Thread: MAARC XXI - Nominations

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default MAARC XXI - Nominations

Nominate AARs for June contest.

The nominated AAR must have at least 2 updates in June.

Give the following info:

Title (as link)

Author:

Game: RTW / M2TW / ETW / ...

Mod:

Faction:

Short Description / Teaser
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

ReD_OcToBeR's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MAARC XXI - Nominations

The Lone Eagle of Britannia

By: Myself

Game: Rome Total War: IB mod

Faction: Romano-British

The last Legions of the Western Roman Empire have left the people of Britannia to fend for themselves as the heartland is threatened like never before. Independence is established and with it the rebuilding of the neglected Isle. The story follows the exploits of a young Roman, son of the new King to these lands. The first threat to their survival is the invading Saxons, and rebellious northern tribes of the Picts.

Frederik VI Rise to Power

By: Christian Goth

Game: Napoleon Total war

Mod: Danmark-Norge og Englandskrigene (DEK) and Napoleon All in one Mod

Faction: Denmark-Norway

The AAR is about Crown Prince Frederik succeding his father on the throne and try to reclaim Denmark-Norway's place on the world scene in war swept Europe. Caught between Napoleon and the Third Coalition Frederik must either choose side or try to stay neutral.
    Whatever he choose it will not be easy.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Uniting a Kingdom

Author: Tim1988

Game: M2TW: Kingdoms. Britannia Campaign

Mod: None

Faction: England

Short Description: Read about the battles and issues of King Edward I of England as he tries to unite a divided Island under one crown. Along the way he will encounter many enemies and lose many friends.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Title: Visions of an Odyssey: A Makurian Dynasty
    Author: Thokran
    Game: Medieval II Total War
    Mod: Broken Crescent
    Faction: Kingdom of Makuria
    Short Description / Teaser:

Life in the Southern Nile has always been deeply entrenched in customs and traditions. For centuries the Christian tribes of these lands have bickered and warred with one another over petty differences, unable to come together as a whole. As a result, they have resigned themselves to life in the arid desert plain, surrounded by the oppressive veil of Islam that has come to dominate the Fertile Crescent.

But no longer. One man from Makuria has led his people out of historical obscurity, determined to fight back the tide of Islam's greatest champions, the Ayyubid Sultanate. This man, Negus David 'the Tyrant', has paved the road to riches and prosperity with the skulls of his enemies, restoring the Kingdom of Makuria to the mighty River Empire it once was.

But for all of his achievments, David still finds himself dissatisfied with his success, feeling compelled to continue his campaigning until all the Ayyubid peoples were exterminated off the face of the Earth. The vision he once held for his people had evolved into what some would call an obsession. As some begin to doubt the King's vision, other young upstarts begin to develop their own vision they wish to see realized; visions which may once again clash with the will of the Negus.

This is a tale of visions. This is the journey of a proud people, eager to etch their names into eternity. This is the story of Makuria.

Wars of the Koinon Hellenon

Author: Scipio Africanus Maximus

Game: Rome: Total War

Mod: Europa Barbarorum-BI

Faction: Koinon Hellenon

Witness the struggles of the once mighty cities of Hellas! With the power of Macedon in decline, the cities of Athens and Sparta have joined forces with Rhodes to fight the tyranny of the barbaroi who dare to call themselves Greeks. Divided and a shadow of their former greatness, the allies face an uphill battle against the most powerful kingdoms in the Mediterranean. Will they succeed and rise anew or will they become another footnote of history?

Game(s):
    RTW:ROP & RTW: PI & RTW:EB
    Faction(s):

1. Persia
    2. Rome

Difficulty:
    Varries from mod. I only used hard or v.hard settings so far.
    Description:

History of men is a project unlike any other. It tries to write the whole spectrum of history in a single AAR. It goes back to the Rise of Persia around 550BC and will see the rise (current status) and fall of the roman empire and continue through medieval times to the discovery of america, modern times and world wars. It is written less in a narrative form, but rather as a compilation of fictional historical sources.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Now Caesar has his most devastating unit, the Praetorian cavalry, just where he needs them – in the back of Neros army. The plan is to stage a large attack on the entire right side of the hostile army.

Praetorian Officer: Men, this is it. Let’s not waste too much time and just kill some of these swine. For Rome, for Mars!
    [Pauses]
    Charge!

At the third hour of the battle the cavalry charge falls into the whole right side of Neros army. Nero himself gets caught in the spot. He is trapped.

Nero: No! It should not end like this. Not now.

The Non-History of Mauretania: A Europa Barbarorum AAR

Author: MisterFred!

Game: RTW - Europa Barbarorum

Faction: Mauretania

A client state finds itself adrift as the once-powerful Lusotann tribal confederacy turns inward and struggles to survive a disastrous change in leadership. Will a unified nation be forged from the crucible of war? Or will a people on the edge of the world fade back out of history's view?

