that since i want Walk dust but not melle =P

Quote Originally Posted by rikktherek View Post
    I have added a dustless version to the main post. It should remove the melee and walking dust and is stand-alone and not a patch.
    Sorry, what do you mean by "not a patch" ???
    Do I just install it by simply put the .pack on Napoleon's data and add mod <name> to the user script?

Quote Originally Posted by chianh1305 View Post
    Sorry, what do you mean by "not a patch" ???
    Do I just install it by simply put the .pack on Napoleon's data and add mod <name> to the user script?
    he means that its a Standalone u dont have to have the other Wiff of Sulphur and yes it requiers a user script since its in mod format if u got pack file manager u can change it to not need a user scrip and that also makes it multiplayer Compatible

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    he means that its a Standalone u dont have to have the other Wiff of Sulphur and yes it requiers a user script since its in mod format if u got pack file manager u can change it to not need a user scrip and that also makes it multiplayer Compatible
    Thank you man !!! ... I could install it now... : D

I was like "wtf" when I saw the title of this thread... that's how people usually call me here at TWC...

Your mod is awsome +rep

Good effects and good smoke , but your mod would be better if your sgell explosions would be a little bit
    bigger and more earth spreading out , it wouldbe more nicer too if you add more lighting effects.

Cheers GWH

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hi great mos, I had the BSM from Mech Donald and thought I would try yours out.The rifles and infantry and stuff seem to work great. What Im not sure about is the artillery and the ships, there is hardly any smoke. I put mod"WOS_3_1_Ehanced.pack"; in the user script. Did I do that right? Thanks
    Last edited by airborne guy; December 16, 2010 at 09:17 AM.

@airborne guy
    If you set it at "WoS_3_1_Enhanced" it should work unless you have another mod in later in the sequence. I use mod manager by LtChambers http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344757 which I find superiour in getting these things working. Hope that helps.

Is there anyway to make black smoke from burning buildings and ships more thicker and black? At the moment it seems to be very faint and is kinda covered by the white cannon smoke. If it looked a little more pronounced it would look great.

I thinkthe blood and smoke mod had something like this for Empire Total war. Looked nice. Is this something that is possible to replicate?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Hi great mos, I had the BSM from Mech Donald and thought I would try yours out.The rifles and infantry and stuff seem to work great. What Im not sure about is the artillery and the ships, there is hardly any smoke. I put mod"WOS_3_1_Ehanced.pack"; in the user script. Did I do that right? Thanks

YEP, I have the Realistic Explosions mod following yours in the User Script

Hey, could you please make a mod with only the blood effects of this mod??

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    Thanks sry but dont wanna be a pain but is there some way i can change the dust myself to go vanilla or something like that since i want Walk dust but not melle =P
    I second this. I would like a version that retains the vanilla marching dust, but omits the added melee dust in the standard version.

Other than that this mod looks brilliant, I'll try it out later this day

Edit: Ok I tried it out (the no dust version), or at least I tried to try it out. Whenever I use this mod, the game hangs on the battle loading screen. I've triple checked the script file so that's not the problem. The only other mods I'm using are "Napoleon Total Flags" and "Radious' Sound Mod".
    Last edited by Brazilski; January 10, 2011 at 10:30 AM.

Hi, I just registered to thank you for this mod, it is fantastic and really adds to the visual atmosphere of the game especially when using some custom sounds.

I would like to ask if there is a possibility of making a version that includes at least the cannon tracers? I can perhaps understand why some people are not too fond of them (I would agree that the game is better for not having line infantry tracers) but visually without them on the cannons it makes it very difficult to see exactly where you are firing and what you are hitting...

Hope this doesn't sound too cheeky as I don't really know how much work this would involve...but it would be greatly appreciated.

RaZor HeaD's Avatar Decanus
    Primarily Chicago IL. Presently DeKalb IL.

Second the link above.
    Love this mod, but it's unusable for me with out cannon tracers.

Rikktherek,

Thumbs up for your mod which is a beautiful one. But I can't really use it because of too much smoke hampers view of battlefield and units and, as I'm not the best of general like some on these forums, I'm quickly overwhelmed and sometimes loose for silly errors. I'm using UAI and with clever enemy moves and too fast unit displacements, no visibility is a pain.
    What can I do to have your smoke and optimization but in a lighter way with less obstructed vision ? Is there a downgraded version available ?
    Playing vanilla with some mods for the skins and units and UAI (last).
    I take advantage of this post to also ask if your mod is Duffer's Render compatible.

Thanks for your answer.

I have attached a zip file with 3 mods that would replace any wiff of sulphur mod you have. One version adds cannonball trails, one removes walking and melee smoke and one has lighter smoke from muskets so as not to obscure the battlefield too much.

Disclaimer: The version of Wiff of Sulphur I am using has moved on considerably from the versions online. The version in the attached files here is smokier; musket and melee smoke were reworked considerably and I have updated the smoke from burning things (like ships.) I doubt I will be able to maintain it much as I will be turning my gaze towards Shogun 2 soon.