This is a story of love, a story of hate. Of violence and atrocity, of beauty and fidelity. The history of a people, in all its ugly glory.
    Last edited by MisterFred; June 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM.

SonOfAlexander's Avatar I want his bass!
    Citizen

The Epic Of Caelvs Morsvs Lvminivs* and also this page

Faction: N/A
    Games: some RTW Vanilla, some RTW BI 1.6, some RS 1.5c
    Author: SonOfAlexander

Description:
    This 17 month story finally draws to a close. In the aftermath of the Battle of the Bloody Fields of Cannae and th death of his brother, Caelus fights with Hannibal over the control of Rome - that is, if their mental sparring doesn't prevent either of them from getting a hand on it... or a sword...

Caelus launches an assault on Rome, and the outcome is uncertain...

The Epilogue is coming soon...

There's only one way to find out who will be the victor....

Teasers:

“It’s no use, Lanner. He’s go - “
    “AHH!”

The few people gathered in the Strategos’ campaign tent jumped as their leader cried out. They stared, but his body remained still even as they stood fixated at him. Lanner, still kneeling by his Lord’s bed, raised his hands slightly as he stared open mouthed at Caelus, gawping even as the body lay as comatose as before. He looked slowly to the heavens and muttered to the gods.
    The mighty drums beat, beat… beat in the deep. They sounded across the valleys, and the ram approached the walls as they ushered it on, drawing the gods power from the heavens. The men chanted, shouting curses at the Romans, praying to the gods of the legends of the druithynn and the bandruithynn, the great druids. The will of the gods flowed from the heaven in a sparkling, fiery glow, invisible to the Romans, and the Caelids felt victory boil in their blood.

The ram crashed onto the immovable gates.

* N.B. Due to the 10-attachment limit on posts, I have had to post Chapter 51 over 3 posts on page 35 to fit in the 30 pictures. They still scroll smoothly, but don't be deterred by a gap between posts - also between these posts, I have added some note-posts. They have links to youtube videos that are nice to listen to at the same time as you read the AAR. Just an idea
    Last edited by SonOfAlexander; June 27, 2010 at 05:34 AM.
    Please come see the BAARC
    Proud Member of the Critic's Quill & ES content staff
    Under the benificient and omniscient patronage of Carl Von Döbeln
    Bono: "Let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, and tell me about the 'Resistance', the 'Revolution' 'back home'. The 'glory' of the revolution, and the 'glory' of dying for the revolution. F *** THE REVOLUTION!!!"
    Ariovistus Maximus: "Google supplieth all."
    [Multi-AAR] Caelus Morsus Luminius

Valandur's Avatar Campidoctor

The Tenth Crusade

Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367836
    Game: M2TW
    Mod: Stainless Steel 6.2
    Sub-Mod: Real Combat/Real Recruitment
    Faction: The Crusader States
    Era: 1450

Description: The Tenth Crusade is a 3rd-Person AAR based on the Crusader States in 1450 Era of RR/RC for SS. The plot is the fictional invasion of the Holy Lands by the newly reformed Crusaders who have the intent of destroying Islam forever. But the Fatimid Caliphate, the mightiest Muslim Nation, stands in their way of liberating Jerusalem and the rest of Levant from Islamic control. Watch how the Crusaders take on the Fatimids in an addictive story of politics and survival. Will the Crusaders do what Richard the Lionheart and Louis of France could not? Or will the descendants of Saladin maintain his Legacy and destroy the Crusaders forever?

Screenshots:

Last edited by Valandur; June 28, 2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Needed to put screenshots up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann View Post
    They would be incorrect. The only path to happiness is through Christ.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

The Travails of a Buddhist Warrior Monk

Link: [Shogun AAR] The Travails of a Buddhist Warrior Monk
    Author: Seleucos of Olympia
    Game: STW
    Mod: none
    Faction: Mori

A long time ago (but not too long), after I was finished with the more medieval "Chronicles of Edessa" I decided to go back to Shogun and write an AAR focused on a single unit of Buddhist Warrior Monks, led by a completely inexperienced general. There was a wider war going on for the unification of Japan, of course, but my scope would be smaller and more personal. I'm still writing it, many months later, at a slow pace (whenever I play STW), but I've got several chapters ready, so I'll begin by posting them here on a daily basis.

Difficulty level is expert, my clan is Mori, and the game version is STW v1.12 (the last version before MI rebalanced things and changed the starting positions).
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

The Proud Blood of Germania

Author: Solid Snake (Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan)
    Game: RTW
    Mod: None
    Faction:Germania
    Setings: VH/H

The King´s son fights between life and death after an injury battling the Gauls, the Healers of old must prove their worth.... The Germanic.Roman wars have begun and the fields of Patavium have been stained with the blood of the legions... Etelgis prepares the invasion of Britannia and the Germanics foothold in Italy becomes stronger....The world has taken a new turn...

Link to newest update: Humanis Corporis Fabrica
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"